Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#98536 - 09/24/07 07:56 PM How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER)
Shivvy Offline

I need to find the golden berries of wealth and was wondering if someone can tell me which 2 plant I need to crossbreed. This is drinving me crazy I have all the other MP's just not this one. Please help me!!!

#98541 - 09/24/07 08:06 PM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: Shivvy]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Look in the Plant Tycoon Guide, where you'll find several breeding helps. \:\)

#98647 - 09/24/07 11:52 PM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: Shivvy]
Algorithm Offline
Trainee

Loc: maryland
my confused ramblings...

lots of people seem to have trouble with that MP. i think it is a problem because to make it you need a reptans and something else, or two scandens. you can only breed reptans from 2 other reptans. you can only breed scandens from reptans and scandens. hence, reptans and scandens are unlikely for you to be able to breed. you need to get them initially when you start the game, or you need to buy them in the store, or you need to mutate a grass to a scandens and then mutate again to a reptans.

if you look at the breeding chart the above becomes clearer. the reptans is the very left column of the chart. since you need plants on opposite sides of the plant you want to make, and there are no plants to the left of the reptans column, it is only breedable by breeding a reptans with another reptans. and if you had two reptans to breed already, you would have already likely bred your MP (aureus scandens).

somewhere around here is a reply of mine with triangles in it that explain it all, but better.

Cheers,
Algorithm

#98650 - 09/25/07 12:04 AM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: Algorithm]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Here, you might have these plants, and I figured this out using the PT breeder, but if u have these plants, [[[spotted astera] x [jalapa astera]] x [citrus reptans]] x [citrus reptans]

#98706 - 09/25/07 02:29 AM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: Jazzo]
LadyKnight Offline
Trainee

Loc: Illinois
Ok so if I have those plants then I just plant them in that order right? And it will produce the AS?

#98718 - 09/25/07 03:22 AM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: Jazzo]
Algorithm Offline
Trainee

Loc: maryland
ANOTHER PRIMER ON BREEDING

I will go over the example above using the breeding charts. This is easy. Trust me.

Look for the spotted astera and jalapa astera on your chart and circle them. To find them on the chart, look for the flower on the left side (spotted, jalapa) and find the body (astera) at the top. Where spotted and astera cross, that is a spotted astera. Where jalapa and astera cross, that is a jalapa astera. I have circled the flowers, body, and plants all below so you can find them on your chart.

Now that you have circled the spotted astera and the jalapa astera, draw a line connecting them. Exactly halfway between the two plants is the result of this crossbreeding. (If the halfway point between two plants lands you between two squares on the chart, always pick the one that is more to the right and/or down.)

The halfway point on that line above lands us on the cell for "bluestar astera." I have circled that below.

Following along the example above, we now want to cross our bluestar astera with a citrus reptans. Find and circle the citrus reptans on your chart at home, like this:

Just like we did above, draw a line between the two plants you have circled. Find the halfway point along this line. In this case it is the fragrant grass. I have done this below:

The halfway point of the above crossbreeding landed on the fragrant grass, so circle it:

Following the example above we want to cross our fragrant grass with a citrus reptans, so circle that too:

Just as before, draw a line between these two, and find the halfway point. In this case it is the Aureus Scandens (AKA the Golden Berries of Wealth):

the problem with this is that if you do not have a citrus reptans or any of the other starting seeds, this particular way of finding the aureus scandens won't work for you. If you have microsoft excel and the plant tycoon breeding spreadsheet it will tell you exactly what to breed with what from the seeds you do have. if you do not have microsoft excel, list the seeds you do have, and what you are trying to make, in a thread on this forum somewhere, and i (or someone) with microsoft excel will give you the recipe (or tell you it is not possible to make what you want with the seeds you have).

#98730 - 09/25/07 04:36 AM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: Algorithm]
pianoplayer Offline

Loc: USA
Cross a certain GRASS with a certain REPTANS and you'll get it. It was difficult for me, too, and when I asked for help they deleted my question! Hope this helps you.

#98784 - 09/25/07 12:05 PM Re: How do I find ?????? (POSSIBLE SPOILER) [Re: pianoplayer]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
pianoplayer, your question was not deleted. It was simply tagged as a spoiler and moved from the General Discussion forum to the Plant Tycoon forum. \:\)

Whenever you can't find one of your posts, just click on My Stuff, then My Posts, and you'll see a list of them. \:\)

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter