[SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!!

Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

[SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 02:43 PM

NOTE: There is now a guide to breeding all of the Magic Plants in the Guides Section. You can use this thread if you need help making any other plant.

Although there are many excellent breeding guides available in this forum and the Plant Tycoon Guide Section, many people aren't able to use those for various reasons. To help people who can't use the guides, I'm starting this thread for people to use when they need help making a specific plant. Post the name of the plant you're looking for, and people can give you the help you need to make it.
Posted by: writergal28

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 04:59 PM

Thank God for this thread! I need help with my very last magic plant - I've been working on it for two days now, and I just can't get it. The last one I need is the Nox Orchid. PLEASE HELP! Thanks folks! \:\)
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 05:09 PM

Post deleted by LadyCFII. This thread is for putting spoiler help on plant breeding.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 05:20 PM

I've looked at those...for some reason, I can't get the spreadsheets to work on my computer. That's why I'm asking for some extra help \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 05:24 PM

I've limited the list to the most common plants, but there are others that will produce what you want.

The following combinations will produce a Nox flower:
Daisy and Bluestar
Mystic and Painted
Spotted and Rosaceae

The following combinations will produce an Orchid:
Grass and Astera
Scandens and Gladiatus
Reptans and Fern

So, for example, you could cross a Spotted Grass with a Rosaceae Astera and get a Nox Orchid. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 05:35 PM

Thank you!!! I now have my project for the rest of the day! \:\)
Posted by: LadyKnight

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 05:53 PM

Ok I guess this is where I ask. I'm trying for the Aureus Scandens and understand that I need Tilia grass to go with my nox reptans...is that right and if so i'm clueless lol. Sorry but I too cannot get excel.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 06:00 PM

Tilia is one of the harder plants to obtain. To get Aureus, you'd be better off crossing a Venomous and Fourpetal or Citrus and Fragrant (which are much easier to obtain). To get Grass, try crossing Reptans and Astera.
Posted by: miniflowers

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 06:21 PM

Although there are many possible combinations, the one I've found most direct is the venomous grass x the blue repetans - if I remember correctly. Good luck!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 06:26 PM

That combination will not produce an Aureus Scandens or a Nox Orchid. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 08:37 PM

Ok i've crossed a venemous and a 4 petal i also have citrus and fragrant cross but does it matter what kind they are and do i need to cross them with something else then?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 08:46 PM

Each plant has two "parts" - the foliage and the flower. If you're looking for an Aureus Scandens, you have to make sure that the plants you're crossing have both of the necessary "parts." For example, you can't cross-pollinate just any Citrus and Fragrant plant, or you'll get an Aureus flower on whatever foliage type the plants happen to produce. To get an Aureus Scandens you have to cross, for example, a Citrus Grass and a Fragrant Reptans, or a Venemous Reptans and a Fourpetal Grass.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 08:58 PM

Ok ty I am trying that now but if it doesn't work i will still need tilia grass or a tilia scanden. I have some grass and scandens and those seeds with hair like things that look like tilia. Any idea how i can get there or can/should i start another post? Getting mighty discouraged here lol.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 09:03 PM

You could do it with a Tilia, but that would be much harder to get. One thing you might want to look at is this guide from sfrose. It explains very well how to get plants by mutation, which is another good option for the Scandens.
Posted by: frietje

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 10:19 PM

hello
i'm stuck, i am looking for the jalapa maranta, can anywone help me please
Posted by: sfrose

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/25/07 10:31 PM

That is fairly easy. You can get it with initial seeds, or can cross breed it with other initial seeds you may have:

Bluestar Maple and Fourpetal Astera is one possibility.

But look for common seeds that will cross the following flowers:

Bluestar & Fourpetal
Spotted & Citrus

and the following foliage:

Maple & Astera
Reptans & Ball Cactus
Posted by: sherry3838

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 01:09 AM

I am so lost and frustrated!
The keypocket guide made no sense at all, and the charts still leave me lost.
I am up to tier 4 and seems I just skipped many of the tier 1 and 2's. (again) I have only gotten 2 magic plants. The 4 petal maple and the fabled lemonbush.
I have not gotten any pipe cactus, nor any daisy grass and the lower tier plants. And I can't figure out how to get them.
The charts I saw had plant names cross sectioned with others to show a result, however it does not tell you how to get the plant in the first place.
the list that was posted completely lost me with the 1x2x-1 stuff.
Accckkk...

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 01:40 AM

Don't feel all alone Sherry. Same here and I can't download most of them for some reason:(

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 12:00 PM

I can give you a step-by-step method that is one of the many ways to get the Aureus Scandens, but you might have to keep buying common seeds from the shop to get the ones you need to start with.

Cross a Jalapa Astera with a Fourpetal Reptans (or a Fourpetal Astera and a Jalapa Reptans) to get a Fragrant Grass.
Cross the Fragrant Grass with a Citrus Reptans, and you'll have the Aureus Scandens.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 04:09 PM

Ok thanks. Getting there..*sigh*

Just a little FYI, I'll post here because it won't allow me to post in the appropriate thread.
For those without excel or spreadsheet programs
openoffice.org has free downloads of clone excel and MS office suites. It will read/work same as all excel and ms office doc's. Works perfect for these breeding /plant charts.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 04:15 PM

That's true, but it won't run the many of the macros and PivotTables that people have included in their spreadsheets. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 04:15 PM

LOL whats REALLY bad is I happen to be a master gardener. I actually think thats getting in the way! For example, when you really cross plants, you won't get something completely different from the two hosts..:)
Posted by: melodyzsong

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 05:40 PM

I've tried for days to get Aureus Scandens, I couldnt get a 4petal reptan. I Can barely understand the guide, so I ended up breeding Venomous Grass and Daisy Reptans and it worked. Also, The Mela Rare Oak, I crossed the Mela Bush and the Mela cactus. Not sure, but it doesnt seem to jive with the charts. Hope this helps others who dont get the charts.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 08:14 PM

ok, I have a rosaceae orchid.....can I breed that with anything to get the nox orchid? I've been trying this for three or four days now....ACK! lol \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 08:23 PM

Breed it with either:

Spotted Grass or Spotted Orchid. \:\) I think it'll work.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 08:27 PM

nifty...I'll give that a try \:\) Thanks \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 09:46 PM

Ok what do I need to do to make a citrus reptan? I have nox reptans. Also really need venemous grass but only have bluestar grass and maybe jalapa. Might have fragrant also? And a venomous lemonbush.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 10:04 PM

Update.. I desperately need citrus reptans and venemous grass. I have fragrant grass, and bluestar grass. Also have venemous lemonbush. Only have nox reptans. HELP before i mess it up again lol.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 10:07 PM

I think you can only get a Cirtus Reptans from mutation or buy seeds from the supply store and hope for the best. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 10:10 PM

To make a Citrus Reptans you'll need a Reptans that has a Tier 4 flower. You are probably better off looking to buy a new seed in the Supply Store.

Making the Venomous Grass will be a lot easier once you have the Citrus Reptans. It's a common plant, so you might not need to wait for long.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 10:24 PM

Ok I'm checking to see what i have from tier 4.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 10:32 PM

If you do find one (a Reptans with a Tier 4 flower) it may take a couple of crosses with your Nox Reptans before you get the Citrus.

OTOH, depending on what Tier 4 plants you have, you may be able to get to the Venomous Grass.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 10:54 PM

Ok now I have a Nox Glaber (will that make a reptan with my nox reptan)..and a Viola Glaber and a Venus Gladiatus. Also have nox scandens as well as reptans. Also painted rare oak and painted bamboo. Can i get to the Citrus Reptans or Venemous grass through any of these? I hate to start over since i already have the Magic Tree of Fragrance, Rose of Joy, Fabled of Isola and Nox Orchid. Only two left.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:02 PM

None of those plants will produce a Citrus Reptans. Seriously, since you have so much time invested in the game, the best approach is to buy the common seeds from the store each day until you get a Citrus Reptans. You could always start a second game in another player slot and use that to experiment. If you don't get the plants you want right off, you can start over until you do. Then, at least, you'll have experience making the plants you need. \:\)

None of the Magic Plants require Tier 4 plants, which are very difficult to get, anyway, and are intended as a late-game (optional) quest.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:10 PM

ok ty

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:10 PM

I agree with Barbara. Starting over may be hard to admit to, but it will be easier with each game.

If you start a new game slot and look for 2-3 Reptans and Ball Cacti seeds (or plants) in your initial batch and/or in the Store you'll have a much easier time at finding all of the MPs. You may even solve the game in that slot before the store in your first game restocks again! ;\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:43 PM

Ohhh ALL i need now is venemous grass!! Now have several differrent options to go but NEED ven grass. Any idea how to get it or what to mutate? i'm sooo close now.
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:48 PM

Well, yer on yer way, try sfroses pocket mutation guide in teh guides section.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:55 PM

Keep looking but can;t find it

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/26/07 11:59 PM

I'll post a link

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 12:00 AM

Click here This should help, but do u have MS Excel??> THen u can download borg's breeder
Posted by: Pinkfish

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 12:03 AM

this thread is just what the doctor ordered

I started a new player name and:

I got 3 MP's with copies of all my original seeds .. then just proceeded to replant the FLB and the RF to make enough cash for the 3rd soil upgrade, now that took less than 10 hours game play, unlike my other player names who have 3 trays of seeds and well a total disorganised mess ..... and over 80 hours game play ... now I have the soil .. I can go for the others .. keeping copies of my orginal seeds at all times !!

thank you for this thread!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 12:04 AM

very nice. We're al happy to contribute to game guides!
Posted by: april_rose

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 03:23 AM

Hi!

I am having a hard time finding the right combination to make ridgeball foliage.
I have 7 different ridgeball flowers. I have ran out of combinations to make different ones. I have also used the mutation liquid. I know to pollinate multifloral and ridgeball you get a ridgeball. I have tried many combos without luck. I buy every seed each day. Have not had the luck to purchase ridgeball seed lately.

I have all 6 magic plants. 268 plants discovered. I’m still looking for the last _bug_ on the bottom right.

Thanks,

Rose

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 05:37 AM

Would surely help you if I could. Just now finanlly grasping the whole chart thing, etc. Now have 3 games going because I refuse to abandon the first one of which I have 4 magics....still stubbornly working on other 2 LOL. Will be interesting to see how each game goes and which one(s) get it all first.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 11:55 AM

April, the Ridgeball is one of the plants that can't be obtained by breeding if you don't already have Ridgeballs. When you say you have 7 different Ridgeball flowers, are you saying that you have 7 Ridgeballs with different flowers on them, for example Fragrant Ridgeball, Daisy Ridgeball, etc.? If so, you can make other flower types by cross-pollinating the ones you have.

You can get that foliage by mutation, but it's usually very expensive to do that. The best chance you have of getting a Ridgeball by mutation is to start with a Multiflora and hope it mutates the way you want. smile
Posted by: lou615

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 04:30 PM

HI I was looking at borgs grid and I dont think it has on it how to get an spotted astera. I may be wrong. ;\)

Thanks
Lou

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 04:49 PM

You can get a Spotted Astera by crossing a Spotted Reptans with a Spotted Maranta (and that is shown on Borg's grids). \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 05:06 PM

I'm sorry I was reading it wrong.

Thanks again
Lou
Posted by: Sheepy

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 09:04 PM

okay...
i noticed a mela fern crossed with a fabled rare oak dont give me the fruit of life i am sooooooooooo desperately looking for

any help???
my kids already laughing about me..spending more time on PT than in my real garden

i promiss, as soon as i know the mystery how to get the fruit of life i will be more patient on discovering the other MPs i miss

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/27/07 09:22 PM

You would have to cross a Mela Fern with a Mela Weeper or Mela Pitcher to get the Fruit of Life. There are easier combinations to get, however. I usually choose to breed something like a Ball Cactus and Lemonbush to get the Rare Oak, and Citrus and Venomous to get the Mela flower (fruit). \:\)
Posted by: Silk

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 01:03 PM

Thank you for your patience , yes I am missing 1 magic plant and have not come across the following: Ridgeball,Weeper,Pitcher and as for flowers,:tahitian,lilia,and tilia..It was much easier with Palm version :).
Any help is much appreciated.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 01:14 PM

The Palm version and the Windows/Mac versions are different, and the species structure and breeding have been reworked. There are also 6 Magic Plants, not 4.

The species you mentioned are special rare ones that are not necessary to find all of the Magic Plants and are intended to be an optional end-game quest. Those plants (known as Tier 4 plants) can be discovered only by purchasing extinct seeds from the Supply Shop or by use of Mutation Liquid. None of the Magic Plants requires those species in order to be discovered.

You had mentioned previously that you needed the Aureus Scandens. To get the Aureus flower, you should cross a Venomous and Fourpetal or Citrus and Fragrant. To get a Scandens, you can cross Grass and Reptans. You might also find the explanation by sfrose in this post very helpful for understanding the breeding charts. \:\)
Posted by: Silk

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 01:24 PM

Dear LadyCFII,
Thank you so much...I might just get to go to earlier tonight ....will keep posted on status..
Thanks
;\)
Posted by: wmatheson

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 05:29 PM

Anyone know of a nice way to get a spotted ridgeball? I believe that is the one plant that CANNOT be bred to....got a nice starting place for mutations? Or how likely is it that is will show up in the store?

(I'm going by Borg's chart and trying for the 4 corner plants - which, theoretically, will give me breeding access to any other plant - eventually - starting from just those four...)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 05:36 PM

I think the best way is to mutate a Spotted Reptans and hope it goes well. \:D
Posted by: wmatheson

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 05:50 PM

Well, it hasn't so far, but I've probably just been unlucky

Back to buying more mutation liquid....

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 06:07 PM

Thanks Lady....

i got the mela fern and the rare oak, just dont know how to get the mela onto the oak, or on the pitcher / weeper (which i got but not with the mela on it)

i keep trying ;\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 06:46 PM

Thanks to Borgs fabulous charts I have found all but one magic plant.
I need the Nox orchid but the charts now dont help me
can someone advise me... I have not marked in the other magic plants but I do have them
here is my chart

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 07:10 PM

If the green cells in that grid represent the only plants/seeds that you have, you will need to somehow get one of the species in the upper left corner of the chart (such as the Spotted Reptans or its neighbors in the chart) in order to produce the Nox Orchid. The Spotted Reptans is a common plant, and you may find it in the Supply Shop. You could also set about mutating some plants to get that part of your grid filled in.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 07:15 PM

Thanks for you quick reply, I thought that maybe the case too... todays supplies to buy are not very useful either ..cacti, maple, rare oak etc... I'll pause the game and see if I get new stock tomorrow maybe the spotted reptans is there then.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 07:33 PM

I may be wrong, but I don't think that the store will restock if you have the game in paused mode. You may be better off setting it to slow mode.
Posted by: Algorithm

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 07:52 PM

i wish everyone included a copy of their spreadsheet when asking a question as it makes it so simple to answer. i will repeat what LadyCFII said above, except I will use more words and do it without a beautiful avatar. \:\)

Since you do not have any plants to the left or above your desired plant, you cannot breed it with the plants you have. so your two choices are to either buy the plant you want (or a close relative of it) from the store (pretty much anything that is above and to the left of the desired plant will of course help you), or mutate something you have into something you want. i would pick a plant close to the plant you want to reduce how many mutations you need to do. in this case..

mutate your bluestar astera twice to get a nox orchid.

your chance of mutating the bluestar on the first try to either a nox astera (25%) or a bluestar orchid (25%) is 50%. Your chance of then mutating that plant on your next mutation to the nox orchid is 25%. Thus, your chance of two mutations in a row producing what you need is 12.5% (1 in 8).

there is a way of improving your odds from 12.5% to 100%. Save your game, attempt the mutation, then restore your game if your mutation went the wrong way. don't know how to save/restore you game? Check HERE.

(some would argue this is a form of cheating, some would argue it is not, and some would rather have a tunafish sandwich, which is what I am off to make \:\) )

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/28/07 11:53 PM

Thank you for your help
them charts sure make things easy sometimes .... and I got all the other 5 using the original seeds I was given , and i still have back ups of them, but I wasn't given anything in the top left corner .. to mutate or buy that is the question ??
Posted by: freakabhishek

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 07:08 AM

Can anyone help me in getting mela rare oak
i have found other 5 plants but not this one

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Pinkfish
and I got all the other 5 using the original seeds I was given , and i still have back ups of them, but I wasn't given anything in the top left corner .. to mutate or buy that is the question ??

Each game starts off with a random selection of common seeds and plants. But there are 25 possibilities and only 15 "starter" seeds/plants (counting the seeds in the seed boxes and the three initially for sale.) And some of those 15 may be duplicates. So sometimes you get all the ones you want, and sometimes you need to wait for them to become available in the store.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: freakabhishek

It would help if you list the other plants you already have. There are many approaches to getting this plant.
Posted by: freakabhishek

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 11:13 AM

i really cant tell u about that because i havnt noted down the process
but i got 4 of the magic plant through mutation liquid and the other one by what combination dont know hope u understand

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 11:53 AM

with a ballcactus and a lemonbush it will do \:\)
Posted by: laurence

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 02:31 PM

with a ballcactus and a lemonbush it will make a rare oak
with a citrus and venomous or areus it will make a mela! \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 03:34 PM

i really cant tell u about that because i havnt noted down the process
but i got 4 of the magic plant through mutation liquid and the other one by what combination dont know hope u understand

What plants do you currently have in your green house? Which ones have already been pollinated, and which ones haven't?

If they all have been pollinated already, you may need to plants some seeds, or buy them from the store to get started again.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/29/07 05:43 PM

I read some your hints so I will put some to the test, I put this so I can find this page again.
Posted by: happylady

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 03:28 PM

I have realy messed up with my combos. I had the fragrant magic plant then i didn't self pollinate it. How can I get it again I am trying to get enough money to upgrade my soil and the highest priced plant I have is the rosaceae fern. Can someone help me with this.
Posted by: Deathwing

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 03:37 PM

I know people have said Reptans help make a ridge ball with the Mut Liq has anyone got one????

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: happylady
...I had the fragrant magic plant then i didn't self pollinate it...
Fragrant? there is not a Magic Plant with the fragrant flower!
If you mean "Fabled Lemonbush", I have find mine with a Rosaceae Fern and a Fourpetal PipeCactus. But it may be an other way! \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 03:55 PM

I often forget to self-polinate things, and it's a big pain having to find them again \:\(
Posted by: Squeakss

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 04:42 PM

Will someone pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me in SIMPLE terms how to get a fabled lemonbush? This is the last MP I need, and don't have a clue how to get it. I've tried to figure out the charts, guides, etc, and can't do it. I've read every post, and see nothing on that one. I've read the explainations on how to figure out the charts, and can't do it. Please tell me simply how it is done. Thank you so much. I'm growing a new grey hair every day playing this game.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 04:45 PM

Just two posts above!! I still replied \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 04:48 PM

Jalapa Astera and Fragrant Ball Cactus; Rosaceae Astera and Fourpetal Ball Cactus; Jalapa Maranta and Fragrant Maple are examples of the easiest ways to get a Fabled Lemonbush.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 05:03 PM

How to make a specific plant depends on the plants you already have available for pollination as well as seeds you may have saved. So the simple way on how I can make it in one of my games may be different for you.

One simple cross is a Fragrant Maple with a Jalapa Maranta. If you look at the Pocket Guide You'll see that the number for a Fabled Lemonbush would be a 10/11 (each part has its own number.

The Fabled flower is in between the Jalapa and Fragrant (9 & 11) and the Lemonbush foliage is halfway between the Maranta and Maple (9 & 13) So when you cross a Jalapa Maranta with a Fragrant Maple, the resulting seed will produce a Fabled Lemonbush! Another cross that will work is a Fragrant Maranta with a Jalapa Maple for the same reason.

Moving further out from your goal, crossing a Roseceae Astera with a Fourpetal Ball Cactus (or Rosaceae Ball Cactus with a Fourpetal Astera will also work.

Those aren't the only pairs that will work, just find two flower numbers that add up to 19 or 20 and two foliage numbers that add up to 21 or 22 you'll get the plant you are looking for.

If you don't have pairs that will work, you will need to create one of those plants using the same process.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 09:54 PM

To garantee to keep all my magic plants I keep 4 seeds each in my third seed box, and the other seed boxes I use as experement seeds.

I wonder how I can find my last magic plant, so far I have found four petal fabled lemonbush tree of frangrance, fabled Rose, fruit of life, Rose of Joy and Nox Orched. Only one more to find yet. Sorry I Can't remember the name excitly.
Posted by: Mike1944

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 10:55 PM

Hi everyone this is my first time writting to the forum. Right now Iam a little stuck,I have been playing for 543 hours and I have all the MP's and all the plants but the Ridgeball, I also have all the bugs but the Golden Spider,could someone please tell me how I can get the program to give me them "lol". g.m.b.62@sbcglobal.net

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/30/07 11:00 PM

Try mutating a Multiflora, and hope to get a Ridgeball. \:\) Or check out sfrose's Seed Catalog.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 09:29 AM

I know the name of the magic plant I not found, Aureus Scandens I think. I have got 5 differnt types of Aureus, bamboo, fanleaf, lemonbush, rareoak and maple, I might need a hint to get the scandens.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 11:40 AM

You won't be able to get an Aureus Scandens from crossing the plants that you listed. Two fairly simple ways to get an Aureus Scandens are to cross a Fragrant Grass and a Citrus Reptans or a Fourpetal Reptans and a Venemous Grass.
Posted by: lisa30

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 01:23 PM

hi can anybody tell me how to get a citrus rare oak and if i put it with a venomous rare oak will that give me a mela rare oak

thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 02:23 PM

Oh thats great thank you I think I got some retans in my seed tray. I taken a note of them.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 02:47 PM

* fanleaf
* or ** lemonbush
** or *** bamboo
*** maple
--> rare oak
*** pipe cactus
** pear cactus
* ball cactus

Match the stars (one before and one after the rare oak on the list) with Citrus plants and you'll get a Citrus Rare Oak. (.e. a lemonbush and pear cactus or bamboo and pear cactus)

And yes, then crossing a Venoumous Rare Oak with a Citrus Rare Oak will get you a Mela Rare Oak.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 04:08 PM

thank you will do that now
Posted by: lisa101

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 05:28 PM

Please tell me how you got the mela rare oak. Thats my last magic plant and I can finally stop playing this game for a while.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 06:31 PM

One way is to cross Ball Cactus and Lemonbush to get the Rare Oak, and Citrus and Venomous to get the Mela flower (fruit).
Posted by: babydoll

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 10:45 PM

Seed Catalog wanted...is there a link to yours? I have tried to find it but am unable to locate in the guide section. Thank you for you help

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 10:56 PM

Seed Catalog post in Guides section
Posted by: babydoll

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/07 11:18 PM

Thank you so much

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 08:24 AM

mix a citrus rare oak and a venomous rare oak that will give you the mela rare oak

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 03:02 PM

Morning all, Question can a person cross the mela with an rare oak and get the fruit of life??????

Thanks
Lou

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 03:03 PM

Nope, Lou615.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 04:00 PM

ok thanks. \:\(

Lou

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 04:58 PM

Hi again, I hate to bother again but I have an other question. Say if I want a blazing reptans all I need to is cross a blazing flower with a reptans??? I have borgs grid but I'v not got it figured out.

Thanks
Lou

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 05:08 PM

Nope.... You will not get a Blazing Reptan from that. \:\) There's a thread by sfrose called "The Magic X" which will help you understand Borg's grids.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 05:09 PM

The post that Charley is talking about is here in the Guides Section. \:\)
Posted by: onionGirl

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/02/07 05:16 PM

lou...

You have to keep both the foliage (the type of plant, like maple, or some kind of cactus) and the flowers (type of flower/fruit) into account.

To figure out what your breeding will result in:

look at the chart under "flowers", you'll see a row and a column for each type. To find out what flower you'll get, find the first flower you're crossing, then go along until you're in the column for the other flower. The box you're in shows the flower you'll get.

follow the same steps for the "foliage" sheet to get the plant type... finally, combine the two, and there's your plant!

Hope this helps... I don't understand the first sheet (where you add in flowers and make a pretty triangle), but using the others you can work backwards from what you want, to what you need.

I'm really bored, so if you're totally stuck, let me know what flowers you have and I'll help you get started...

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 12:20 AM

Hi all, Iv come up with an rare oak and a mela flower and I thought crossin them would come up with the fruit of life(the magice plant.)

Thanks
Lou

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 12:22 AM

Nope, crossing two plants often gives you something that has nothing to do with either of them \:D

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:16 AM

Hi, I know one thing this game is not as easy as I thought it would be. lol

Thanks for all your help
Lou
Posted by: erindors

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:27 AM

Please can somebody help me,how do I get a Daisy Grass and a Aureus Fanleaf or the equivelant to help me make my last two MPs ie;Nox Orchid and Mela Rare Oak.its no use telling me to look at spreadsheets as I just dont understand them lol
Posted by: margisama

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:32 AM

does anyone know which plants you have to cross to get a four petal maple? I've tried crossing spotted maples with all the 4 petal flowered plants I had...but no luck \:\( the only MP I've gotten so far is the rosaceae fern

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:38 AM

jalapa maranta with a citrus ball cactus or jalapa ball cactus with citrus maranta = fourpetal maple

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 02:32 AM

For a Mela Rare Oak, cross a Venemous Lemonbush with a Citrus Ball Cactus. For the Nox Orchid, cross a Rosaceae Fern with a Spotted Reptans.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 02:49 AM

Thank you Lady

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 03:56 AM

well after 3 days .. buying store bought reptans... not a spotted on , got a citrus, a four petal (which I already had) so I keep trying to make the Nox Orchid, I have beautiful orchids not a Nox in sight ..

I report back

private Pinky out SIR!!
Posted by: Creamy

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 06:00 AM

I have a thread that tells you how to make a Nox Orchid. It is called "Helping those without a Nox Orchid" I think. Good luck using my explanation AND Finding it!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 09:37 AM

I need help with the Mela Rare Oak and the Aureus Scandens. I have the Soil from Isola, Water from Isola, Golden Pruning shears, Golden butterfly net, all 3 seed boxes, 4 magic plants, 25 out of 48 bugs and all nursery decorations. \:D Sooo happy..

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 11:42 AM

I also need help to get the MELA RARE OAK I have 5 MPs this is the last one for me to get, so Please... Please ...Please... someone help this frustrated old woman and give me a step by step guide to get it.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 12:12 PM

There are many ways to get those two plants. For the Aureus Scandens, try Citrus Grass and a Fragrant Reptans, or a Venemous Reptans and a Fourpetal Grass. For the Mela Rare Oak, cross a Venemous Lemonbush with a Citrus Ball Cactus.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:01 PM

But how do I get a Venemous Lemonbush??????

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:04 PM

I have a venemous fern, and a venemous grass and a venemous ananas but no venemous lemonbush

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: yorzah
But how do I get a Venemous Lemonbush??????
Cross a Citrus Maranta and a Fourpetal Maple.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 03:26 PM

OK, I think I hate the Nox orchid....days of mutating, cross-breeding, etc....and still no Nox Orchid \:\(

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 03:52 PM

The last Magic Plant that I need is the Aureus Scandens!
I think the only manner to get a Scandens is with Reptans and Grass but I only have:
Spotted, Jalapa, Bluestar and Fourpetal Reptans and
Daisy, Fragrant and Rosaceae Grass.
I really don't find the way for reach an Aureus with that!
Do you have a suggestion or do I have to try the mutation?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 04:19 PM

Do you have a Citrus Astera? If yes, you could cross your Fourpetal Reptans with that to get a Venomous Grass, and then cross the Fourpetal Reptans again with the Venomous Grass. The same principle works for Citrus Maranta, Citrus, Maple or Citrus Ball Cactus.

hmmm, I just figured out that with a Fourpetal Reptans you can get to the Aureus Scandens starting with any Citrus, Mela, or Venomous plant. It just may take many generations!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 04:24 PM

YIPEEEEEE.... A BIG THANK YOU TO ...LadyCF11 and sfrose.. for all your help.PT is the best game I have played in a long time

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 04:34 PM

Yes!! \:\) in 3 generations I'll get my MP!! (if I'm not wrong)
Thanks a lot!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 04:44 PM

What does a nox orchid seed look like?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 04:52 PM

There's a seed catalog in the Plant Tycoon Guide that shows all of the seeds. The Nox Orchid is very easy to make if you saved seeds from your other Magic Plants and your starting plants. You need only cross a Rosaceae Fern and a Spotted Reptans to get the Nox Orchid. If you didn't save any of those seeds, the supply shop gets new seeds every day, and you might get lucky.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 11:39 PM

What plants do you need to get the Aureus Scandens and the Mela Rare Oak?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/03/07 11:55 PM

Look here.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 02:57 AM

thanks for everyones help

I finally got the nox orchid
I bought a blue star reptans from the store and a citrus retans and many others I already had.
so I combined a Blue star astera with a blue star grass and planted multiple Blue star orchids

bought some mutation gunk and hey presto ..one turned into a nox orchid

I have now all six plants

all I need now is the phone Number of a cheap therapist lol

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 06:53 PM

thankee for the info on what to breed to get a 4-petal maple ^_^ my main obstacle is I have a jalapa maranta and a citrus maranta...but the only ball cactus I currently have is a bluestar ball. Any advice on how to get a citrus ball cactus other than waiting the aggravating long amount of time it takes for the imported seeds to re-stock and hope for the luck of the draw?
Posted by: Funkiroller

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 07:04 PM

You can always mutate that bluestar. Save seeds from the bluestar though. It may take several tries, but it has been known to happen. Keep mutating down the list. Your bluestar will not turn into a citrus, but keep going down the list until one does. Hope you got alot of money. They are pretty far apart.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 07:53 PM

I wouldn't recommend using mutation unless you have also upgrade your soil. You may end up with a plant that won't survive at all.

There are other common seeds that will help you get to a Fourpetal Maple through the store, including getting that plant itself.

Do you have other common seeds saved?

If you don't want for the next day's seeds supply, you may want to consider starting a new game in another slot and being more careful about saving your common seeds.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 08:05 PM

Oh...I have the Isola soil *and* Isola water. But mutation...I've never messed with that. I was hoping for a solution to get the citrus ball cactus (and eventually the fourpetal maple) the old-fashioned way by simple breeding.

common seeds I have:

citrus maranta
jalapa maranta
bluestar ball cactus
jalapa maple
fabled maranta
citrus astera
fragrant astera
jalapa astera
citrus reptans
fourpetal reptans
bluestar reptans
rosaceae grass

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 08:09 PM

You won't be able to breed a Citrus Ball Cactus from the plants that you have. The only way to get one, without using Tier 4 plants, is to purchase it or mutate an existing plant to get it.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 08:15 PM

well, those are the common seeds I have...by tier four plants do you mean the more expensive ones? (I have rosacea fern, venus gladiatus, arthurium ananas, mystic bamboo, rosacea fanleaf, aureus ananas, nox ananas...) *didn't think naming every seed/plant she had would be polite ^^; *

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 08:31 PM

Tier 4 plants are special, rare plants that can't be bred from the seeds you start the game with. None of the Magic Plants are Tier 4. The only way to get Tier 4 plants is to buy the extinct seeds, mutate lower-tier plants, or breed them from other Tier 4s.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/04/07 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: margisama
Oh...I have the Isola soil *and* Isola water. But mutation...I've never messed with that. I was hoping for a solution to get the citrus ball cactus (and eventually the fourpetal maple) the old-fashioned way by simple breeding.

It would be easier to breed directly for the Fourpetal Maple without trying first for the Citrus Ball Cactus (if you had it, it would help, but it isn't necessary.)

If you had a Citrus Maple, it would also be a an easy one generation cross.

However, from Citrus Maranta & Bluestar Ball Cactus (the other plants you listed won't help in this case, sorry):

1. Citrus Maranta x Bluestar Ball Cactus = Fragrant Maple
  2. Frgrant Maranta x Bluestar Ball Cactus = Viola Pipe Cactus
  3. Viola Pipe Cactus x Bluestar Ball Cactus = Rosaceae Pear Cactus
  4. Rosaceae Pear Cactus x Viola Pipe Cactus = Viola Pear Cactus
  5. Viola Pear Cactus x Citrus Maranta = Fourpetal Maple

Posted by: pianoplayer

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/05/07 04:09 AM

People who visit the nursery want purple roses. How the heck do you get purple ones? I've crossed everything I can think of, but all I get are pink ones and blue ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What a great game! I've been playing over 600 hours and still only have a little over 300 of the plants! I may have to play forever to get them all! THANKS LDW!
Posted by: lucas

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/05/07 09:59 PM

I need the rare maple oak and the nox orchid but havent been able to find what right plants and my window shop does not give me new seeds to buy can u plaese help

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
NOTE: There is now a guide to breeding all of the Magic Plants in the Guides Section. You can use this thread if you need help making any other plant.

Although there are many excellent breeding guides available in this forum and the Plant Tycoon Guide Section, many people aren't able to use those for various reasons. To help people who can't use the guides, I'm starting this thread for people to use when they need help making a specific plant. Post the name of the plant you're looking for, and people can give you the help you need to make it.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/05/07 10:46 PM

Need help mekeing a spotted reptans to make a nox orchid also my window shop does not give me new pills to purches why. how can i sped up the time i also need help makeing the Mela rare Oak I tryed everything. These are my last two plants I need but can not figure out how to make them thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/05/07 10:48 PM

I know but I have not been able to figure that out my self so if u find out post it thanks just need the nox orchid and the mela rare oak cant seem to get it The purple roses thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/05/07 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: margisama
well, those are the common seeds I have...by tier four plants do you mean the more expensive ones? (I have rosacea fern, venus gladiatus, arthurium ananas, mystic bamboo, rosacea fanleaf, aureus ananas, nox ananas...) *didn't think naming every seed/plant she had would be polite ^^; *

Mutate an Arthurium and you might get Citrus.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/05/07 11:14 PM

Have you been buying seeds in the store?
Posted by: TNGardner

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/10/07 03:59 PM

Anyone have a Combo for the Spotted Repatans?

I tried over 60days worth of buying seeds from the supply shop and it never gives it to me. I already know this is a tier 1 and very common seed. (sigh) I just can't seem to get it. HElP! PLEASE!!!!
TN

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/10/07 04:10 PM

U can not make them, keep buying the small oval seeds not the gray-green oval ones.

Or try the mut liq on a Scandens or maybe something else.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/10/07 11:35 PM

I need help making these plants if any one can help please
ive tryed everything i can think of and i am just getting the same plants HELP HELP
1.painted astera
2.viola astera
3.arthurim astera
4.baccatus astera
5.lila astera
6.tahitian astera
7.venus astera

Can any one help may be also let me know what the seed looks like please help Thanks alot

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/10/07 11:44 PM

1. Spotted Reptans and Daisy Maranta - or- Spotted Astera and Daisy Astera

2. Jalapa Astera and Mystic or Rosaceae Astera - or - Jalapa Maranta and Mystic or Rosaceae Reptans

3-7 are Tier 4 flowers, and you will have to use Mutation Liquid or get lucky and find the seeds at the supply shop.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 12:25 AM

thank you but can u please let me know what plant on the 3-7 to use the mutation liquid thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 12:47 AM

Start with a Citrus Astera

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 05:27 AM

Thanks alot for the help I will try tmorrow hubby home.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 10:42 PM

how would u go about makeing a citrus astera can i cross bred something. I have been waiting for my comon seeds to resupply but i am not getting that one seed. so if i can bred it let me know thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 10:47 PM

If you have a Citrus Maranta and a Citrus Reptans, you can make a Citrus Astera.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 11:13 PM

Thanks so much for all your help and every one else thanks again lol

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/11/07 11:48 PM

see the citrus reptans i onlu got once and i used them all up i wait for my supply to restock but i dont get that one so what i am trying to say can i make it with two other plants maybe

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/12/07 12:03 AM

Citrus Fern and Citrus Grass. Whenever you get any of the hard-to-get species (Citrus Reptans, Citrus Ball Cactus, Spotted Reptans, and Spotted Ball Cactus), make sure that you make extra seeds and keep them. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/12/07 12:07 AM

i sure will why is it so hard to get them seeds any ways thanks for all your help i have been haveing a long day trying to figure out that one lol. thanks
Posted by: soraluna

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/07 08:34 AM

I can not get the citrus reptans.
have everything but the Aureus Scandens and without the citrus reptans, I cant get anywhere.
thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/07 12:53 PM

That's one of the species that cannot be bred from other species; it must come from seeds purchased from the supply shop or by mutating another plant. If you do decide to mutate (and hope for the best, since the results are somewhat random), you would have the best chance of success if you start with another species that's somewhat close to the Citrus Scandens, such as a Venomous, Mela, or even Fourpetal Scandens (or Grass, Orchid or Astera). The "farther away" your starting plant is from the Citrus Scandens, the less likely it is that you'll get the right mutations (and you may have to use a lot more Mutation Liquid to get what you want).
Posted by: computer3gold

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/07 10:24 PM

I need a Jalapa Maranta, Spotted Reptans, and a Spotted Maranta. Can any one help me? What does the seed look like? What can I breed to get them?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/07 10:59 PM

The Spotted Reptans is one of the species that can't be bred from other species. You will need to find the seed at the supply shop or use Mutation Liquid. There is a (spoiler) Seed Catalog in the Guides that will show you what seeds look like.

To get the Spotted Maranta cross a Spotted Astera and Spotted Maple. To get the Jalapa Maranta cross a Bluestar Astera and Fourpetal Maple.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/07 11:07 PM

Mutate a Tilia Reptans, Painted Reptans, Spotted Scandens, or Spotted Ridgeball to get a Spotted Reptans, but you probabl don't have those bcause they're rare plants, so you should try to buy one from the supplies.
Posted by: computer3gold

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 12:41 AM

How do you get a fourpetal Maple without using a Jalapa Maranta??

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 12:45 AM

Jalapa Ball Cactus x Citrus Maranta
Citrus Maple x Jalapa Maple
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Fourpetal Maranta
try one of those

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 08:07 PM

how do i make a fable lemonbush I started a new game but it seems that my 4petal maple & jalapa marants is not giving me the fragent maple it is giving me a fragrant lemon bush please help. asap

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 08:17 PM

That's because it's always going to give yo that. a 4petal and Jalapa make a Fragrant. You need a 4petal and Rosaceae or 4petal and Mystic, ok.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 08:47 PM

4petal which one the cactus or what i am getting upset lol please help which one one

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 08:59 PM

4petal maple with a rosaceae Maranta will do or even 4petal ball cactus with a Mystic Astera. But what have you got out?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:13 PM

Fabled Lemonbush:
Venomous Ball Cactus* x Bluestar Astera
Fourpetal Pipe Cactus** x Rosaceae Fern
Fragrant Maple*** x Jalapa Maranta

*Venomous Ball Cactus:
Citrus Ball Cactus x Fourpetal Ball Cactus

**Fourpetal Pipe Cactus:
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Fourpetal Maple
Citrus Ball Cactus x Jalapa Maple
Citrus Maple x Jalapa Ball Cactus

***Fragrant Maple:
Citrus Ball Cactus x Bluestar Maranta
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Jalapa Maranta

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:14 PM

okay how would i get a fragrant maple then that is what i am trying to ask please help asap thanks i cant remember how i did it the first game please help sos lol

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:14 PM

Fragrant Maple:
Citrus Maranta x Bluestar Ball Cactus
Fourpetal Maranta x Jalapa Ball Cactus

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:17 PM

i have a 4petal maple jalapa maranta no 4petal ball cactus

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:21 PM

Try 4petal Maple x Jalapa Maple or Citrus Maple x Bluestar maple, besides all of these, it's not possible with tier 1 plants

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
Fragrant Maple:

These will help with a Fragrant. But if you want the Fabled you need what I said. 4petal Maple and Rosa Maranta.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:26 PM

thanks alot i know you all are laughing at me i am laughing at my self lol any ways thanks alot now i am calm lol

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 09:38 PM

I'm not laughing at you, but with you. lol

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 10:01 PM

Fabled Lemonbush:
Venomous Ball Cactus* x Bluestar Astera
Fourpetal Pipe Cactus** x Rosaceae Fern
Fragrant Maple*** x Jalapa Maranta
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Rosaceae Astera****
Fourpetal Maple x Rosaceae Maranta*****
Fragrant Ball Cactus****** x Jalapa Astera

*Venomous Ball Cactus:
Citrus Ball Cactus x Fourpetal Ball Cactus

**Fourpetal Pipe Cactus:
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Fourpetal Maple
Citrus Ball Cactus x Jalapa Maple
Citrus Maple x Jalapa Ball Cactus

***Fragrant Maple:
Fourpetal Maple x Jalapa Maple
Citrus Maple x Bluestar Maple

****Rosaceae Astera:
Fourpetal Reptans x Spotted Maranta
Fourpetal Maranta x Spotted Reptans
Bluestar Astera x Jalapa Astera
Fourpetal Astera x Spotted Astera
Bluestar Maranta x Jalapa Reptans
Jalapa Maranta x Bluestar Reptans

*****Rosaceae Maranta:
Fourpetal Reptans x Spotted Ball Cactus
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Spotted Reptans
Bluestar Maranta x Jalapa Maranta
Fourpetal Maranta x Spotted Maranta
Bluestar Ball Cactus x Jalapa Reptans
Jalapa Ball Cactus x Bluestar Reptans

******Fragrant Ball Cactus:
Citrus Ball Cactus x Bluestar Ball Cactus
Fourpetal Ball Cactus x Jalapa Ball Cactus

This should help all of you

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/07 10:58 PM

that makes me feel better lol i am still laughing. But I already made the first magic plants on another game now i am starting another and i cant remember how i did the first plants anit that something lol.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 04:15 PM

hello any one out there is there any way i can make a 4petal ball cactus also just a ball cactus if so please help thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 04:26 PM

A Citrus Ball Cactus and Jalapa Ball Cactus will make a Fourpetal Ball Cactus.

Ball Catcus is a Tier 1 foliage that can only:

1. Be bought from the store
  2. Mutated from a Glaber (Tier 4) or Pear Cactus (Tier 3)
  3. crossing each of the Tier 4 plants with a particular Tier 1-3 Plant:
    1. glaber x pipe cactus
    2. tigerfern x rare oak
    3. pitcher x maple
    4. weeper x bamboo
    5. multiflora x lemonbush
    6. ridgeball x fanleaf

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 06:38 PM

thank you
Posted by: pianoplayer

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 07:36 PM

I've asked before and gotten no answer. I have pink roses and I have blue roses. People want PURPLE roses. I've crossbred over 300 plants and mutated many and still NO PURPLE! Could someone please, please tell me how to get my hands on that purple rose before I go NUTS? I've been playing almost 900 hours and STILL don't have it! Thanks in advance. What a great game!
Posted by: KimCarter

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 07:38 PM

i made a ball cactus but its a viola ball cactus and i need a citrus to make my golden plant Mela Rare Oak ...how do i make my ball cacti a citrus??

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 07:44 PM

pianoplayer, there is no flower in the game that will produce the purple rose, but a AtarahPern created a mod to replace the Tilia fruit with a purple rose:

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/15/07 07:50 PM

The Citrus Ball Cactus is one of those plants that is really easier to buy in the Supply store. See my post just a few earlier in this thread!

To cross breed your Viola Ball Cactus you'll need a Tier 1-3 foliage plant with a Tier 4 flower.
Posted by: Nae24

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/19/07 05:29 PM

How can I make a citrus ball cactus? I have spotted ball cactus (whit the yellow little flowers) but i can't make a citrus ball cactus! Help me please!!
Posted by: lp7p

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/19/07 05:54 PM

Nae24, there are several pollinations that will do that. The best thing for u to do is go to the Forum Guide for Plant Tycoon. Then go to the section called MAJOR SPOILERS-Plant Tycoon Breeding Charts.

In my opinion it is much more fun to keep trying until you discover it for yourself. I understand how you must feel but don't rush, I am surprised and excited when I'm not trying to make a specific plant, just trying to see what I'll get and get something totally unexpected.

Welcome to the forums, and remember if a topic says SPOILERS then you'll learn more than you probably want to know.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/19/07 06:04 PM

The Citrus Ball Cactus cannot be bred from other plants, unless you have purchased the right Extinct Seeds (expensive) from the supply store. There are several discussions about that plant, and here's a link to the longest one. In short, your best chance is to keep buying Ball Cactus seeds from the supply shop and hope you get a Citrus. \:\)
Posted by: lp7p

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/19/07 06:14 PM

Oops, here I am again trying to help someone. Thought I had that plant, went back through my data and I don't have it. Sorry Nae24, apologies LadyCFII.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/19/07 06:18 PM

No apologies necessary! You had some very good advice, but I just wanted to clarify what it would take to actually breed a Ball Cactus. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 12:02 AM

Ive been playing for well over a month..(had to restart once) and I am frustrated as all get out. I STILL only have 2 magic plants!
I tried the charts but they make no sense to me from the 'how to' listed here. ( IE hit clear all in step one does nothing) The red marks are not on the plant mentioned, and the pics are cropped so you cant tell what they are talking about.
Does the crosses on the chart tell you how to get a specific plant or what?
Anyways, I know the names of the magic plants..just can't seem to get the needed crosses.
One example, how to I get a rosacea fern?

ANY and ALL "specific" help is Greatly Appreciated !
Thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 12:54 AM

There is a step-by-step guide to making all 6 Magic Plants here.
Posted by: Crystal Ice

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 04:44 PM

Can anyone please help me make my first magic plant? Im a bit new to Plant tycoon and i just baught it today. Thanks.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 04:57 PM

Welcome! \:\) The 1st thing you can do is to read the PT Guide. There are many helpful stuffs!
Posted by: feuke

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 08:28 PM

Got al the flowers, now only crossbreed to make them in all the folliage.
But, i'm cross breeding and can't seem to get to the tilia flower.
How do you pollinate for that one? Or do you buy it in the shop?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 08:32 PM

It's not possible to breed a Tilia flower from other flower species. You will need to buy it from the supply shop or mutate other Tier 4 flowers to get it.
Posted by: feuke

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 08:38 PM

been trying mutation, but always get the wrong flower type, lol. Allready spent about 15.000 on mutation liquid.

Same for the ridgeball?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/20/07 08:52 PM

Yes, the ridgeball also needs to be initially bought from the store or mutated.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/22/07 02:20 AM

how can i make a

1. lilia astera
2. tilia astera
3. baccatus astera

I have all three like lilia tier 3 plants except the scandes
the baccatus i have every one except the orchid tier 3 and scandens

tilia i have all the tier 3 but the scandens

how can i make them as well if any one can help
also how would i make the galber for them as well

thanks if any one can help or direct me how to mutate them

also can any one tell me what is the tier 2 cactus i mean what does it look like i havent been able to mutate that one or buy it i forgot whos check off sheet i found it on thanks alot

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/22/07 04:28 AM

is any one out there ? This is Lucas okaqy someone please respond asap.
Posted by: Borg

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/22/07 07:26 AM

hi lucas,

later today when the link is updated, my Virtual Seed Tray program will be able to tell you exactly what you can and cannot breed, and tell you exactly how to do so, if that is what you would like to know.

The program only looks at what seeds you have in your seed tray (and in virtual seed tray storage if you have seeds there). It does not look at what plants you have. So to make the most of what you have, if you think any of your current plants will help you, self-pollinate them and put at least 1 seed if each in your seed tray.

I can't tell you exactly when the link will be updated but I would guess some time on Monday.

Cheers,
-Borg

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/22/07 03:47 PM

refrence To Borg

I will check it then where is the link thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/24/07 06:06 AM

What would be the best flower type to use with mutation liquid to get the spotted flower type and the tilia flower type?

Rose

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/24/07 01:14 PM

Painted for Spotted and Baccatus for Tilia. I've been told that using the Mutagen on a Tilia can produce a Spotted (and vice versa), but in games that I'm testing that I've already spent over $50000 on the fluid to try that and have not yet succeeded.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/24/07 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: april_rose
What would be the best flower type to use with mutation liquid to get the spotted flower type and the tilia flower type? -Rose

Yesterday I added pictures of all the flowers and foliage to VST (that version is available now).

Today I added mutation information to the chart - if you click on a plant in the chart, it now tells you what that plant can be mutated into or mutated from.

this version should be available later today or tomorrow.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/07 05:12 AM

What flowers would you suggest I use mutation liquid on to get painted flowers? I’m trying to get tier 4 spotted flowers and painted flowers. I’m having no luck in seed purchase. I had luck in getting tilia from baccatus today.

Thanks for the help.

Rose

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/07 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: april_rose
What flowers would you suggest I use mutation liquid on to get painted flowers? Thanks for the help. Rose

Hi Rose,

This is from the Chart from Virtual Seed Tray:

See how painted is surrounded by spotted on one side and daisy on the other? those are the two flowers that can be mutated into painted. In your case I am guessing daisy is what you will want to mutate since you mention you are trying to get both spotted and painted.

the above chart is from a new game with no seeds in it, so the chart looks empty and not very helpful from the picture above.

However, if you download the utility, you will find it is interactive and knows what seeds you have in your game. it will mark up the chart and show you what seeds you have and what you have bred already. you can click on the chart to find out about mutations and other information. if you turn off the option to hide spoilers it will even tell you what you can breed, how to breed them, which are the magic plants, etc. \:\) If you have any questions feel free to ask \:\)

also the utility will now water your plants and put soil in your pots for you. and there is a nice set of pictures of the flowers and the foliage.

if you download the program and want to go straight to the chart you can click "tools" up at the top, then click "chart."

if you want to see "spoiler" information, such as what plants you can breed and how to breed them, click "options" then click "hide spoilers" (to remove checkmark) and click "hide magic plant identities" (to remove checkmark). then if you click on "tools" and pick "chart" your chart will include all that information as well.

if you are only using the chart from virtual seed tray, it is safe to run virtual seed tray and plant tycoon at the same time. I would suggest running plant tycoon in windowed rather than full screen mode so you can switch back and forth more easily (to change plant tycoon from full screen to windowed mode, from the main page click options and then pick the windowed radio button which will unpick the full screen radio button next to it.)

if you decide to use the seed storing feature of virtual seed tray, be sure you have completely exited plant tycoon.

so far, virtual seed tray is only available for PCs, so if you are using a mac I apologize.

Cheers,
-Borg

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. )

Posted by: liral

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/26/07 01:09 PM

The pipe cactus can be purchased on the second tier of seeds. The seeds are red, but look everyday since they change daily. My problem is that I have lots of seed varaitions, but they don't seem to be healthy even though i have the second level of soil and water. Do you have to buy the best soil and water to get the plants to be healthy?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/26/07 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: liral
The pipe cactus ...don't seem to be healthy even though i have the second level of soil and water. Do you have to buy the best soil and water to get the plants to be healthy?
it depends on the flower of your pipe cactus and if you are running the game in easy/normal/hard mode (on options screen). if you have a tier 3 flower on your tier 2 pipe cactus it might not do too well on the normal (or even the easy?) setting.

Re:Borg - 10/29/07 11:32 PM

Hi I have used the VST but I don't understand how it work for taking of the folige. I tryed it but it didnt look like it mutate it Please help or explain it to me

Re:Borg - 10/29/07 11:39 PM

It doesn't mutate plants - only Mutation Liquid does that - but it tells you what you can get when you mutate a specific plant. \:\)

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 12:05 AM

How does it tell you I mean where in the game or the seed tray I dont understand thanks

Re:Mutations - 10/30/07 12:09 AM

The Virtual Seed Tray program (Enhanced Version) must be running (and Plant Tycoon must not be running). Click on Tools, then Chart. On the chart, click on a place on the grid that represents the plant you want to mutate to or from. For example, if you click on the very upper-left square, you'll see the information for a Spotted Reptans. Look at the screen shot in this post, and you'll see where it tells you what you could get if you want to use the Mutation Liquid (look in the area that's circled - in this case it's a Lilia Astera).

Re:Mutations - 10/30/07 12:19 AM

Thanks Alot I understand now

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/30/07 03:18 AM

Can you make a dasiy grass plant? If so please let me know ... i have tried everything i know to do.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/30/07 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: KimCarter
Can you make a dasiy grass plant? If so please let me know ... i have tried everything i know to do.
if you run the spoiler version of Virtual Seed Tray, on the chart page it will tell you all the plants you can breed from the seeds you have. If you click on daisy grass, it will tell you not only if you can breed it from the seeds you currently have, but it will tell you exactly how to breed it.

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. )

Note from LadyCFII: If you've never used the Virtual Seed Tray, you should read the instructions in the first part of that thread, which aren't spoilers. You will see a warning when you get to the spoiler portion, and then you can scroll down to the attachment if you want to avoid the spoiler information. \:\)
Posted by: kaiser

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 06:00 AM

You click it in shop and it comes up (the information)

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 02:58 PM

Well i tried it in the VST and i could not figure out how to do it. I have the newest version as well.

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 03:02 PM

ok i tried again and it tells me i havent bred the plant yet. so now what? I was clicking the wrong place the first 10 times i tried i guess.

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 03:15 PM

Even if you haven't bred the plant yet, you can still see breeding and mutation information. If you want to see the breeding information, you have to uncheck the option to hide spoilers.

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 03:34 PM

I did but it still isnt giving it to me for the one i need. I can see it some others though. just my luck lol.

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 03:59 PM

The VST only shows you how to breed plants that you can actually produce from the seeds that you have. Are you trying to see breeding information for plants that are in the white cells?

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 04:08 PM

yes i was. since i didnt have it it isnt showing me i guess. I have it on my other name in PT *playing two games* and it says i have already bred th epant but not showing me how i bred it. I also made sure i had unchecked the option to hide spoilers.

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 04:18 PM

That's because the VST only shows you breeding information for plants that you can actually make with the seeds you have in the game. There is no point in displaying breeding information for a plant that you cannot make. The white squares are plants that you can't make in that game, unless you obtain new seeds.

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 06:39 PM

ok i was thinking the same thing. thanks!~

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: KimCarter
I did but it still isnt giving it to me for the one i need. I can see it some others though. just my luck lol.

what you need to do is either:
1. mutate something you do have into something that you can use to make that plant with, or
2. buy a seed from the store that you can use to make the plant with.

to figure out what you need to make something, it helps to understand how breeding works. the child plant you get when you breed two parent plants can be found halfway along a line drawn between the two parent plants on the chart.

This Post does a pretty good job explaining how that works. (If you find that the halfway point on your line falls between two plants, pick the plant that is more to the right and the bottom.)

Cheers,
-Borg

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 10:05 PM

Can any one help me make a Tahitian Lemonbush Ans also a Tahitian Tiger Fern Thanks asap

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: lucas
Can any one help me make a Tahitian Lemonbush Ans also a Tahitian Tiger Fern Thanks asap
can you post a picture of your chart from VST, so i can see what seeds you have? \:\) that way i can give you better advice \:\)

to do this, press PrtScrn to take a screen shot, go to MS Paint and Edit->Paste to paste the image there, then do File->Save As and save it in your My Documents/My Pictures directory (name it anything you like, such as 'myChart'). Then, go to http://www.photobucket.com, create a new account, go to My Album, click upload, click browse, click on the file you created 'myChart', click upload, and when it is done uploading (takes a few seconds) copy the bottom line that starts with the [IMG] tag in it. then paste that to a reply here. and yes, someone should find a way to make this process easier. \:\)

Cheers,
Borg

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 10:38 PM

Yes but it might take me a minute have to go get kids from school okay

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 10:43 PM

Yes but it might take me a minute have to go get kids from school
no worries, i'll wait for you to get back. i have time. \:\)

Cheers,
-Borg

PS Pick me up a chilicheese dog on the way back \:\)

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 11:02 PM

What is PRTSCRN Sure I just got back

Re:Borg - 10/30/07 11:39 PM

PrtScrn is a button on your keyboard. On my keyboard it is between the F12 key and the scroll lock.

Re:Borg - 10/31/07 12:11 AM

okay got you

Re:Borg - 10/31/07 12:19 AM

it didnt work do i point at it or what I pressed the button mine has
Print
Scrn
----
SysRq

is that the right button

Re:Borg - 10/31/07 12:43 AM

Read this. It might be alt or shift or ctrl PrntScreen.
Posted by: Melvin

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 12:43 AM

GREAT! fianlly i realize i have one right plant, but any ideas how i can make a fragrant maple from a fourpetal maple or jalapa maple? (note: trying to get fable lemonbush)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 12:47 AM

Cross the Fourpetal and the Jalapa to get Fragrant.

Re:Borg - 10/31/07 12:48 AM

Thanks will try it but right now i have to make dinner kidshome hubby on the way home he would be mad if i just aintgot dinner cooked so may 2 morrow or tonight ill get back on okay and may be u can help me lol
Posted by: Melvin

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 12:48 AM

oook thanks a bunch! (*need easy button*)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Melvin
GREAT! fianlly i realize i have one right plant, but any ideas how i can make a fragrant maple from a fourpetal maple or jalapa maple? (note: trying to get fable lemonbush)
If you download VST it will give you breeding information. Here is a screenshot:

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, read the non-spoiler information at the top, and keep reading until you reach a point that warns you of spoilers. then scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program.)

Cheers,
-Borg

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 06:41 AM

Ref Borg I think I did it right so let me know if u can help lucas

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 07:01 AM

IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/mammalucas/SEEdsIdohave.jpg[/IMG]

Or is this what u are talking about lol sorry about that

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 07:14 AM

Ref Borg I think I did it right so let me know if u can help lucas
Wow, I am impressed, Lucas \:\)

OK, now that you know how to post screen shots (congratulations again!), go to options and set your options as follows:

After you have set all the check marks as indicated, go to tools and click chart:

That will open a new window with an interactive chart that shows all your seeds and what you can breed and so forth. Take a screenshot of that chart and post that here \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 04:51 PM

Ref. Borg

My VST keeps frezzing when I go to uncheck sort in breeding chart order so this might take me a few okay lucas

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 04:53 PM

ok leave the sort alone then \:\) it will work sorting either way \:\) (very strange that it freezes though. do you have a lot of seeds for it to resort?)
Posted by: Novinha

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 05:41 PM

Just wanted to thank you Borg for the VST. You have made my life a lot easier!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 05:41 PM

Yes I have alot of seds maybe that is why it is doing it you think

Re: Borg [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/31/07 05:51 PM

Ref Borg
here it is hope u can hel thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/01/07 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Novinha
Just wanted to thank you Borg for the VST. You have made my life a lot easier!!
You are very welcome! \:\) Glad you like it! \:\)

I would like to thank LadyCFII, the beta-testers, and all the people who PMed me with thoughts, for pointing me in the right direction when I needed pointing, helping find the errors, and suggesting the ideas that are now features. \:\)

Re:Borg - 11/01/07 12:49 AM

Can any one help me make a Tahitian Lemonbush and also a Tahitian Tiger Fern? Thanks

Dear Lucas,

Your VST chart can answer that question for you. Click on the cells I highlighted above (the Tahitian Lemonbush and the Tahitian Tigerfern) and let us know what it says \:\)

Cheers,
-Borg

Re:Borg - 11/01/07 05:37 AM

It says Lilia Pear Cact. * Arthurim Weeper
okay thanks the other one i got dont know how but i did
also when it has three diffrent cross breeding how do i do that one like if it says this
Tahitian Bamboo * mela rept. * lilia pitcher = Tahitain lemonbush

does it mean you do the first two then what ever that is then u breed it with the last one to get what u are looking for right

but it didnt work for me the first time maybe i did it wrong thanks let me know

Re:Borg - 11/01/07 12:49 PM

look at the brackets and do the innermost bracketed crossbreed first. I wrote a post on innermost brackets somewhere.

The basic idea is if you have
[[Plant A] x [Plant B]] x [Plant C]
do AxB first.

If you have
[Plant A] x [[Plant B] x [Plant C]]
do BxC first.

Re:Borg - 11/01/07 03:54 PM

Thanks alot

Re: Borg - 11/03/07 01:50 AM

Hi this is Lucas I wanted to know where I can download the VST
For some reason all my games is gone I was on my last plant and then I came back to check but nothing. Any ways the upgrade VST please direct me thanks to start all over

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/03/07 01:57 AM

Check the PT guides section

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/03/07 02:09 AM

Thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/03/07 06:40 PM

This is a pic of my chart to day. I'm in a good way to find a lot of plants but I feel stuck because of the white dots! Do you know how I may colour them, at least in yellow!

PS: thanks again Borg for that tool!! \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/03/07 07:07 PM

You will need to obtain seeds that are closer to the "white" corners in order to fill in more cells with yellow. To get the ones at the top of the chart, the best seed would be a Spotted Ridgeball. For the ones at the bottom, a Tilia Reptans would be perfect! (But any seed closer to the corners would help, at least a little bit.) \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/03/07 08:02 PM

sell a lot of expensive plants to afford a lot of mutation liquid and mutate the seeds you have into the seeds you need. your painted multiflora is a great candidate for mutation. do some self pollinating first so you have lots of painted multifloras in case your first few mutations go left or down instead of right or up.
Posted by: pictishgirl

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/03/07 11:53 PM

Borg, thanks for the wonderful tools, especially the Constant Gardener. I, too have arthritis and all that watering was a pain (literally).

I'm wondering if the foliage picture and flower picture that are VST tools are somewhere here in a form that could be printed? I can't print or save the image that is on the screen in VST.

thanks,
pictishgirl

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/04/07 12:36 AM

Pictishgirl, I have foliage/flowers hosted on my site. \:\)
Flowers Foliage
Right-click on the images and save them. I think you know how to print them. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/04/07 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: pictishgirl
Borg, thanks for the wonderful tools, especially the Constant Gardener. I, too have arthritis and all that watering was a pain (literally).
Thank you for the kind words \:\) I am glad you found them helpful!
Originally Posted By: pictishgirl
I'm wondering if the foliage picture and flower picture that are VST tools are somewhere here in a form that could be printed? I can't print or save the image that is on the screen in VST.thanks,pictishgirl
Charley's images are very good. I don't think my images are posted anywhere here. I will add a print button to those pages in the program so you can print them. It is easy to do, but at the moment my fingers are stiff. So it may be a little while, but it will happen. \:\)

Cheers,
Borg
Posted by: pictishgirl

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/04/07 01:41 AM

Thank you both very much!

pictishgirl

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/04/07 07:47 AM

Thanks a lot LadyCFII and Borg! I'll try Mutation and Breeding! \:\)

Re:Borg - 11/06/07 10:18 PM

Hi! I'm trying to get a ridgeball (anyone) and I can't get it.
How can I breed the ridgeball or should I bought it?

Re:Borg - 11/06/07 10:37 PM

ridgeballs can only be bred from other ridgeballs.

try mutating a multiflora, you have a 50/50 chance it will mutate into a ridgeball (or a weeper); or if you get lucky and see one in the store, buy the ridgeball from the store.

If you have VST, it gives lots of breeding and mutation advice on the chart page.

Click HERE to download the latest version of Virtual Seed Tray for Plant Tycoon (warning: This link takes you to a note that has spoilers in it. To download the program without reading the spoilers, read the non-spoiler information at the top, and keep reading until you reach a point that warns you of spoilers. then scroll down quickly to the bottom of the note while looking at your shoes. \:\) At the bottom of that page you will find the link to download the program. \:\)

Re:Borg - 11/06/07 10:39 PM

Sorry Borg, not exactly true, if you mutate a multiflora, you have a 1 out of 4 chance of getting a ridgeball. I did the following. Mutate Citrus Reptans twice to get Arthurium Glaber, hopefully, keep going ot get Tillia Ridgeball, hopefully.

Re:Borg - 11/06/07 10:45 PM

actually, for a spotted multiflora or a tilia multiflora it is 1/3 \:\)

what i was trying to say (and not very clearly \:\) ) was if you "mutate a multiflora", meaning a "xxx multiflora" to a "xxx yyy", the chance of yyy being ridgeball is 50/50.

if you use the save/restore game (see plant tycoon guide for how this is done) you can increase your odds of mutating the plant to what you want from 25% to 100% \:\)

Re:Borg - 11/06/07 10:47 PM

no, yyy will 1/4 of the time be a ridgeball, 1/4 of the tim be a weeper, and 1/2 of the time stay a multiflora, but the spotted and tillia is true.

EDIT: Wait, read that wrong, never mind. All I can say is, mutate a multiflora
Posted by: matthew_lover

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/10/07 12:33 PM

How do you become a baccatus and a tilia?
Posted by: IR3N3

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/10/07 04:12 PM

wow!!thanks everyone for the cross breeding tips. i have been trying to get the last magic plant for so long. =}

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/10/07 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: matthew_lover
How do you become a baccatus and a tilia?
To have a baccatus you may mutate a lila, and then mutate the baccatus to have a tilia.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/11/07 08:40 AM

do i have to mutate the lilia with something special?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/11/07 01:15 PM

Yes, the Mutation Liquid from the Supply Shop. \:\)
Posted by: UnlawfulAccess

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/12/07 10:35 AM

How do i get the magic plants if i've either used, discarded, sold the original seeds and i do not wish to start over?
Posted by: PlantPat

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/12/07 12:16 PM

Wait to buy more seeds or cross pollinate and save up seeds of those you do have to eventually collect the right plants to do the MP's - Sometimes it is just simpler to start over though. I started the game maybe 5 or 6 times untill I knew enough to finally open a game and really play it!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/12/07 12:58 PM

i'm really confused, i forget what i've crossed with what and how o do it again, i got the rose fern quite by accident and it wasnt until then that i realised what i was supposed to do...

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/12/07 01:18 PM

In order to keep track of how to produce the plants, most people keep some sort of records. However, there are quite a few breeding references and utilities in the Plant Tycoon Guides that people have created and submitted to us that you might find helpful. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/12/07 01:23 PM

utilities?

Like electric, water and gas? LOL

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/12/07 01:38 PM

In the computer world, utilities are small programs that perform specific tasks. \:\)
Posted by: Mishe

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/14/07 11:51 PM

I bought PT a couple of weeks ago, and the only guide I looked at was the one for the Magic Plants. I like the challenge of figuring things out, and accidentally coming up with solutions! I have to say, I thought I had gotten myself hooked on an extremely complicated game when I saw the posts about charts, graphs and virtual items. But, today I did two things I didn't think were possible, forgive me if this is old news, as I said, I didn't use the spoilers much. I created the last mp I needed by accidentally crossbreeding a Blazing Fern and a Arthurium Tigerfern, which gave me a Venomous Maple, then I crossed the VM with a Citrus Rare Oak, which gave me the Mela Rare Oak.I never had a citrus ball cactus, and thought I read that it could not be created, but later today I crossed a Fabled Lemonbush and a Tillia Multiflora and got a Citrus Ball cactus!!!! I got the components of all the MP's pretty much accidentally!! So, now i can relax about using all my seeds and just see what I create! Fun game!!!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/15/07 12:11 AM

Congratulations! You've discovered the interesting breeding possibilities that the Tier 4 plants provide. The Citrus Ball Cactus is not required once you have Tier 4 plants available. \:\)
Posted by: RuthieJo

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/15/07 12:29 AM

I got the nox orchid by buying an extinct seed.

RuthieJo

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/16/07 12:36 PM

how do you get a daisy?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/16/07 12:38 PM

Cross a Spotted and Bluestar. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/16/07 01:52 PM

^thanks!
Posted by: mary4jokes

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/17/07 01:56 AM

i read ten pages before i gave up looking for my question and decided to just post it, sorry if it is a repeat, can anybody tell me what i need to make a citrus ball cactus? the 4 tier guide i found starts with that and i have none and no seeds to make it, so it won't tell me what seeds to look for or can somebody direct me to the guide that has all the plants instead of just the 4 tiers? thank you for your help and patience i know these answers probably are posted somewhere else

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/17/07 02:05 AM

You can find information about the Citrus Ball Cactus in this thread. \:\)

By the way, the easiest way to find something in the forums is to click the Advanced button under the search window at the left side of the forums and change the date range to a longer time (depending upon the game that you're looking for help with). For example, try typing "Citrus Ball Cactus" (with the quotation marks) in the Keyword Search Terms window, and change the date range to 3 months. You'll find lots of answers!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/17/07 02:22 AM

mary4jokes,
It's hard to make one. I suggest trying to buy one. Cross-pollinating to get one requires tier 4s. I suggest trying to buy it, or if u have a mela pear cactus, use the same strategy as I used in the tier 4 guide to try to get a citrus ball cactus.
Posted by: mary4jokes

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/17/07 03:24 AM

thanks i will try both of your suggestions appreciate the help

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/17/07 02:24 PM

This might be useful: If you see a seed that looks like this: you have a 1/5 chance of it being a citrus ball cactus

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/20/07 10:18 AM

how do you get spotted reptans?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/20/07 11:59 AM

You can't have the spotted reptans by cross-breeding! You only can have it in buying it or mutating a painted reptans or a spotted scandens, witch are difficult to obtain!! \:\/

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 11:15 AM

Originally Posted By: matthew_lover
how do you get spotted reptans?

and what does it look like? i thought i saw a guide as to what looks like what but i cant find it now \:\(

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 11:26 AM

this is a spotted reptans:

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 11:30 AM

is there a guide as to what each plant looks like?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 11:37 AM

what does a Fourpetal Reptans look like?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 11:45 AM

there is the borg's charts that Jazzo has converted in pdf format:
Borg's charts in PDF

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 12:36 PM

How do i get a nox orchid from a tilia orchid i got from an extinct seed i bought?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 01:01 PM

you may have it in several step.
1- try to have a fourpetal or a blazing
2- try to have a rosaceae
and then you may have a nox

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 06:01 PM

How can I make a spotted reptans? Please help me!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/22/07 07:34 PM

A Spotted Reptans cannot be bred from other plants. The cheapest way to obtain one is to buy one from the Supply Shop, since mutating plants is expensive and requires a lot of luck.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/23/07 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Nae24
How can I make a spotted reptans? Please help me!

As LadyCFII said, u should try to buy one. If you see a seed that looks like this:

Buy it. It will be a reptans, and 1 out of 5 times, it will be a spotted reptans. But, even if it isn't, at least it's a reptans.
Posted by: RaeK

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/24/07 10:45 PM

Is there a picture of each seed NAME somewhere along WITH its picture? I have been playing ovdr 200hrs. but cannot get a couple of the Magic Plants. HE!P!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/24/07 10:47 PM

There is a seed catalog with pictures in the Plant Tycoon guide that sfrose contributed. Depending upon your forum settings, it might be on page 2 of the guide.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/25/07 12:46 AM

However, two different plants can have the same seed. The seed will only tell you the foliage and the tier. Therefore, multiple plants may have the exact same seed.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/25/07 12:19 PM

Grrr i can get a nox lemonbush but not a nox orchid.. why is that?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/25/07 12:26 PM

with your lemonbush you may try to get a gladiatus or fern and then an orchid.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/26/07 09:50 PM

Hi! Can you tell me how to make a Tilia? Is the only flower that I don't have, please help me!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/26/07 10:05 PM

The only way to get a Tilia is by mutating a Baccatus (and hoping that the mutation gives you what you want, since the mutation liquid will mutate either the flower or foliage in one of two possible directions) or by purchasing Extinct Seeds from the supply shop and hoping to get a Tilia flower.
Posted by: akgranny1954

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/26/07 10:11 PM

Please help I need a Fragrant maple, can I cross other maples to do that, I have the following maples, blue star, Jalapa, spotted, and citrus

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/26/07 10:18 PM

Cross a Citrus and Jalapa to get a Fourpetal, then cross that with a Jalapa. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/29/07 09:49 PM

Hi! Thanks a lot for your previous help.
I need to make multiflora and ridgeball for complete my _bug_ collection, can you help me?
Thanks again!!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/29/07 10:28 PM

Ridgeballs can be obtained only by purchasing the the right Extinct seeds from the supply shop or by mutating a Multiflora. A Multiflora can be obtained by purchasing a specific type of Extinct seed, by mutating a Weeper or Ridgeball, or by crossing a Weeper and a Ridgeball. Those are all Tier 4 plants, which can't be bred from the starting seeds, so you're going to need to purchase seeds or mutate plants to get them. To see what each seed looks like, there's a Seed Catalog in the Guides section.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/29/07 10:56 PM

Hi LadyCGII! Thanks a lot for your help.
I have a little problem: I can't buy a multiflora or ridgeball 'cause they don't apear in my supplies.
So, how can I make a weeper? Or I should wait?
Thanks!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/29/07 11:03 PM

Check out my tier 4 guide here which should help u make those plants
Posted by: marjon

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 05:15 PM

GAAWD..I cant seem to get spotted grass or bluestar astera!!! I am trying to get final magic plant..Nox Orchid...help before I pull all my hair out?? The blue star rep aludes me also...I have bought, crossed, mutated..til I'M the only one blue! Hahahahahaa!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 06:57 PM

An easier way to make the Nox Orchid, since you have the Rosaceae Fern, is to cross the Rosaceae Fern with a Spotted Reptans. \:\)

To make a Bluestar, you need to cross a Spotted with a Jalapa. \:\)
Posted by: marjon

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 07:09 PM

Thats the problemo*...I keep buying common to get spotted rep...and get every other kind BUT! AAARRRGH! But will keep trying..ty, so much for ALL your info..will contact you before the men in white coats takes me away...*grins*

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 07:12 PM

Yeah, it's a lot more difficult to produce some of the species without having a Spotted Reptans. \:\(

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 07:24 PM

Spotted Reptans is the single hardest specie to produce.
Based on what I've heard, I can't find any solutions. Tell me if any of these will work for you.
Bluestar Reptans x Spotted Astera will make daisy grass. Daisy Grass x Bluestar Astera will make a nox orchid.
Bluestar astera can be made by Spotted Grass x Jalapa Fern or Spotted Fern x Jalapa Grass
Daisy Grass x Bluestar Astera will produce a Nox Orchid
Also tell me the following:
Which spotted plants do u have
Which bluestar plants do you have
What level soil do you have
How much money do you have
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 10:00 PM

Yeah, it's a lot more difficult to produce some of the species without having a Spotted Reptans. \:\(

yep, the spotted reptans is very important, i think \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/16/07 11:42 PM

Take this segment of a list:

Spotted Reptans
Painted Scandens
Daisy Grass
Nox Orchid
Bluestar Astera

(Spotted is always at the top of this list the rule is, you can make things that are lower than a selected plant, but not higher. Since Spotted Reptans is the top, it requires itself to make and is useful because it can make anything below it, get it?)
Posted by: mrsb03

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/18/07 02:30 AM

how do you make the purple rose ??

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/18/07 02:44 AM

It's not used in the game, although AtarahPern made a graphical modification that will allow you to breed it. This portion of the Plant Tycoon Guide contains the mod and instructions for installing it.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/18/07 03:11 AM

DW also has a series of mods, one o which changes Rosaceae to the purple rose
Posted by: DOG8IT

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/08/08 01:46 AM

Help: I have searched through this thread, I am completely stuck and I cannot mutate the tilia plan; I have all the baccatus and lower tier plants with the exception of some spotted, and painted plants (I have found 455 plants).
Problem with mutation: tried mutating the baccatus and arthurium plants and spent $20K and still no tilia

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/08/08 01:55 AM

The best chance you have of getting a Tilia is by mutating a Baccatus, but even then you may end up changing the foliage instead of the flower, or you may get a Lilia instead of a Tilia. With each mutation there is only a 25% chance of getting what you want. The best thing to do is to plant your greenhouse full of Baccatus and mutate each plant once until you get Tilia.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/08/08 01:58 AM

yep VST is full of baccatus seeds; now selling the fabled lemonbush to generate more cash. I had tried mutating each plant 4 times as the VST chart lists four possible mutates (to and from) but I end up with everything but tilia and it is changing the foilage as well - and I have been watching for the rare seeds but I keep getting ananas, orchid and scandens in the bottom box. (every day)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/08/08 03:10 AM

The best chance you have of getting a Tilia is by mutating a Baccatus, but even then you may end up changing the foliage instead of the flower, or you may get a Lilia instead of a Tilia. With each mutation there is only a 25% chance of getting what you want. The best thing to do is to plant your greenhouse full of Baccatus and mutate each plant once until you get Tilia.

It worked Woot! Have just mutated and reproduced 6 of the tilia plants. Now I can get some sleep so I don't lay awake pondering a solution. thanx a bunch
Posted by: Houjun

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/18/08 10:35 PM

I haven't found this question yet so if this is a repeat, I apologize.

How can one produce a Bluestar Scandens?

Thanks in advance! \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/18/08 10:41 PM

Spotted and Jalapa make Bluestar, and Reptans and Grass make Scandens. \:\)
Posted by: Houjun

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 01/19/08 12:52 AM

Thank you kindly LadyCFII! You're awesome!
Posted by: scmr1967

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 04/16/08 04:47 PM

how do i make a spotted ridgeball

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 04/16/08 05:48 PM

You can't breed a Spotted Ridgeball from other species. It must either be purchased from the Supply Shop or mutated from other species. The Plant Tycoon Guide section has several references that will help you with mutations.
Posted by: scmr1967

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/02/08 06:42 PM

Does ridgeball ever mutate into reptans and vice versa? does spotted mutates into tilia and vice versa? i have got tilia ridgeball and spotted reptans and i can't get spotted ridgeball and tilia reptans inspite of mutating it hundred times

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/02/08 06:57 PM

No! \:\( Ridgeball can't be mutate into reptans and vice versa! And it's the same for the flowers: spotted can't be mutate into tilia and vice versa!

to have a tilia, you must mutate a baccatus
to have a spotted, you must mutate a painted
to have a reptans, you must mutate a scandens
to have a ridgeball, you must mutate amultiflora

to have a spotted reptans... you can't do anything except be patient and wait for a seed in the supplies!! \:\/
Posted by: Faeron

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/03/08 01:25 AM

I'm sure that someone already has made this observation...but I was so excited when this happened. So I made a mistake and deleted my player (that had $10000 IDol., all of the gold level and 4 of the magic plants) so i started over. within the first hour (i did adjust my computer clock a good bit) i found 2 magic plants...the first was the rose of joy....then the second was...drum roll please......the FABLED LEMONBUSH! i made it from crossing a japla ball cactus and a fragrant astera! hope this helps n e one in need of $$$ID.
Posted by: GMD

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/26/08 10:12 PM

I need to figure out how to make a four petal reptans so I can cross it with my venomous grass.

Meantime I am waiting patiently for a spotted reptans to show up so I can buy the seed to cross with my rosaceae fern.

Once I make that four petal reptans. I will be able to complete my magic plants. Anyone collect all the bugs or have a list of the bugs in the collection?
And is it just me or is getting the Nox ORchid a pain.. lol.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/26/08 11:07 PM

GMD, there are bugs catching lists and a picture of the completed bugs area here. \:\)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/26/08 11:23 PM

Thanks...!! Now on to the last two magic plants...

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/27/08 08:36 PM

I need to make a jalapa maranta and a citrus reptans... I forgot.... I accidently sold my stock. darn it.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/27/08 10:21 PM

To get the Jalapa Maranta cross a Bluestar Astera and Fourpetal Maple.

For the Citrus Reptans, look here.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/28/08 01:33 AM

So along the same lines it takes a jalapa maranta and a spotted reptans to get bluestar astera? so If I need a bluestar aster to make the jalapa maranta how am I to make the blue star aster without the maranta? I got this off the magickal plant thread.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/28/08 01:37 AM

Spotted + Jalapa is the only way to make bluestar with the starting plants, but you can make jalapa with Spotted + Citrus.

I should add this:

Reptans + Maranta is the only way to make an astera with the starting plants, but you can make a maranta with reptans + ball cactus.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/28/08 03:58 AM

Funny... I ended up with a Bluestar Astera with no idea how I got it.. hehe. When I figure it I will post it.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 05/28/08 08:44 PM

lol, cool. There are many ways to get certain plants, such as a bluestar astera, but many of the ways require plants that are not easy to get.
Posted by: Chris_B

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/06/08 12:46 PM

I haven't read through all the 30+ pages of this thread so I don't know if this has been asked before. Right now I'm on page one trying to figure out if I can make a nox orchid. \:\)

How do you get an arthurium and a venus flower? I'm having trouble getting tier four seeds and am very confused to what the system is. I have one game where I breed left and right and mutate when I can afford it just for the fun of it and another where I do everything very methodically and record my findings so I still don't have a great knowledge of how the breeding works.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/06/08 05:04 PM

For the nox orchid, if you look at the PT Guide, Jazzo and Charley have done some really good guides. \:\)
To have a tier 4 plant, you may mutate a citrus to have an Arthurium, and a ball cactus to have a Glaber.
But also, don't forget to keep an eye on the seeds that are in the supplies! ;\)
Posted by: Diversity

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/07/08 01:18 PM

My head is whirling from all the possibilty charts -
think I will just keep playing with the plants and have fun and along the way when I find a magic one it will be a sweet surprise!
LOL
:-)
Posted by: Rachel72

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/24/08 09:01 PM

I need to make a Four-Petal Reptan.... I am attempting to make the Aureus Scandens. I have a Venomous Grass.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/24/08 09:42 PM

Crossing a Jalapa Reptans with a Citrus Reptans will produce the Four-Petal Reptans that you need.
Posted by: Rachel72

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/24/08 10:27 PM

Thank You Barbara
Posted by: bestgrams

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/30/08 01:56 AM

I need to find out how to make the Golden Berries of Wealth.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/30/08 04:05 AM

That's an Aureus Scandens. To see some combinations, you can look here, or for a step-by-step guide, look here.
Posted by: LisaMChatt

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 07/08/08 03:34 AM

Golden Berries of Wealth
Aureus Scandens
These magical berries cause customers in your nursery to more eagerly spend money ... not just on this plant, but on all plants. This effect is auto-matic and permanent.

To make cross a Fourpetal Reptans and Venomous Grass
Posted by: Minni Jade

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 07/24/08 02:12 PM

You have to purchase or mutate one of these last six flowers
arthurium
venus
tahitian
lilia
baccatus
tilia

Tilia has to be purchased or mutated, there is no way to do it otherwise. It is similar to spotted. And, in the plants Ridgeball is similar to reptans.

The same with these last six plants.

glaber
tigerfern
pitcher
weeper
multiflora
ridgeball
Posted by: JohnCAlexander

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/20/08 11:54 PM

it is realy fun and creative but for more information,go to http://www.planttycoon.info

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 09/21/08 02:43 AM

A lot of the information in that site was taken without permission from this site. \:\(

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/08 10:10 PM

I'm trying to get a ridgeball using the mutation liquid starting since the citrus ball cactus, help me please! i'm stuck in the arthurium gabler!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/01/08 10:33 PM

It will take a lot of mutation liquid and luck to get all the way from a Ball Cactus to a Ridgeball. You might be better off watching for some Tier 4 seeds in the Supplies Shop to work with.
Posted by: JohnCAlexander

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/17/08 11:20 PM

I need help to make a citurus oak!!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/18/08 12:03 AM

To make a Citrus Rare Oak, you can use the following pairs of plants:

Citrus Maple and a Citrus Pipe Cactus
Citrus Ball Cactus and a Citrus Lemonbush
Citrus Bamboo and a Citrus Pear Cactus
Posted by: MariaWB

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 01:10 AM

I'd love for someone to tell me how to make:

1. Venemous Fanleaf
2. Daisy Lemonbush
3. Fragrant Pipe Cactus

I know there are guides, but I just can't figure out the spreadsheet even with the help posted =S I get how it's supposed to work, but it confuses me that the spreadsheet is divided into four parts and, urgh, I'm just not that technical right now, I'm too stressed to figure it out =(

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 01:21 AM

The following combinations use the lowest tier plants possible to produce the ones you want.

Venemous Fanleaf:

Fourpetal Maranta and Citrus Lemonbush or
Citrus Maranta and Fourpetal Lemonbush

Daisy Lemonbush:

Spotted Maranta and Bluestar Maple or
Bluestar Maranta and Spotted Maple

Fragrant Pipe Cactus:

Jalapa Ball Cactua and Fourpetal Maple or
Fourpetal Ball Cactus and Jalapa Maple

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 01:57 AM

Thank you sooooooo much, LadyCFII - you're always fast with help! You're just all over the place =D have nice weekend!
Posted by: VBlue

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 04:54 PM

I have all the magic plants but the Aureus Scandens....I know that I can combine the fourpetal reptans and the venomous grass to make it but I don't have either one of those. How can I get them??

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 05:34 PM

You can see exactly how to make those plants in this post.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 05:45 PM

Thank you!!!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 05:49 PM

Thank you!!!! Any idea how to make a citrus reptan?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 05:57 PM

It's one of the plants you can't make. This thread has a lot more information about those plants.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/25/08 06:56 PM

Thank you!!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/15/08 10:01 PM

I need to make a tier 4 ridgeball. I don't care what kind of flower it is, I just haven't seen that seed yet and I'd like to =)

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/15/08 10:55 PM

The Ridgeball can be obtained only by purchasing the right seeds or by some lucky mutations. Depending on what plant you start with, you can get that foliage by mutation, but it's usually very expensive to do. If you don't already have Tier 4 plants, it will take a lot of mutation liquid and luck to get all the way from a Ball Cactus to a Ridgeball. You might be better off watching for some Tier 4 seeds in the Supplies Shop to work with.

You can see some more specific paths to a Ridgeball here.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/19/08 05:16 AM

LadyCFII: I do have Tier 4 seeds, just not the Ridgeball =) I'm missing 11 seeds in total, where most are Tier 4 - I only have tier 1 with Ridgeball.

Anyways, it can wait. I have another emergency =( I got a Tier 4 Fern and tier 1 Pear Cactus for the first time, but I accidently cross pollinated in stead of selfpollinating! =(

I would be so happy if someone could give me a recipe for an Arthurium Fern and a Jalapa Pear Cactus. I keep one of each kind of seed, tier 1-4, so I know them. I almost *headdesk*'ed when I realized my mistake, finally getting them after so long.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/19/08 05:30 AM

For the Jalapa Pear Cactus, use a Fourpetal Pipe Cactus and a Bluestar Ball Cactus.

For the Arthurium Fern, use a Citrus Maranta and Venus Astera.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/19/08 05:33 AM

Thank you =)
Posted by: ChunkyChocobo

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/13/08 05:25 PM

I tried crossing a Fourpetal Lemonbush with a Fabled Pear Cactus expecting a Fabled Lemonbush (MP) and instead I got some kind of Rare Oak seed...

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? Thanks!

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/13/08 05:36 PM

The pollination process doesn't produce plants that have the flower of one parent and the foliage of the other parent. Instead, the flowers of the two parents combine to make a different flower (in this case, Blazing), while the foliage of both parents combine to make new foliage (in this case Rare Oak). There is a 'genetic formula' that must be discovered in order to know exactly what results you'll get from a particular pairing.

If you're not in the mood to figure out the genetic formula, you can use the breeding guides that others have submitted to our Plant Tycoon Guide.
Posted by: ChunkyChocobo

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 12/14/08 07:23 PM

ok...I get it! Sorry, Ive only had this game a few days now. I DID manage to get myself a Nox Orchid tho....PRETTY!
Posted by: Penguin

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 02/02/09 10:15 PM

Can any one help me with getting a citrus cactus ball? I need one to make my last magic plant and I goofed up and did not save a seed. The seed store has not given me one either. I have tried many, many, many combinations.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 02/03/09 12:19 AM

There's a special thread just for that plant and a few others that are kind of in a special category. You can see it here.
Posted by: searcher

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/27/09 03:20 AM

What's confusing to me,is the plants have 2 names,and when you say cross this and this and you"ll get this.There has 2 be other ways to achieve the same goal,right?

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/27/09 01:40 PM

Each plant's name is two 'names' because the flower (e.g. Bluestar) and the foliage (e.g. Maple) are both important in determining which plants to use for pollination. Cross-pollinating a Bluestar Maranta with a Citrus Maple with produce the exact same seeds as crossing a Citrus Maranta and a Bluestar Maple. That's why most breeding charts have the foliage and the flowers separated so that you can determine which two flower types you need in order to get a specific flower type, and which two foliage types you need to get the foliage you want.
Posted by: butterflyo1

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/30/09 05:21 AM

im trying to make
fourpetal raptans
citrus raptans
fourpetal estera
citrus ball cactis
jalapa maranta
fragrant maple

im so fustrated.

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 11/30/09 01:37 PM

For the two citrus plants, you should read this sticky post.

This spoiler post will give you the others.
Posted by: PTLady

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 06/29/10 03:16 AM

How do I get Citrus reptans? this is a great game and I love it but I'm so frustrated trying to get Aureus Reptans

Hmm, should have read the previous posts.
Posted by: wench

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/10 09:29 AM

so im loving borgs chart but can anyone tll me how to breed the corner plants ? they confuse me lol...

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/13/10 02:58 PM

The "corner plants" can be obtained only from seeds or mutation. You can read a more thorough discussion about those plants here.
Posted by: wench

Re: [SPOILERS] Help making a specific plant!! - 10/14/10 10:09 AM

that exlains it then ! at least im not as dumb as i thought lol