When can we expect VV3 to be released?

Posted by: crystal clear

When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/23/07 03:18 PM

I've finished playing VV2, well almost, my collectable items isn't complete yet, but I can't wait for VV3...

yes I know it's not soon, as VV2 has just released for few weeks, but when can I expect it? in few months? half a year? next year? \:D
Posted by: Kasey323.ink

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/23/07 04:18 PM

Definatly not today, nor tommorow. LOL. ;\)
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/23/07 05:36 PM

The best way to tell what we're working on and when to expect game releases is to periodically check our Previews Page. \:\)
Posted by: Tiger

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/23/07 06:22 PM

Patience is a virtue. The best way to estimate when Virtual Villagers 3 will be out is to look at how long it took between 1 and 2. The time between 2 and 3 will probably be shorter, since when they did 1 they had to wait and see if it was a success.

In order to figure out improvement to include in version 3, they need feedback, which takes time... these are all factors.

Above all just hold your horses and enjoy what you have...
Posted by: salazar

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/24/07 02:59 AM

lol.cant wait either

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/24/07 09:45 AM

I know, it's not that I'm impatient or anything... just curious lol

btw, you (the devs) do read the ideas and suggestions, right? \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/24/07 12:53 PM

Yes, we do. You can have a look at this post, the link to Arthur's post, and Carla's post right below mine to get a good idea of how the suggestions are used. \:\)
Posted by: Wildbill411

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/07 07:31 PM

I have a problem with the preview page. The progress bars under the previews only load to about 60 to 70 percent and quit. I type in my email to sign up for windows and nothing ever happens. I'm running the Mozilla Firefox browser. Could that possibly be the problem?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/07 07:37 PM

The progress bar(s) indicate how far along the game development is, which (as of today) is 70% for Plant Tycoon. It's not a page loading indicator. \:\)

I don't have a problem with the email notification signup using Firefox. When I enter my email address and click the signup button, I see the confirmation page (Thank you! You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter). Perhaps your browser settings are interfering?

Posted by: Wildbill411

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/07 09:01 PM

Thank you LadyCFII! \:\) So if I understand correctly then there hasn't been any progress made on VV3 yet? My wife and I are looking very much forward to it, since we got hooked on the first two.

On the newsletter I guess I should clarify the problem. I receive the verification that I have subscribed successfully but I haven't received a newsletter yet. Maybe it has something to do with my email settings.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/07 09:12 PM

Ah, yes! Clarification is good! \:D You haven't received a newsletter yet, because we haven't sent it out yet.

There is no prgress to report yet on the VV3 part of the Previews Page. We just released VV:TLC in February, and you all can play games faster than we can make them! \:D
Posted by: Tobycat

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/07/07 03:38 AM

Hi all...I have played both versions on VV and I am currently playing the first one again. I love RPG or sometimes referred to as "god games" and I particulary enjoy VV because of its lack of sex (ok except for "going indoors" :))and violence. I have enjoyed reading the suggestions for VV3 and I also look forward to its release. Does anyone know of any other games like VV? I have tried a few but none have the charm of VV. Thanks.
Posted by: Amanda1681

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 02:34 AM

I suggest just continuing to challenge yourself on VV 1 and 2 until 3 comes out, tobycat!! You're right,you won't find the charm anywhere else. I love my little villagers and wish I could have them in doll form and everything :P
Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 03:34 AM

Oh isn't your new avatar, the two couples from your caption that won the contest?
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
... and you all can play games faster than we can make them! \:D

And little Obi has something he would like to say:

Posted by: Rand

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 08:00 PM

I agree with little Obi, Gamemastr1
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 08:20 PM

That's awesome!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 08:22 PM

OHHHHHHH this is soooo fun!! \:\)
Posted by: blue777

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 08:28 PM

very funny!!!!!!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 08:36 PM

Me, too! HAHAHAHAHA That's why I made sure that Arthur and Carla saw it!
Posted by: McKittyKat55

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 10:10 PM

this is wonderful but i was wondering if you could give us a rough estimate on when the game is going to be relased! (i am currently waiting for all the collectibles to be found in vv2 but other than that the game is "complete.")

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/07 10:14 PM

The next chapter of Virtual Villagers is too far away to be thinking about release dates. Our next game release will be Plant Tycoon for Mac and Windows. \:\)
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/07 12:49 AM

Gamemstr, that is just too cool!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/07 12:49 AM

o ok. \:\( i was hoping it would be sooner but that's fine.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/07 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
Gamemstr, that is just too cool!

Thanks. It was a challenge but it was fun.
Posted by: colourmehappy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/28/07 05:32 PM

Great picture, I've got it on my desktop. How did you do it?
Posted by: Hubututududu

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 06/27/07 08:01 PM

This game is so charming and innocent. One other poster mentioned that they liked it because of the lack of violence and adult themes. I've played a lot of games with those themes in it, and I found myself surprised at how refreshing it is to have them absent!

I eagerly await VV3 - even though I haven't played VV2 yet! Going to buy it this week!

Excellent job, programmers and concept artists! I will post some of my recommendations to the appropriate forums.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 01:23 AM

Ican't wait for VV3 To come out
Posted by: samcutie567

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 07:04 AM

I expect now , if there s a miracle happened in your game LDW

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 07:05 AM

hehe!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 07:06 AM

very excellent job LDW
awsome , i think that
youre doing your best to make all of our suggestions
Posted by: K.A.M.I.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 02:23 PM

What's VV:TLC ????

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 02:59 PM

Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children (which most people refer to as VV:TLC or just VV2).
Posted by: K.A.M.I.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/08/07 06:29 PM

O, I thought it stood for Virtual Villagers: Tender Loving Care
I was way off...
Posted by: Tmac

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/09/07 01:06 AM

kami, we do take "tender loving care" of our villagers!
Posted by: Wontolla

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 07/09/07 08:58 AM

TLC need all the TLC they can get!
Posted by: lp7p

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 08/21/07 01:32 PM

I love my Villagers: Pop:106-looking for one pebble, all puzzles complete. I eagerly await VV3- Get going LDW, this is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: shwiesulka

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/17/07 11:30 AM

Guys, it's been a long time already... Is at least the approximate date known, when VV3 is released?
How long must we still wait?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/17/07 11:47 AM

If we try to give an estimate now, it will almost certainly have to be changed to a later date and disappoint everyone. Plant Tycoon was originally announced as coming in Spring 2007 and was just released at the beginning of September. That seems to happen a lot with software development, whether it's games or operating systems. \:\)
Posted by: Caristiona

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/26/07 01:31 AM

If we try to give an estimate now, it will almost certainly have to be changed to a later date and disappoint everyone. Plant Tycoon was originally announced as coming in Spring 2007 and was just released at the beginning of September. That seems to happen a lot with software development, whether it's games or operating systems. \:\)

being a fan of your games as well as several other companies out there this I do understand but i have a question ...now that PT has been released for PC and Mac is it possible for the preview page to be updated so as to let us eagerly champing at the bit fans know that at least some progress has been made? in the mean time planning to buy PT when i get paid next played the demo i DL'd from LDW's site and can't wait to really get into trying to catch all the bugs and crossbreed the plants to find the elusive magic ones. thanks for the great games you make LDW

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/26/07 01:48 AM

The Previews Page for VV3 will be updated when it's appropriate to do so. \:\)
Posted by: Damballah

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/28/07 05:35 AM

Actually, the anticipation is some of the best part! What direction will it take? Where is the man who left the children alone? Sometimes the waiting is the best part! \:\)
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/28/07 01:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Damballah
Actually, the anticipation is some of the best part! What direction will it take? Where is the man who left the children alone? Sometimes the waiting is the best part! \:\)

And what was the great evil that the adults of the village going to seek? What was the writing on the cave wall in VV1, the story behind the remple, the idol, the Golden Child? Wonderful secrets that will (I hope) be revealed like the unfolding of one of C.S.Lewis's Chronlces.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 09/28/07 04:44 PM

"There is no terror in the bang, but in the anticipation of it." ~Alfred Hitchcock ;\)
Posted by: lorrainnidaho

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 10/08/07 04:06 PM

I just checked out the progress page and there is nothing showing for progress for vv3..
Posted by: Keza132

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 10/08/07 04:35 PM

There will be soon enough, just remember they have just released plant tycoon.
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 10/08/07 05:03 PM

Yea, I heard somewhere that there is gonna be a surprise.
Posted by: Ptuny

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 10/19/07 08:04 PM

I am delighted with the total concept of both the VV games.
My grandson comes over, and "My little people" are his main attraction so much, that I purchased the second game for him, played it until he was able to enjoy it without too many disruptions, and transferred the file to his computer!
He is five, and realizes that work life babies and death are all a part of the life cycle in the game. He is now aware that this is as well life as well!
VV3?
I can wait, I am patient (tapping her finger on the desk) I understand what it takes to develop another game(Yells loudly in the background...AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!)
Yep, I can wait
But only because the end result will be wonderful!
~~P'tuny

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 10/26/07 01:54 AM

jazzo, where did you hear that and what do you mean !!!!
please tell me !! i need to know when VV3 "the long wait" will be here !!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 10/26/07 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Krystal
"There is no terror in the bang, but in the anticipation of it." ~Alfred Hitchcock ;\)

So very true.
Posted by: lynne33406

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/02/07 03:28 PM

ilove all of the games cant wait til vv3 is out
Posted by: Kanakha

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/02/07 03:50 PM

I can't either. Aren't there any sneek-peeks into the storyline? Nothing at all for us to chew on until Chapter 3 comes out? \:\(
Posted by: lucas

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/02/07 06:01 PM

Well I just signed up for the News Letter for VV3. So when should I know something . Please let me know I am almost done with PT. Hope to hear something soon
Thanks Lucas

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/04/07 03:11 AM

Patience, my children! The waiting is half the fun....
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/12/07 05:02 AM

i hope it comes soon.
Posted by: WebWench

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/12/07 08:53 AM

LOL I have to laugh at myself here. I'm ok with waiting for crops to sprout, fish to age, plants to grow, and "Masters" to work and earn their status... but waiting for VV3 has got to be the most painful 'waiting' of all! hehehe

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/12/07 03:44 PM

Yes, but, VV3 will be worth the wait.
Posted by: HelloWorld!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/12/07 05:29 PM

it will

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/12/07 06:31 PM

Well they do say; Its worth the wait for those that wait.
Posted by: iluv.vv

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/15/07 05:01 AM

i got 1 less than 2 weeks ago and finished it,2 will be here this week,cant wait to start on it,and for 3 well guys hurry up with it cant wait to get started.i hope it has a larger population than the first 1,cus 90 people just isnt enough.i think it need a teacher for the school that helps the children until they become adept at least.but they have to be a master at the skill before they can teach.and maybe a new skill like hunters who hunt for wild game and maybe a wild dog to tame into a pet and guardian of the tribe,and maybe a drummer who plays for celebrations.maybe you could put some honey in the trees for a special treat.anyway i will just work on beating 2 until 3 comes out...good luck with it!!...p.s. can you tell me how big the population goes up to for vv2?.........thanks a bunch

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/15/07 05:07 AM

this is my new favorite site... \:D
Posted by: arnie

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/15/07 08:30 PM

You can reach 115, possibly 117 if you have triplets born at just the right time.
Posted by: computer3gold

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 03:18 PM

How long was it in between VV1 and VV2?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 03:30 PM

It was approximately 7 months, but we didn't develop and release another game during the interval between VV1 and VV2. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 03:35 PM

well whos waiting for Plant Tycoon or Fish Tycoon????????????? NO ONE \:\) !!!!!!! *gets down on knees* PLZZZZZZZZZZZ i finished VV2 in all possible aspects!!!! all the collectibles? collected. all the puzzles? solved. all the stories? told. all the tag? played. all the pictures? taken. all the . . . everything else? DONE.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 03:44 PM

There were actually a lot of people *begging* for Plant Tycoon for their desktop, and they had been waiting a very long time.
Posted by: kittenangel2001

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 04:27 PM

we neeeeed VV3 I am anxious for it to come out to start a new chapter to my villagers' lives!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 07:58 PM

Okay, it was about 7 months between VV1 and VV2 without a game in between, and it was about 7 months (give or take) between VV2 and PT. Sensing a pattern... lol

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/25/07 08:31 PM

LOL I know I think the same way Krystal!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/26/07 08:14 PM

LOL

Great minds think alike, I suppose. \:\)
Posted by: PlantPat

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/26/07 09:18 PM

When is PT II coming out - I've grown everything there is to grow and now am just making money and improving my STATS until the Leaderboard comes out - I am hoping to be on it. But then what?????

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/26/07 09:27 PM

The only way to know what games LDW plans to produce is to check out our Previews Page. Many of the threads in the forums were started by fans who want to provide input in case LDW decides to produce a sequel of their favorite games. At this time, the only game that we have announced specific plans to produce is Virtual Villagers 3. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/26/07 09:30 PM

IDK if there will be a PT 2 because it might be a bit too similar to make a whole new copy. I'm sure LDW will surprise and impress us with VV3

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/26/07 09:33 PM

Yes, no doubt that VV3 will be great!
Posted by: PlantPat

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/27/07 07:47 AM

With all the suggestions that came in until now for a PT II, they really could be working on a new program that looks and plays much different than PT. There are no limits to some creative people's imgination!
Posted by: SpecialPrincess

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/28/07 12:54 AM

When did PT come out? \:\?

I already have it, I just can't remember when it came out. \:\?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/28/07 06:52 PM

Same here, SP! LOLOL

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/28/07 07:17 PM

PT came out in the middle of September I think, so it's about two months old!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/28/07 11:11 PM

Come on lets get vv3 out!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/29/07 08:19 AM

With approximately 7 months between games, we can estimate VV3 will come out sometime this spring. April would be the seventh month, but I think in these situations your have to think about give or take a month or two.
Posted by: wyby

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 11/29/07 11:29 AM

well it would be nice in april then i have birthday:P

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 05:17 PM

We will start putting up the progress bar for VV3 before the end of the years. Sneak Peaks and Arthurs Develpment Diary will follow soon after... \:D
Posted by: laurence

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 05:20 PM

\:D thanks a lot!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 07:10 PM

Wow thats great. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 07:23 PM

OMG !!!! what great news !!!! \:D

now if we only had the game back , where people were guessing the date and title ! ;\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 07:31 PM

OMG !!!! what great news !!!! \:\) YAY!!!!
Posted by: Kadgii Kailali

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 07:49 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

lol!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/04/07 09:25 PM

\:D \:D \:D \:D

YES! Awesome! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Posted by: CaveDweller

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 12:08 AM

Yes, terrific news . . . My villagers are feeling deserted I think since I've almost abandoned them -- after replaying several times, and continuing several games way beyond the "finish" of the puzzles, finding collectibles, etc. -- in favor of plants from Isola! What would they think of me for showing such sudden interest in their foliage and so little of their village. I need motivation of VV3 to go back to the
Villagers!

While waiting for plants to grow and germinate -- and sell! --I've wondered if the Villagers in 3 will be newly wealthy and worldly due to all their recent export business (plants, soil, water!). How far is the LDW interaction between the games going to go?? I'm hoping the village is not looking barren due to all the plant loss and that they're keeping some of their seeds and soil on Isola. We'd hate there to be an ecological disaster on the island! Especially due to our addiction of their lovely and magical plants. Maybe they could start exporting herbal remedies too! I'd love to taste of couple of their stews!

Which brings up a point that's bothered me in the game! Why will a master doctor make a stew that she knows will make the villagers sick? I find it very useful to use in "mastering" the docs, but I'm upset thatthey go ahead and make it and let others eat it! (just one of my nitpickings -- but I love thegames and look forward to future ones. I think you do an outstanding job with all of them. It's a rare treat in the game world to come across such well done ones!)
Posted by: scallerbar

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 02:33 AM

can't wait for vv3, how long do you think it will take to make?
LOL no i'm not addicted LOL

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 04:05 AM

HOORAY!!!!!
Posted by: Kadgii Kailali

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 05:02 AM

OH YEAH!!!
Posted by: virutaluser02

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 05:47 AM

vv2 goes up to 110. Each collection that you finish gives you 5 more safe for kids to the population. There'll be a note.
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 11:42 AM

WOOHOOO!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 04:48 PM

I don't think I can wait much longer(but I will have to).
Posted by: TribalMom

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/05/07 05:17 PM

Great News!! It's like an early Christmas present for the fans...Thanks LDW! (Not that we're trying to rush you or anything) \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/10/07 10:13 AM

Maybe at least in April 2008.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/14/07 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: samcutie567
Maybe at least in April 2008.

\:o

i hope not \:o

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/14/07 07:12 PM

thank u virtualuser02 for the info i appreciate it muchly \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/14/07 07:17 PM

whos addicted?...lol

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/14/07 07:19 PM

it's like waiting for a baby to be born.excited,nervous,anxious,well you get the ideal..that would be a great b-day gift for me in february...lol
Posted by: $@m

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/15/07 04:37 PM

I am dying to just see a picture of VV3! Just a little something. I feel like all the patience is going to burst out of my ears!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 12:58 AM

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 12:59 AM

Wooo..Hooo "Virtual Villagers..work in Progress" this is so exciting!! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 01:06 AM

Ooh, are the looks of the villagers and the outfits a hint???
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 01:09 AM

Next year is only a couple of weeks away now \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 01:20 AM

OMG!!!!! I can't wait!!!! Fantastic news!! Thanks Carla!! and the pic looks awesome as well!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 01:33 AM

OMGOODNESSSSSS!!!!!! NEW ACTIONS!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 11:00 AM

Yeah!! \:\) "Work in progress"!! that's promising! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Robert1220
OMGOODNESSSSSS!!!!!! NEW ACTIONS!!
What? LOL What do you mean, Robert?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 09:21 PM

\:\) O, M, G, I can't WAIT

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 10:01 PM

Yey their getting there \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 10:09 PM

Look closely at what the villagers are doing, Krystal, and you'll know what Robert is talking about.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 10:15 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome! A new action 2!!! OMG I'm so excited! Thanks LDW!!!
Posted by: biddy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 10:17 PM

Yep you can definitely see some NEW actios - hurry up please - I will go down on my knees and beg if you want me to (though it might take me a while to get up again!!!!)

Oh well it is only a couple of weeks to 2008 \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/18/07 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Carla

Question: would any of the villagers look like me 8\)
Posted by: Nemyar

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 01:36 AM

Now, the question is, what sort of action is the villagers doing?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 01:41 AM

mochajew what a beautiful picture !! \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 01:52 AM

Quote:
Now, the question is, what sort of action are the villagers doing?

I think that they are either lifting or worshiping something.
Posted by: Britney

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 03:24 AM

wow... cool, seems like that Now you guys are working on it... looks like its gonna be cool

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 03:44 AM

Look closely at what the villagers are doing, Krystal, and you'll know what Robert is talking about.
Ohhhhhhh, yeah..... I knew that!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 03:52 AM

yep, maybe they are three builders carrying the largest plank of wood from the wood pile

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 04:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Nemyar
Now, the question is, what sort of action is the villagers doing?

As long as there is at least one cute, round, brown person in the village, they can be building the Taj. Though it might be a boat....

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: tmac
mochajew what a beautiful picture !! \:D

Thank you; it's a picture of the best day of my life

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/19/07 06:44 PM

I wonder what the island is going to look like. I hope its even bigger and more mysterious.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: $@m
I wonder what the island is going to look like. I hope its even bigger and more mysterious.

Oooohhhhh...I can't wait to explore that island, I bet it will be so interesting and exciting!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 02:27 AM

Me too. And I hope that, as Arthur would say: " there are more toys in the sandbox."

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 04:43 AM

I am definately waiting, not so patiently, for VV3. New Villagers, new tasks. The one thing I do hope will change or at least be updated is the names. They can keep Obi though. \:\) \:D
<--<<
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 03:07 PM

I'm going nuts! I can't wait anymore!! - hits head againest wall -

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 04:52 PM

Some where I heard that this is going to be the last Virtual Villagers game. Is that true? OH PLEASE DON'T LET IT BE THE LAST ONE!!!!! (On knees)
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 05:23 PM

Not sure. I did here the story line for the first three were written all at the same time. That does not mean there will not be any more to come. But in this industry you never know when the last sequel will come, nor do the publishers. ;\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 05:27 PM

Well, there ought to be at least 4. A North, East, South, and West shores. Then maybe a 5th one that ties them all together.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 05:34 PM

And then the sixth could be a new tribe/island.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 05:48 PM

VV3 will not be our last one.....

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 05:51 PM

VV3 will not be our last one.....

HOORAY!
Posted by: biddy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 07:02 PM

That is VERY good news !!!!
I look forward to playing them all in due time - though I would really like to get my sticky 'paws' on VV3 now!!!!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Tobycat

Oooohhhhh...I can't wait to explore that island, I bet it will be so interesting and exciting!

I second that \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 08:46 PM

I'm so glad that this isn't going to be the last game. YAY!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/20/07 11:49 PM

i second that.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 01:47 AM

I second that too!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 02:14 AM

we used to have a game . we all guessed what the name of vv3 would be and the release date . it would be funny if one of us guessed right ! but they deleted the games section . so we wouldn't know .

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Gamemastr1
Well, there ought to be at least 4. A North, East, South, and West shores. Then maybe a 5th one that ties them all together.

And don't forget the ending of Plant Tycoon...it also ties into Isloa...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 05:39 AM

I am definately waiting, not so patiently, for VV3. New Villagers, new tasks. The one thing I do hope will change or at least be updated is the names. They can keep Obi though. \:\) \:D
<--<<

I like Mocha myself ;\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 02:55 PM

Well I really think they need to have a villager called, The Village Idiot. ;\) We all have at lease one in our games, so they might as well be called what they are, right? rotfl

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot
Well I really think they need to have a villager called, The Village Idiot. ;\) We all have at lease one in our games, so they might as well be called what they are, right? rotfl

Works for me

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 06:06 PM

Next time I get a particularly stupid villager I'll rename him (or her) in your honour, VI. ;\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 06:08 PM

I'm not even holding out for a Krystal! (Mocha would be a neat one, though!)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 06:12 PM

Thanks Mr. Palmer ;\) .... I think.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 06:21 PM

hehe Arnie

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/21/07 08:40 PM

I just know that VV3 is going to be awesome with all the good suggestions and someone said that they wrote the plans for VV1, VV2 and VV3 at the same time before they made VV1. So if I'm right lot's of the mysteries will most likely be solved in VV3!
Posted by: babytee

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/23/07 02:44 AM

I pray this the release is soon. I have become like an addict.I check every other day upon the release... This is torture!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/23/07 12:48 PM

It'll be a couple of months at least, I'd say. It's certainly not worth checking every day. I'm sure Carla and Arthur will post a few sneak peeks here first.
Posted by: dragonsmist_2008

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/23/07 03:57 PM

I think if the children are looking at some thing or watching they should get some tech points and i also agree that they should hunt things and pick them up on their own and have a playground
Posted by: loki is sorry!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 12/23/07 05:29 PM

i want an 'evil' villager named loki!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/01/08 09:48 PM

maybe there looking at the game in progress being at the end!!!!!that would be awesome!!!
Posted by: lynne33406

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/02/08 04:23 PM

i have a very old computer still runs on 98/me i hope i can purchase vv3 for my computer i loved the other two lynne33406

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/04/08 12:57 AM

The Previews Page for VV3 will be updated when it's appropriate to do so. \:\)

... and you all can play games faster than we can make them! \:D

The best way to tell what we're working on and when to expect game releases is to periodically check our Previews Page. \:\)

I know, I'm impatient, but these posts were from last year \:D well, not really, but, yeah. Is there any news on it? There is nothing on the previews page. \:\( Any release date speculation

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/04/08 01:25 AM

Sorry, Jazzo, but everything that I've already posted is the best we can do right now. When we have something more definite, it will be posted to the Previews Page. If it's big enough news, we will probably post it here in the forums as well. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/04/08 12:51 PM

Yes you have to be patient Jazzo. At this point if they continue to release it in the same manor as their past games March or April would be the soonest (I would bet more like June or July, but then again I'm not a betting type of guy.) So just lay back, play a few more VV1 and 2 games, breed some more fish and water your plants. Oh yeah, practice a few more card tricks. ;\) You'll be playing vv3 before you know it.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/11/08 09:45 PM

Maybe it might come out on my birthday 19 June

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/11/08 09:58 PM

Nope. \:D It will come out on mine and Obi's birthday \:D The answer to that is out there. \:D
Posted by: AprilGayle

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/12/08 02:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Annthewhofan

Oh! That would be awesome! Or maybe on my birthday, May 12th(I doubt it, but still)!!

I can hardly wait for vv3! I am serious, my friend thinks I am too obsessed with vv(which I KINDA am) :D!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/12/08 04:09 PM

OMG my BDay is the June 20.
Posted by: CaliBrat

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/12/08 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Jazzo

OMG my BDay is the June 20.

My BD is June 11th. I think a June release sounds good. \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/12/08 08:43 PM

Well we know it's not coming out anytime this January, so there's no hope for a January 18 release. \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/12/08 08:48 PM

feb 28?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/13/08 12:54 AM

not a chance

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/13/08 02:16 AM

My birthday? May 28
Posted by: heatherndan

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/20/08 07:30 PM

my b-day? mar. 11?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/20/08 07:39 PM

Maybe Oct 1!

Wake us up when Spetember ends!!!
Posted by: layol

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/20/08 08:14 PM

ok... lkongshot but.... april 20? its my bday.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/20/08 10:20 PM

March or April would be the soonest (I would bet more like June or July, but then again I'm not a betting type of guy.)

While I would hope for March or April (my husband will be home for a visit in April, so I would have to wait to play for a bit) June sounds good...since June 23 is my b-day
Posted by: Villager master

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/21/08 12:58 AM

We all hate waiting
Posted by: Villager master

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/21/08 01:03 AM

I want it to come out sometime next month

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/21/08 01:12 AM

It won't. \:\)
Posted by: I3lak

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/21/08 02:26 AM

I cant wait for this game i have done all these games in like a week honestly i stay on all day im so addicited to stuff. Now im watching "Lost" and i say 2 seasons in 3 days 50 episodes 1hr long with breaks and buying the third season

I wish we could transform this game into a Lost type thing or ad more things.

~SUGGESTIONS~
1. Add quests(this means like in the game they have to hunt something)
2. Add hunting
3. More to do gets boring after a while
4. Add some stuff for pregnant people

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/21/08 02:48 AM

*singing* If it comes on October 1..then someone better..

Wake us up! When Spetember ends! * Do me anyway my b-day is the first!*

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/24/08 09:39 AM

Whoa, I didn't know my first thread ever in here lasts this long \:\)

So, after all this time, we still don't know as to when it'll actually be released? Thanks for filling us the info though, Lady. I can't wait for it.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/27/08 06:29 PM

stop making us wait! your torturing us!!! *cry*

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/27/08 07:02 PM

hey! i got an idea wbhy its taking so long! because we are asking for a lot of stuff in it! probably theyre to busy adding stuff to get to the real point of the game, so if we stropped adding suggestions for a whikle, mabye it would speed up!!! am i right, Lady CFII?
Posted by: xboxgamergirl

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/27/08 07:35 PM

the game is about 70% complete so just guess how long it will take....we should be getting a release date soon
Posted by: Syco4VV3

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 01/27/08 09:35 PM

I am so sykied just look at my name!

Stare into the ominous egg and click it

Posted by: Kristalia

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/06/08 08:17 PM

I hope its soon I might be able to get it as a x-mas present next year ^^
Posted by: AndreaD

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/06/08 08:21 PM

according to the press release that was just posted it will be released sometime in the Spring. I'm guessing April.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/06/08 11:18 PM

april would be awesome ;-)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/07/08 12:03 AM

WOO-HOO!
AWESOME, FOR MY B-DAY!
Posted by: Phantom_Flame

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/07/08 05:49 PM

Sometime in April or May would be great - I'll be getting out of college for the summer and be able to devote more time to taking care of my peeps! ^^
Posted by: LuCkY6059

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/07/08 08:20 PM

The previews look awesome! That doesn't help my anticipation any!!
Posted by: spyrogirlkim

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/07/08 09:37 PM

I am so excited about it comming out soon.I just can't stand it.Looks like it will be funner than the lost children.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/08/08 01:41 AM

What are those faces on the smoke in the picture above the progress bar? My mom dosen't seem to be to crazy about the game because of those faces. I hope it doesn't involve too much of the game so I will be allowed to get it.
Posted by: Becca123

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/08/08 09:32 AM

Maybe they are the ghosts of all the dead villagers \:\(
Spooky
Im sure it will be a fantastic game I hope it comes out around April. Not that that is my birthday or anything, but it seems like a good time. Three more months...hopefully they can get it done by then.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/08/08 12:14 PM

Those are wind gods in clouds, causing a storm and probably wrecking the villagers on the north shore of Isola. That graphic looks to be one from the introduction to the game; the same artist did the ones in VV2 of the two villagers who fell down the waterfall. In that case they shouldn't appear at all in the game itself.
Posted by: bobogrl2

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/08/08 11:42 PM

Off-topic post removed

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/08/08 11:46 PM

Cool, everything seems like a huge mystery. Wont we all be suprised when vv3 comes out!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 12:39 AM

thanx, so much. I'm sure my mom will be okay with that. thank you again.

and isn't vv3 supposed to solve the whole mystery about Isola?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 02:02 AM

i hope not !!! \:\?
they already said vv3 won't be the last \:D
it would be nice to have at least 5 or 50 of them !!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 02:07 AM

yeah lol. Im sure an online vv5 would make up for twenty more though!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 02:31 AM

If anyone is wondering when vv3 is coming out, its spring 2008.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: tmac
i hope not !!! \:\?
they already said vv3 won't be the last \:D
it would be nice to have at least 5 or 50 of them !!!

I hope it's not the last either. I think I can remember someone saying that they wrote vv1-vv3 before they made vv1. So they might make somemore after vv3 where the villagers go to another island.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 04:13 PM

Hey we gotta have 4 to get the East shore!
Then a 5 in the middle of the island would be swell.
Maybe that could be one that ties (links?) them all together!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockmower
Hey we gotta have 4 to get the East shore!
Then a 5 in the middle of the island would be swell.
Maybe that could be one that ties (links?) them all together!

Yeah! That would be cool! But I don't remember there being a spot for an east or center tribe on the map of isola in the plant tycoon game.
Posted by: Houjun

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/09/08 06:50 PM

In the map of Isola taken from Plant Tycoon, there does appear to be a place for the East side, it's just very difficult to see. It appears between the pocket watch and what appears to be a magnifying glass.

As for the center of the island, it's possible that a tribe could be surviving in the mountainous area that looks a tad like a cavern or if there is another clearing, it may be being hidden by the trees or the mountains.

I would add a copy of the picture but I can't save things on this computer. \:\) So I will give you the link to a post with the information. It's found here.

That said, I can't wait to see VV3 and all of the games they are going to release in the future. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/10/08 07:03 PM

hi peeps
Posted by: *Erica*

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/10/08 07:12 PM

omgosh, im so excited for virtual villagers 3!!! 70 percent complete!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/10/08 07:18 PM

This is the map that appears on loading in PT, without the additions.

Posted by: Shelli

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/10/08 08:24 PM

I love the pictures on the preview page. I'm starting to plan my vacation from work to coincide with the release date. I hope my boss is flexible ;\)
Posted by: Aerogirl

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 03:35 AM

i'm thinking they will at least make 7 Virtual Villagers games
1 for the North,South, East, and West coasts then 1 for the middle then 1 so we can travel to the 5 different parts of the Island and have 5 different tribes at once [that will be the most fun one] and then 1 so they can get off of the island and i'm hoping for the 7th one turns out to be a Sims type of game where like they get rescued and go back to the US or somewhere and then you have to choose which person you want to be and make you real world decisions like a job a house and choosing whether or not you want to stay in touch and etc.. or something like that

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 06:17 AM

lol, I think four or five would be nice. We dont want to tire ldw out too much!
Originally Posted By: arnie
This is the map that appears on loading in PT, without the additions.

Hey, did you ever notice the boat? maybe its rescuers!? \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 03:39 PM

So has anyone really speculated what the smoke is on the north side of the map above? maybe a volcano? Could it be a ceremony? Maybe Obi got careless and didn't tend the fire and now they have a forestfire? Maybe they are roasting a pig on a bbq spit and the drippings are causing the smoke? \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 06:17 PM

It comes from the chimney that we can see in the Carla's 1st pic!! Where Obi landed!! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 08:35 PM

I would have to disagree, Laurence. I think that when I look at the "chimney" that it is actually a niche to house an idol that need to be rebuild. There doesn't seem to be a place to light a fire.

Granted, yes, I do see a chimney where Obi landed but in this shot, it doesn't appear to be something that would house a fire. I could be wrong. It has happened before \:o did I say that? \:o but that is my opinion. \:D
Posted by: Cinimod

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 08:48 PM

Hmmm very interesting...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 08:52 PM

I'm sorry Gamey but I insist! \:\)
For me that is a chimney as we can see often in old fortress and castel with a kind of blazon hanged on the facade!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 08:55 PM

I must say, for someone who's just been shipwrecked, this girl is dressed rather impractically! She looks like she's at a dance.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 08:58 PM

LOL That's right!! \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 09:40 PM

When the game is released and we have had a chance to play it, Laurence, we shall then see who is right and whose theory goes "up in smoke" LOLOLOLOL (yes, that pun WAS intended.) \:D But if it is a chimney and there is going to be a fire in it, what is that... that... thing inside on the hearth? It doesn't appear to be a cauldron. It also appears there are broken pieces of whatever it is laying on the ground in front of it, which, when pieced together would make an Idol of some sort.?.?

Just so you know, i am just engaging in a friendly debate and it isn't meant to be a hostile arguement, so please don't misinterpret my comments as such. \:D It is all in fun as we really won't know until it is released. \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 10:32 PM

Well I can't wait to see the full picture when it's out.
Posted by: SupernaturalJem

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/12/08 10:39 PM

It does kind of look like a chimney... the top part of it anyway... but the part shaped like a door could be sort of a shelf I guess.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 12:38 AM

I would have to disagree, Laurence. I think that when I look at the "chimney" that it is actually a niche to house an idol that need to be rebuild. There doesn't seem to be a place to light a fire.

Granted, yes, I do see a chimney where Obi landed but in this shot, it doesn't appear to be something that would house a fire. I could be wrong. It has happened before \:o did I say that? \:o but that is my opinion. \:D

well, my view.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 01:04 AM

Well, we have a nice debate going on!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 01:18 AM

Could it be that the piece that we are looking at is a piece of an idol, like in VV2? That it was hidden in this chimmey or closet...or whatever it is?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 01:42 AM

I agree with laurence.But maybe,you need to get a certain level in tech,like in VV1 you need level 3 in fertility to get twins and trips,and in VV2 you need level two in Exploration to get the cauldron,maybe you'll need level two in one thing,and level 3 in another to make some kind of pot to cook in or something like that.

I AM NOT A BETA TESTER LEAKING SECRETS!
I AM ONLY ELEVEN YEARS OLD AND DO NOT
EVEN KNOW HOW TO SEND A VIRUS SO THERE!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 05:03 AM

Originally Posted By: HelloWorld!
I agree with laurence.But maybe,you need to get a certain level in tech,like in VV1 you need level 3 in fertility to get twins and trips,and in VV2 you need level two in Exploration to get the cauldron,maybe you'll need level two in one thing,and level 3 in another to make some kind of pot to cook in or something like that.

I AM NOT A BETA TESTER LEAKING SECRETS!
I AM ONLY ELEVEN YEARS OLD AND DO NOT
EVEN KNOW HOW TO SEND A VIRUS SO THERE!

While it is fun to guess and wonder, we really won't know until the game is released. And even then...the staff of LDW have a way of holding their cards rather close...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 08:27 AM

When the game is released and we have had a chance to play it, Laurence, we shall then see who is right and whose theory goes "up in smoke" LOLOLOLOL (yes, that pun WAS intended) ...
…Just so you know, i am just engaging in a friendly debate and it isn't meant to be a hostile arguement, so please don't misinterpret my comments as such. \:D It is all in fun as we really won't know until it is released. \:D \:D \:D \:D

I'm sure that's a friendly debate and a funny one! \:D It's the only thing we can do in waiting the game!!
But if it is a chimney and there is going to be a fire in it, what is that... that... thing inside on the hearth? It doesn't appear to be a cauldron. It also appears there are broken pieces of whatever it is laying on the ground in front of it, which, when pieced together would make an Idol of some sort.?.?
As said HelloWorld and Mocha \:\) , something broken or dismantled like the gong
Here some little things I have noticed:

(PS: Sorry for the word "top" putting twice in the little note \:\/ )
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 10:50 AM

Well, it is nice we can get glimpses, even if it is only a tease ... just makes you want to buy it more LOL!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 12:27 PM

Knowing Arthur, he will read this debate and swiftly change the programming so if it was a chimney or a niche for an idol it'll now become something completely different, just to surprise people. He's evil that way.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 01:08 PM

\:o If you're right that would be !!!
But it will delay the realization of VV3!!! \:\( \:\( \:\(
(So both Gamey and me will be wrong!! \:D )

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 03:08 PM

Knowing Arthur, he will read this debate and swiftly change the programming so if it was a chimney or a niche for an idol it'll now become something completely different, just to surprise people. He's evil that way.

Yep! That sounds like our Arthur

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 06:24 PM

Quote:
Knowing Arthur, he will... change the programming... (to) something completely different... He's evil that way.

That would be most unfair. That would be like buying a black stallion on eBay and getting a gray, old, nag.
Arthur. Do not change it. Resist the devil on your shoulder and listen to the angel on the other one... Yes, you have an angel on the other shoulder. You may have missed him, but he's there. \:D LOL

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 06:38 PM

Arthur. Do not change it. Resist the devil on your shoulder and listen to the angel on the other one... Yes, you have an angel on the other shoulder. You may have missed him, but he's there. \:D LOL

\:o Yes , resist and listen this one: You know, it's too late to change anythings!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 06:45 PM

Wow! You all see two screen shots, analyze them in minute detail, come up with all sorts of fanciful possibilities, and then accuse Arthur of being evil?!? C'mon!

Just enjoy the screen shots. You might just hurt his feelings with all those accusations. \:o

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 06:57 PM

O no! No one means to hurt our Beloved Arthur's feelings. \:o We love you Arthur *Hugs*Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us. \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 07:02 PM

\:o Barbara, I hope that Arthur is able to understand that Arnie, Gamey, Mocha and I are joking!! And we do not accuse him of anything bad!! \:o
Anyway, to "come up with all sorts of fanciful possibilities" is the only thing we can do while we are waiting for VV3

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 07:11 PM

Of course! That's the fun of sneak peeks - trying to figure out what they might be! Just don't get too attached to your ideas (and get disappointed, or worse, when you're wrong), since you won't know for sure until the game is released!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 07:22 PM

LOL Don't worry, I'm not so attached to these ideas! I have confidence in the LDW team for having a lot of other ideas that couldn't not disappointed me!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 07:54 PM

I just want to say that I think Arthur is the coolest and I would never truely accuse him of an evil heart. We were just playing around. As far as speculations are concerned, that is all they are, speculations. I had posted earlier above that we really will not know what is what until we actually play the game and will probably say "Boy! Was I off on that one" . This was just a debate brought on for fun. I am sure others will agree that we appreciate the sneak peek.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 08:05 PM

Just to confirm, I was only joking when I said Arthur was evil, hence my smiley. He's not really evil, just mischievous. ;\)
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/13/08 10:10 PM

And a darn good programmer ... truly VV2 has been one of the best sim games I have ever played ... the interaction is fantastic and for those who see it, a wonderful teacher as well! Where else to learn the lessons of PATIENCE, and it even strokes our compassion meters with the problems it encounters. You can even learn alot about yourself with how you deal with it ... Kudos!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/17/08 08:25 PM

There is no doubt that Arthur is extremely talented and creative, on a level I can't even comprehend - and also WAY too good at keeping secrets.

And I am also positive that we will never be disappointed in the games! It may not be something we expected, but it will still intrigue us and fascinate us and capture our imaginations and drag us into the games. No disappointment involved. Just another wish list for the next game.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/17/08 10:31 PM

Interesting comments humm \:\)
Posted by: ArthurAdministrator

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/18/08 09:09 PM

Just changed everything lol

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/18/08 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Arthur

GASP! AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH! WHAT HAVE WE DONE?
//16139 registered forum users pass out simultaneously//

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/18/08 09:53 PM

Was that the great disturbance I felt in the force? 16,139 registered forum users passing out simultaneously? I thought it was just heartburn. Oh what shall we be given when VV3 comes out? Maybe, like in the movie Tron, we get sucked into the computer to live amongst the villagers. I get to be Obi!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/18/08 10:02 PM

Arthur! You didn't?!!!!*Mocha faints* *Few moments later, Mocha comes to* Oh Arthur....say it ain't so

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/19/08 08:57 AM

\:o
But, please, could you keep the pitcher plant? ( ;\) )
Posted by: Crazy VV3 Fan

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/23/08 07:06 AM

Noooo! How could you! For one thing THIS is not funny. \:\(

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 02/23/08 05:25 PM

YEAH! DONT CHAGE THE FORT! EVERYONE< RIOT!
Posted by: Midnightgypsy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/02/08 02:57 AM

Arthurs Revenge!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/02/08 03:51 AM

GET HIM!!! GRRRR

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/02/08 05:14 PM

I hear the beginning of beethoven's 5th

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/02/08 05:57 PM

LoL I think this is EXACTLY why Arthur was laughing (and probably still is \:D ) He knew how we were going to react \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/06/08 01:20 PM

so when does it gets realesed are in the beta fase

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/06/08 01:41 PM

Look here for the answer. \:\)
Posted by: halidog

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/08/08 12:57 AM

What month should we be expecting VV3?

Also, why does it seem that nobody wants to work on it anymore? The progress bar is at 80 percent and has just been staying there for the past week or so.
Posted by: poofy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/09/08 03:50 PM

I noticed its at 80% but do we have a date. Im impatient. I just love these games I play both of them.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/09/08 03:59 PM

What is the date?
Posted by: Kryzma116

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/09/08 04:06 PM

I am glad to see that I am not the only one... I have vowed to call in sick, if I can't get off! Have not called in sick in 10 years, except when I broke my toe!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/09/08 05:39 PM

We don't even know the date yet. Spring 2008 is what we are aiming for. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/09/08 06:38 PM

Oh, thanks
Posted by: Bonny

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/09/08 07:43 PM

sigh

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/10/08 12:10 AM

I am sure everyone is counting the days. Everyone loves this game. I know I never get tired of it. You guys can put a great game together. I hope there will be more to come. You have a lot of fans out there.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/13/08 05:57 PM

i hope it comes out on 13 april then i have birthday

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/13/08 07:32 PM

Yay! It raised 10% \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/14/08 02:01 PM

Its at 90 now,Whoo hooo.I am so excited.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/14/08 09:48 PM

So exited!! Can't wait to play the game.
Posted by: EmilyJud

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/14/08 09:53 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
It's at 90. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/16/08 12:39 AM

I NEED IT I NEED IT!
Posted by: kyle24

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/16/08 02:22 PM

we all need it lol were just going to wait my aun't and I want it so badly i keep telling her its going to be soon but i'm always wrong I bet you all one thing it won't be april 4th or 5th.
Posted by: Happy Pixie

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/16/08 08:57 PM

90%, that rocks! I Can't wait!
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/16/08 10:00 PM

definatley
Posted by: SnakesRock

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/17/08 12:09 AM

Is VV3 going to be released to us closer to like April or July?
I cant wait much longer!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/18/08 11:35 PM

probably like April, May, or late March.
Posted by: Vict0ria

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/19/08 04:35 AM

Well it's at 90% now (yay!!) so im guessing that it wil be done around... like... April! I CANNOT WAIT!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/19/08 07:39 PM

i hope it doesn't take too long to get to Big Fish games! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/19/08 11:45 PM

big fish willget it first

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 12:52 AM

90 percent for Virtual Villagers: The Secret City!
I just cant wait!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 01:38 AM

I just wish it would be done now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: JulieAnn

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 02:07 AM

Is the release of VV3:TSC kinda like the apocalypse? It will happen when no one is expecting it??

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 02:11 AM

I just hope I can order it through snail mail with a check instead of without a credit card.I don't got one.I can'y wait to play it.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 03:41 AM

I cant wait for VV3! The Secret City is an awesome name! I hope the actual game is as good as the title.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 04:17 AM

I LOVE you little guy with the sign it is too cool. !!!!
Posted by: s h a k l e

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 12:37 PM

Secret city?? They'r villagers, not citizens! Maybe secret village?? That would be great, but secret city?? No... \:\)
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 02:17 PM

Who started this rumor? I don't see where Carla, Arthur or Barbara have released the name of VV3.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 02:25 PM

http://www.virtualvillagers.com/ \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 03:12 PM

Thsnka midnight!

It says the name now on the previews page...

As far as secret city goes I think
Its awesome! They found an
anchient and (possibly)abandoned
City!! Sweet!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 07:09 PM

Thanks, Barbara, I went on the LDW Previews and didn't see it there.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 07:12 PM

Tmac had to direct me to the site before I found it!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 07:26 PM

I am with JulieAnn, Shakle,

From the screen shots it looks to be an abandoned city. Maybe something like the ruins of the Inca's who had a thriving society that is no longer. There is an underground shot in one of the previews so this city might be underground. In this case, "Secret City" would be most appropriate. \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 07:28 PM

Ooooh, this is starting to sound like Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne....

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 08:27 PM

i know what you mean, krystal.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 08:51 PM

Yay! Gamey's with me! \:\) Did you hear(read) that... he's with me! \:\)
Posted by: naty1dnt44

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 10:41 PM

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? *DELETED* - 03/20/08 10:44 PM

Post deleted by JulieAnn

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 10:46 PM

I agree Gamemastr1 .. My mistake. Sorry.. Someone post picture of some city and that's what I didn't like.. Looks like NY. But that was in some other topic.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/20/08 11:10 PM

That was from a fan fiction.. It was an awesome picture.. but yeah.. no one expects VV3 to look like that \:\)

Posted by: soccerluva22

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/22/08 05:13 PM

I like your little villager, JulieAnn! You should put that in Fan Art...unless you have already. I can't wait for VV3 either. But you guys take as long as you need to. I'm patient in most cases ;\) The longer it takes the better it is!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/22/08 05:15 PM

Why dont you just order it through this website. I ordered VV2 from here. It cost the same as it does through anyone else. Its better than bigfish. The prices are all the same. But I trust this site more than bighfish.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 03:04 AM

actually, i can get my games thru BF for 6.99 with a subscription (to buy a certian amt of games in a specified number of months... not too shabby... (they are all 6.99)
Posted by: emri

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 01:07 PM

I am amember of shockwave.I will have to wait until they put it on their website,before i can play the whole game.I can download it from ldw,and play it for 1hour.I hope i can play it.I have a 900 GHZ processor,most games now use a 1.0 GHZ processor.I am saving for a new computer,but it will take a while.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 01:25 PM

VV3 plays about the same as VV1 and VV2 on the 800MHz Pentium III in my lab. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 01:58 PM

Thank you Lady CFII.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 02:40 PM

ladyCFII must be one of those chemests lol she probably makes alien villagers to if were lucky we might see one on the posts just kidding lady.
Posted by: gamer246

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 03:37 PM

its ment to be out within the next 2 weeks =vv3 \:o

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 03:50 PM

No it's not. \:\)
Posted by: cburgavonlady1

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 03:55 PM

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE RELEASE OF VV3. I AM TRULY ADDICTED TO BOTH VV1 & VV2. I ALSO HAVE PLANT TYCOON TOO. BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE VV1 & VV2 ARE ALOT MORE EXCITING TO PLAY. IS THERE AN ESTIMATE OF HOW MUCH LONGER ITS GONNA BE BEFORE VV3 IS FINISHED? WEEKS, MONTHS? THANKS. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 04:00 PM

Nothing more definite than Spring 2008.
Posted by: cburgavonlady1

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 04:01 PM

GREAT THANKS LADYCFII
Posted by: DunGoneCraZ

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/24/08 04:48 PM

I am so excited. I can't wait. But take your time I can wait for it to be perfect.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/25/08 04:10 AM

{{TICK}} {{TICK}} {{TICK}} {{TICK}} {{TICK}}
That's my life passing by as I wait for VV3. I am getting more gray with each tick of the clock. \:D
Posted by: Mishe

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 01:58 PM

Has Beta testing started????

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 02:16 PM

No
Posted by: Hannah G

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 02:18 PM

I can't wait for VV3 to come out. I'm literally chewing my hair!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 03:53 PM

Like the rest of you, I am anxiously awaiting the release of VV3; I found something to do while I wait.

It is something that many do not do anymore.

It is something that makes you use your imagination.

It is something that can educate you or just satisfy you.

READ -- READ A BOOK!!

Right now I'm reading Rhett Butler's People. The book is great and is written to coincide with events from GWTW, the book not the movie.
Posted by: Happy Pixie

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 04:25 PM

How do you become a Beta tester?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Britney Brit
90 percent for Virtual Villagers: The Secret City!
I just cant wait!

Where on the forums did they say it will be called "The Secret City"?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 04:34 PM

Here, on the Preview page!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 04:40 PM

Oh! Ok! I like that name alot! It sounds really adventurous and dangerous and really really FUN!!! I hope it has a lot of ruins and stuff in it that the villagers have to study and rebuild. I wonder where the secret passage way is on VV2. Maybe its through the mosiac like someone posted earlier. Or maybe its behind the gong. Or...or maybe it's behind the waterfall. I CAN'T WAAAAIIIIT!!!

P.S. Sorry, sometimes I get a little over excited. But it looks so exciting!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 04:52 PM

It's sooooooooo cool because in my suggestions, i said that there should be RUINS! That was probably my idea! I AM SO EXCITED NOW! MORE THAN EVER!!!!!!!! BAH!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Hannah G
I can't wait for VV3 to come out. I'm literally chewing my hair!

I would be too but I don't have enough hair (see avatar)! \:\) I'll have to settle for metaphorical chewing instead. ;\) Come to think of it, I suppose I could chew the hairs in my beard ...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 08:01 PM

Eeeeew, Arnie!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 08:28 PM

I love the Title of the new game; makes me think of the movie, "Journay to the Center of the Earth."
Posted by: chanz

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 09:43 PM

there are beta testers.. how does one get to do that??? and if there is a list to be one I want to be on it...

** jumping up an down in the back waving my hands like a lunitic.....

chanz..:grin*

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 09:50 PM

Please see this post.
Posted by: TG3

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/26/08 11:53 PM

I cant wait 4 vv3!i need it to come out now!all i know is that vv3 is coming out this spring!:(i just need to know the EXACT date on when it comes out!:(

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/27/08 01:44 AM

sometime this spring! i hope its really really really soon!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/27/08 04:42 AM

i want vv3 to come out NOW!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/27/08 04:42 AM

when will it come out?
Posted by: Nighthawk25

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/27/08 04:48 AM

LadyCFII said that the most definate answer they can give right now is Spring 2008. There hasn't been an exact date given yet.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 03/28/08 02:52 AM

I can't waitttttt
Posted by: Chaitanya

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/01/08 02:02 PM

Since last two week progress bar stuck at 90% \:\( We badly want this game.. \:D

after release VV3 plz start making VV4 and then VV5 and then VV6 ... ... \:\) so we dont need to wait that long... \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 07:57 AM

Can we have more screenshot of games plz... Lady \:D
Posted by: Trin

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 10:07 AM

*waiting patiently*

(*grin*)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 10:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Trin
*waiting patiently*

(*grin*)

my calm is almost gone :P
Posted by: jennifermadi

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 06:35 PM

Has the BETA testing started yet?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 06:50 PM

No.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 06:55 PM

:sigh:

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 07:14 PM

sigh..

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/02/08 08:34 PM

Please can we finally get this game up and running?? :-) ?????

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/03/08 09:35 PM

Is it 91%, 93%? lol
Posted by: Serafinos

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/03/08 10:27 PM

****tongue hanging down to floor panting with intense frothing****
Patience? What's that?
****pacing feverishly****
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
****pulling hair out*****
****biting nails*****
****back to pacing*****

No problem- we'll wait - patiently! Just excited! lolol
:D:D:D
xoxoxoxoxo

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 01:57 AM

My Grandson and I both love this game. He spends most holidays with me and each visit he asks... Is vv3 ready yet?? He was just here over Easter vacation and I had to say.. No not yet.. But I'm sure it will be soon... hahah :-) Geeeezzzzzz how much longer can I lie??

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 03:11 AM

WHOOOOOOOOOO 95%!!
Posted by: vh713

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 03:16 AM

Glad to see 95%. VV3 gets closer & closer.

vh713

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 03:19 AM

New Statistics.

At there current pace vv3 will be done on 4/13/2008. That is if 100% is done and out and they keep the same pace.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 05:12 AM

Woo hoo! Sooooo close... eeeeeeeeeek.... lolol \:\/
Posted by: Nighthawk25

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 05:16 AM

Yep! And I so can't wait!! hehe

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 07:25 AM

95% WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: jennifermadi
Is it 91%, 93%? lol

95%

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 04:12 PM

I wonder if Beta testing will begin very soon?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/04/08 04:17 PM

yes i wonder ............. ;\)
Posted by: sherbear1224

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 02:34 PM

It took almost 3 weeks to go from 90% to 95%. SO it should be in another week or two. Can't wait, bring it on.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 06:10 PM

Originally Posted By: computer3gold
New Statistics.

At there current pace vv3 will be done on 4/13/2008. That is if 100% is done and out and they keep the same pace.

Good statistics... but unrealistic unfortunately. \:\(

One must keep in mind that the last five percent is when beta testing comes out, which can last anywhere from one month to three months, maybe even longer if there are some major issues to work out.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Houjun

Good statistics... but unrealistic unfortunately. \:\(

One must keep in mind that the last five percent is when beta testing comes out, which can last anywhere from one month to three months, maybe even longer if there are some major issues to work out.

very true houjun but 95% is still very encouraging

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 08:00 PM

Yes, 95% is very encouraging... I just don't want any of the young'uns to think it'll definitely be out in a couple weeks and then be disappointed when it's not. \:\)

But let's be celebrating that it's (more than likely) in beta testing mode right now! \:D
Posted by: Jenmarenc

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 09:47 PM

Closer and closer. I have been playing VV1 and VV2 again in antipication but instead of pacifying me it is making me more impatient lol:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 10:16 PM

Now that it is 95% completed, is it in beta testing now? Does anyone know for sure? \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 10:21 PM

Well, the game creators and the beta testers know! lololol

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/05/08 10:21 PM

you all are for getting the beta stage that will take more time.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/08/08 05:48 AM

Is it 91%, 93%? lol

95%

Even better Arnie - thanks!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/08/08 05:50 AM

I think if the beta testing is done by the fans it shouldn't take more than 3 days (ha ha)- if I was doing it I wouldn't leave my computer until I beat the game! lol
Posted by: GreenCandy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 08:40 AM

ok keep in mind im a newbie here-

but where does it tell you the % completed??
Posted by: Poet 11

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 08:59 AM

Yay its 95 percent! i hope beta testing doesnt take too long becase i cant wait!
Posted by: Spyrodragooon

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 09:26 AM

I have VV1 en VV2 already finished 5 times, I can't play it anymore, It is to boring for playing for 6th time. I have done the easy, normal and Hard mode.

So I hope it will come out soon, I cant wait anymorg\e

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: GreenCandy

go to Virtual Villagers Previews
Scroll down and it will tell you \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: GreenCandy

Scroll down the page and click on "Last Day of Work Main Site" at the right bottom, then on the top: "Preview". \:\)
Posted by: Athena420

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 05:30 PM

Any clue on a release date yet?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 08:51 PM

I have a feeling we won't get one at all - just one day it'll be there released.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/09/08 09:44 PM

I have a feeling we won't get one at all - just one day it'll be there released.
I've been thinking the same thing.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/10/08 09:35 AM

Yup. Even at the last minute someone might find a serious _bug_ that means more work is needed. For that reason they'll not announce the release until they are sure it's ready.
Posted by: Poyo!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/10/08 05:05 PM

Yuppers, Arnie'z right. It grew about 5% from March to April? So if there are no more buggies that show up, then maybe VV3 will be out in May!

Maybe.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/10/08 06:43 PM

I hope so.
I also hope I'll have $20.00 when it does come out.
Posted by: Akamu

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/10/08 11:31 PM

I'm saying June 20; the day before the Summer Solsitce. I don't really care when it comes out, as long as I'm not like 100 when it comes. When people hurry, they often make mistakes.

Actually, I will get it even later than that because then I am going to Florida. 8\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/11/08 07:45 PM

Well we have a cool pic of it in the front page so that will keep me satisfied for two days.
Posted by: kjc51

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/11/08 08:20 PM

Still waiting. I hope the games comes out soon I'm having DT's.
Posted by: soccerluva22

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/11/08 10:54 PM

\:\) I'm so excited for VV3!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: toxicsteweater
I'm saying June 20; the day before the Summer Solsitce. I don't really care when it comes out, as long as I'm not like 100 when it comes. When people hurry, they often make mistakes.

Actually, I will get it even later than that because then I am going to Florida. 8\)

My birthday is June 20

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 12:42 AM

We should have a pool on this. Everybody pick the date they think the game comes out and when it actually does, then somebody wins. That would be fun.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 01:32 AM

No, that's not a good idea. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 01:48 AM

I only order through this website. They are the only ones I trust. Ive ordered VV2, fish tycoon and plant tycoon. These are the only games I play. I just wish they would hurry with VV3. Its at 95% now. Please hurry.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 02:21 PM

Have you seen these 2 new pics at the bottom of this page's screen? Well I guess they're new, cuz i havn't seen them. I have seen the first 4 but not the last 2. I CAN'T WAIT FOR VV3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/129409/page/1#Post129409
Posted by: lilithevemc

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 03:53 PM

here's a question..we are all like kids waiting for Santa. just how old are you all. i know i can't wait..i only have two games i love vv and eveyond. but i would just like to know how many of us are well not kids.

i am 38.

lilitheveMC

ps. what is your other fav game?
Posted by: melizrod

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 05:09 PM

Lilith,
A lot of us are, well, not kids. LOL! Take a look at this poll.
Mary

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/32252/page/1#Post32252

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 07:18 PM

I just turned 30, I'll admit it lol
Posted by: granny_smith

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/12/08 07:21 PM

I,m 39 and can't wait for vv3 lol
Posted by: casjoejen

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 02:16 AM

Hi my name is Nicole I was on here about an hour ago I have 3 kids and we are all eagerly awaiting VV3, we look up the percentage everyday to see if it has gone up, it is so exciting, the games are so addicting, Out whole family plays it is great.
Posted by: casjoejen

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 02:18 AM

Hi I am not a kid I am 37 and absolutely love VV games
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 02:36 AM

I'll be 31 this year, and I, too, have been haunting the forums, watching and waiting for VV3! *giggles*
Posted by: Llulabell

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 03:38 AM

I am a 36 year old kid! I love both VV's and Plant Tycoon. My family says I pay more attention to my "little people" and plants than I do to them
Posted by: Durinda

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 03:59 AM

I am 60 years old and am waiting anxiously for VV3. I have played 1 & 2 forever it seems. Can't wait for the game to be released.

Kid at heart
Dee
Posted by: diddles

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 04:27 AM

I always use a coupon to get 20% off the price
Posted by: rfolts1052

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 01:05 PM

I am 45 and I love vv1 and vv2,plant tycoon and fish tycoon. I too am waiting and checking everyday to see if vv3 is out. I hope it will be soon, however my family want like it cause they say I spend all my time taking care of my villagers and plants instead of them. O well they will live.
Posted by: connie9892

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 01:52 PM

I am 67 and waiting very impatiently for VV3.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 02:50 PM

I'm 14 and I can't wait for VV3!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 03:21 PM

I m 85 Year old grand pa... and i cant wait for VV3... those guys give me heart attact if they r not going to release VV3 soon lol ;\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/13/08 11:29 PM

Is it in beta testing yet?? I am 45 and can't wait, it's like waiting for Santa!!!!!
Posted by: AmyS

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/14/08 12:32 AM

Just popped in to see how much longer.Hee hee.... soon...yay!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/14/08 04:47 AM

95% yipee!! all we know is soon \:\)
Posted by: Angelxx

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/14/08 05:02 PM

Wasnt it supposed to be released by the 13th? did it got pushed back a week or 2? >.>
Posted by: Meems

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/14/08 05:40 PM

I'm 54 and I've been taking care of a lot of home projects put off for toooo long while caught up in Plant tycoon and VV1 and 2. It helps make the waiting pass by faster.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/14/08 07:47 PM

I am 50 and getting the house ready for my hubby's home coming from Iraq in two days. As excitied as I am about VV3 being released...Beloved's coming home is more so
Posted by: TexGal2108

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/14/08 08:03 PM

How do you know about 95% ?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/15/08 01:12 AM

Those are real cool pictures. It looks interesting. I think it will be even better than the other two games. I wish it would hurry up and get finished.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/15/08 01:13 AM

At the beginning it shows all three games. If you click on VV3 it will show its at 95% complete

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/15/08 02:28 AM

Unfortunately it's not showing a percentage anymore - jumping right to forum link.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/15/08 02:30 AM

You don't see the percentage by clicking on the big picture link. You need to click on PREVIEWS.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/16/08 06:20 PM

Figured that out today, thanks Krystal

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/16/08 11:14 PM

I think the reason why you guys dont see the three pictures is I have the weblink in my fvorites so when I come to the website it shows all three pictures and you click on VV and itcomes up with preview pictures and it shows the percentage and than just clink on the suggestions. Sorry I thought it was automatic. Anyway its still at 95%

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/19/08 09:17 PM

how much longer can't wait any more i had my birthday already and i hped so much that it was relaesed at my birthday
Posted by: cbpeanut49

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/19/08 09:32 PM

Real Arcade has VV3 "coming soon a little later" after April 24th. Unless they made arrangements to get it as soon as it's released (not typical of Real Arcade) I think we're going to get it soon. I can't wait either.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/26/08 01:17 AM

Oh my Gosh!!! Its 99% complete! Oh I hope its done tomorrow!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/26/08 01:17 AM

Sorry, $@m, not likely.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/26/08 05:19 AM

do you guys know how long beta testing usually takes?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/26/08 05:21 PM

Then I hope its done next week! That would be awesome!
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 07:05 AM

Beta testing usually takes a while!
The amount of time it takes depends on how long it takes (each beta tester) to run as many senarios as possible, to solve every puzzle, get many events (not sure how many LDW requires), and getting as many glitches out as possible. They need to check the graphics, the puzzles, the events, the emergence, etc. There are a lot of factors that go into this process. Then for any glitch that is discovered, they have to fix it.
It could be soon... it could be months....
One thing you can count on, they will do a GREAT JOB!! \:D
Posted by: Bom

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 09:21 AM

I agree! It just HAS to be a great job!
Posted by: Akamu

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 01:08 PM

My guess is within the next month, maybe even sooner. And HappyPlayer, haven't they been doing beta testing for a while? \:\)
Posted by: Miyazaki

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 03:02 PM

VV3 may come out on May 20 because if you press on the little calender,you go to the bottom were it says april and change it to may 2008 and the 20 is white.
Posted by: Kanakha

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 05:36 PM

Well that may be, but when you go June it does the same thing for the 14th ;\)

Edit: le omgz! You're from Glendale!
Posted by: KilloDill

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 06:34 PM

99% 99% 99% omg
Posted by: An81angel

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 06:40 PM

I'm so excited ... it's 99% done. Does that mean it will be out at the begining of May? Possibly on May 2nd, it's a Friday. Just speculation of course.
Posted by: Miyazaki

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 08:02 PM

I hope !!!!!!
Posted by: renaweir

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/27/08 10:31 PM

It seems that the closer we get to the release of VV3, the longer the wait becomes.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/28/08 01:14 PM

Honestly put it, I dont think LDW is going to realease the game when its at 100 percent. Theyre gonna wait a while before realease, maybe

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/28/08 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Britney Brit
Honestly put it, I dont think LDW is going to realease the game when its at 100 percent. Theyre gonna wait a while before realease, maybe
I think you're right. It will take a while I think, they still have to arrange for all that stuff, like with Big Fish Games and everything else. I think it will take a while between the finish date and the release date.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/28/08 09:01 PM

Maybe so, but if it was my business, and if I had a progress meter ... I would include the time it takes to set BigFish up with the game, etc.
Posted by: Tobie

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/28/08 09:17 PM

Geez! It's amazing how much stuff people make up in here about VV3. I'm sure LDW knows how to update a progress bar. They said Spring 2008. Carla said they won't give us an exact date. I'm not the most patient person, either, but I don't think it helps anyone to make stuff up. People just get upset over nothing. \:o

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/28/08 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Jose Yanez
VV3 may come out on May 20 because if you press on the little calender,you go to the bottom were it says april and change it to may 2008 and the 20 is white.

As far as I can tell, the "blank" dates on the calendar just mean there are no birthdays or events on that day.

To answer another common topic here, Beta testing can be fairly short or VERY long. It just all depends on how many glitches the testers find that have to be fixed.

Finally, Carla has already stated that the game will be "soft released" here first. That means we who are active forum members will have 1st chance to grab it up! I personally check the home page each day to see if it's available yet! Don't worry! I'm sure if you check the forums daily, like many of us, that you will know exactly what day it is available! It will be the hottest topic in the forums that day! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/28/08 10:50 PM

Sometimes I wonder if they were actually doing beta testing when it was 95% because it took forever (like 3-4 weeks) for it to change to 99%.
Posted by: number1storm

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: An81angel
I'm so excited ... it's 99% done. Does that mean it will be out at the begining of May? Possibly on May 2nd, it's a Friday. Just speculation of course.

Well, one thing some one could do, (if they were so motivated, I'm not) is go through the forums and see if there is a certain day of the week that the other games were released on.
I found where it looks like VV2 was released on a Fri, but that's all I could find.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 03:34 AM

I can't wait! 99% done! I know theres still beta testing but I can't help being excited!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Tobie
Geez! It's amazing how much stuff people make up in here about VV3. I'm sure LDW knows how to update a progress bar. They said Spring 2008. Carla said they won't give us an exact date. I'm not the most patient person, either, but I don't think it helps anyone to make stuff up. People just get upset over nothing. \:o
There is nothing wrong with a little speculation about a game that we're exited about and know is coming out soon. ;\) That is one reason why people come here, to get other people's opinions about it. If we're that way off that someone will get upset, then I'm sure one of the moderators will set us straight. 8\)
I don't think that people deliberately lie or anything here, so I really don't see the harm. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 03:07 PM

I have seen people put specific release dates in here or state things as fact that are way off base. I've seen people yell at us because the game wasn't released on April 13th, for example. We are very busy working on trying to get VV3 ready for all of you, and we don't have time to correct every erroneous statement that people make here. I've even received private messages asking about things that were said here, which take time to answer. It's really wonderful that everyone is so excited about VV3, but it really would help us out a lot if you all could avoid saying things that make more work for us and take us away from working on VV3. \:D
Posted by: Jonesy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 03:47 PM

I too am eagerly awaiting VV3 and am happy to see the bar at 99%.
I would rather wait till August if it means that all the bugs were out of the game then play a game that was rushed out and had to stop playing due to problems that could hace been fixed in the testing. Any chance of seeing any more screenshots.
Posted by: Jenmarenc

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 06:29 PM

You go Lady!! All of us should just let them get their work done and when it comes out, it comes out. Speculation is fine and all but we need to leave the game makers alone, this way it will speed up the release process:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Tobie

First off I want to explain why my current post is so long. It's because I want to make sure that people don't misunderstand my meaning. I don't have the skill to convey my thoughts w/ concise and clear phrasing ... so long ones are what I end up w/.

What did I "make-up"? I simply speculated on a date. Speculation is nothing more than an educated guess. And since this thread is titled "When can we expect VV3 to be released?" my speculatory release date is something to be expected, but not meant to be taken as fact. And why bring Carla into this. Her, saying that she wont give us an exact date, does not mean I am not allowed to speculate on a date, and that I am not allowed to put my speculation on the board for others to speculate on. And if such a thing is frowned on, then this entire thread, and any like it, should be removed/banned from the forums all together by the administrators.

As far as my comment on the progress bar goes, I was just saying that if I was in LDW's position ... I would pool all the time (including the presentation to other companies etc.) into the progress bar's overall calculation. That way the percentage would reflect an approximate time for the products release. It would be confusing, in my opinion, not to include such information into the time calculation. For instance, if the progress bar is only for game production time, but does not include game release time people might get confused and frustrated thinking that the game is going to be release the second it has finished its production run. My thought is a basic assumption that many other post-ers may or may not have come up with on their own, I just put mine up for viewing. I was in no way shape or form implying that LDW does not know how to update their progress bar.

Spring, of any given year, is three months. People who are easily excitable (like me) enjoy and fret over possible release dates ... it's just what we do. We need a place to vent our ecstatic anticipation, or else we feel we might bust open. That is what I thought this particular thread was all about ... a place for me to debate dates w/ other like-minded VV enthusiast. Your post makes me feel as though I have done something wrong, even though I have not. And now, some silly thought in the back of my head, is of me expecting to get a reprimand from a representative of LDW about a speculative comment. Speculative ... repeat after me ... speculative.

Further more, you say that "people just get upset over nothing, but how can you expect me not to be annoyed when you're implying that my comments don't help anyone, and that I "make stuff up"? Your comments on my post (the post that you replied off of which can not be seen here in this new post) seem counter productive.

Maybe you didn't mean to project your thoughts at me in particular. Maybe your post was meant as a general comment. For these reasons I want to make it clear that I am not mad at you, I am just annoyed at the way your post seems to be directed at me, and that 'said post' is not a pleasant one for me to read. And as such, this one probably will not be pleasant for you to read.

This post may seem like over kill to a lot of people, but this is just how my brain works. If I don't get my thoughts out their ... if I feel like my voice isn't fully heard and understood I will end up in a bad mood for days. So please, taking this all into account, make nice 'implication free' comments from here on out.

Thank you for taking the time to read all the way through these 'ramblings of a crazy person'. (<--- This is my attempt at making this post seem a little more friendly than I'm sure it actually came across as. Like I said, I'm not mad ... I am blunt, honest, and direct - which can come off as mad or rude.)

*** EDIT ***
I have never knowingly distracted an LDW game maker from their work, but anyhting is possible. \:\?
I envy heatherndan's ability to effortlessly say what I mean so elequently. Thank you ... your an inspiration

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 06:56 PM

First off, you should know that many people using the forums either opt for the "Quick Reply" feature at the bottom of a thread, which automatically uses the post immediately above to reply to, or they just hit the Reply button in the last post for convenience. I wouldn't get too upset about that.

To address your concerns about the progress bar, we do consider everything when updating it. We don't always use the same percentages for every game, but the progress bar is intended to give our fans some idea of when the game will be released.

There have been a lot of valid points made here. As far as speculation and debate is concerned, it's all good until it starts creating extra work for us. Then it's not as much fun. \:\)
Posted by: Complexity

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonesy
I would rather wait till August if it means that all the bugs were out of the game then play a game that was rushed out...

My thoughts exactly. \:\)

I enjoy the games, but they are simply games. The people writing the software are people just like the rest of us. They have families, other interests, and lives of their own outside of writing the code for the software. It's great there is so much enthusiasm — which is an excellent sign of a game's popularity — but part of the fun of waiting IS the anticipation of waiting (okay, it is for me! \:\) ). It's like being a kid again just waiting for Christmas morning to finally come (if you "do" Christmas). If it all happens too fast, then you lose the fun of the build-up that the anticipation creates.

I am thankful that those who design and code the software are SO very much involved and in touch with us. That is not very common. Most of the time those who own the software are not heard from on a board; rather, only volunteer moderators do what they can to keep things in line. Here, you can actually speak to someone in charge of the actual games! Kudos to LDW for being so gracious to give us such a wonderful opportunity!

I'm very much looking forward to VV3, but while I wait, I continue to enjoy VV2 by finding new ways to explore the game. There are always more to explore than what meets the eye. ;\)

As far as bugs are concerned, envision what it would be like for VV3 to finally be released, you get all excited and begin playing, get halfway through, and the whole thing crashes due to an unforeseen _bug_. Now that would not be fun at all! Talk about people getting mad! So it is in everyone's best interest that LDW takes all the time it needs — even if it's very hard to wait — so they can release a game that meets all of our high expectations. If that means taking longer to release VV3, then so be it.

Hey, I'm just happy that there will be a VV3 at all! \:D

BTW, An81angel, you expressed yourself very well. I understood you completely. Keep enjoying the fun (and frustration!) of waiting, anticipating, and speculating. It's all good. 8\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 10:00 PM

I would prefer for VV3 to come out soon, but not if it means having many bugs in it.
Posted by: HarryFan17

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 10:05 PM

I agree with halidog 100%. why would anyone want to play a game that shuts off after a certain point or that you can never win because of glitches?
Posted by: Antheia

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 10:52 PM

Yeah...
I dont like glitches in games.
I have a game and it has a glitch.:(
At least I THINK it does.I followed EVERY guide online and my thing wont work!!
Anyways,I think that you should have a game with ZIPTO glitches later, than a one sooner that has glitches.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 11:03 PM

Sounds like it's time for a sing-along!

Okay, everyone sing with me...

Anticipation
by J. Mascis & the Fog (VV3 version by Complexity)

We-e... can never know about the release date to come
Bu-ut... we, we think about them anywaaa-a-ay
And I wonder... if VV3 will be released now
Or will it be released some fi-i-i-ner day

Anticipation
Anticip-a-a-tion
Is making me wait
Is keeping me wai-a-a-a-a-a-tin'

\:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 11:05 PM

I also agree with halidog. I have several games that have glitches in them, and I get really frustrated when they turn off for no reason.
I'd rather LDW take their time making VV3 good and glitch free
Posted by: Wisegirl

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/29/08 11:09 PM

this is taking too long!!!!!
Posted by: lilminxx

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 04:22 PM

So LadyCFII, when can we expect 100% complete vv3 please

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 04:26 PM

When the game is done - sometime in Spring 2008, northern hemisphere. \:\)
Posted by: lilminxx

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 04:33 PM

Well forget about kids lol,i'm a mum of four children and bets i get to make my first chars ;\)
Posted by: fjf

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 05:23 PM

99% still, surely there is a release date for VV3, it is nearly a year since they announced the game.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 05:31 PM

We officially announced development of VV3 here, on February 6th of this year (2008). By my calculations, that's less than 3 months ago. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 09:32 PM

[quote=An81angel*** EDIT ***
I have never knowingly distracted an LDW game maker from their work, but anyhting is possible. \:\?
I envy heatherndan's ability to effortlessly say what I mean so elequently. Thank you ... your an inspiration [/quote]
Thank you very much, Angel. \:\) I really didn't see anything wrong with what you said at all. After all, if speculating a date is not allowed, then there shouldn't be a thread like this. And I personnally feel that anything said here shouldn't be taken seriously, either(unless of course it is said by an official of the forum). There is no reason for hurt feelings in a forum as friendly as this one is. \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 10:06 PM

Some of you obviously didn't read what LadyCFII wrote a few pages back. And I'm also sorry if I said anything that slowed it down. I'll just keep on Playing VV2 until VV3 comes out. But that's one cool thing about it. I never get board with VV1 or VV2. And from the pictures we've gotten about VV3, it will deffinately be the best one yet.
Posted by: Petra

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 10:51 PM

Complexity, I must say I really enjoy your signature. It tickles my funny bone every time I read it. I can't tell you how many times have I, myself screamed the exact same thing at my goofy builders.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 04/30/08 11:06 PM

Some of you obviously didn't read what LadyCFII wrote a few pages back. And I'm also sorry if I said anything that slowed it down. I'll just keep on Playing VV2 until VV3 comes out. But that's one cool thing about it. I never get board with VV1 or VV2. And from the pictures we've gotten about VV3, it will deffinately be the best one yet.
What do you mean? What did she write that we didn't read?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 12:46 AM

Don't worry I wasn't talking about you. it's just that she was saying they were working hard and some people were bugging them about when it's going to be done. And after that some people were still saying "its taking to long" and stuff like that. And I could tell by her replies she was getting a little annoyed.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 02:05 AM

oh, I gotcha! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 04:26 AM

soon I hope!!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Complexity
BTW, An81angel, you expressed yourself very well. I understood you completely. Keep enjoying the fun (and frustration!) of waiting, anticipating, and speculating. It's all good. 8\)

Thanks ... and I will. Have a great day.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: heatherndan
Originally Posted By: An81angel
*** EDIT ***
I envy heatherndan's ability to effortlessly say what I mean so elequently. Thank you ... your an inspiration

Thank you very much, Angel. \:\) I really didn't see anything wrong with what you said at all. After all, if speculating a date is not allowed, then there shouldn't be a thread like this. And I personnally feel that anything said here shouldn't be taken seriously, either(unless of course it is said by an official of the forum). There is no reason for hurt feelings in a forum as friendly as this one is. \:D

Thanks ... and you are totally right ... let's all have fun.
Posted by: frangipani01

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 08:40 PM

Hi all, Im new here and have no idea if im posting in the right place! Like everyone, my daughter and I are excited about the upcoming release of VV3, but we're happy to wait a bit longer to ensure it has no bugs. I've got some suggestions for a possible VV4, but will wait until VV3 arrives. Good work LDW...I'm sure you're all looking forward to a good nights sleep and a weekend off!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 08:45 PM

Hi frangipani! and welcome to the forum! I hope you'll enjoy it.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 09:34 PM

oooh, it just seems so close to being done, I am so exited. I really can't wait to play the game. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 09:54 PM

I wish the ppl of ldw would just give us a release date already. This close to the completion of the game, they should have a date set to work to already X.x
Posted by: Niki13

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 10:08 PM

when they are ready to give us a release date..they will.

i am excited too..but i think we should have a little more patience than that.

if they're still working bugs out, they may not know how long it'll take to fix them. they don't dare set a date and miss it, or else there'd be riots in the forums!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 11:08 PM

I just know that when I log on to http://www.ldw.com and then go to previews and see that it's done I'll be speechless!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/01/08 11:47 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 New Pictures at the bottom of this page!!!and it looks like weapons or something!!! And there is also a shark and an awesome tree!!!! and we finally get to see what the new border around the screen looks like!!!

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/129409/page/1#Post129409

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 12:18 AM

I know!! Isn't it awesome! Carla posted those in News and Announcements a day or two ago!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 12:24 AM

OMG I love the ocean picture \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 02:59 AM

im too excited!
Posted by: YaelleG

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 05:50 AM

Hi everyone. Know what's hilarious? I was doing my weekly checking in on VV3 progress thing and I noticed on the first or 2nd page of this forum, someone was asking waaay back in I think it was March or May of 2007 when we can expect VV3. LOLOL. And we think we're antsy now?!
I'm thinking of waiting a week after its release to start asking about 4.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 08:43 AM

lol - and the pictures are AWESOME! the coral reef one is beautiful and the other one is so mysterious...
Posted by: Sahira

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 09:35 AM

\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
\:D hahahahaha!!! I'm SOOOOOOO exited! \:D
\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 01:40 PM

And also in one of the older pictures with the girl that is sick lying down next to a table. What if that is a table just for Doctors! So they can become master doctors quicker! that was in a lot of suggestions for VV3!!!!

(But don't worry LDW. If it isn't, I won't be upset.)
Posted by: robbygirl21

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 03:08 PM

Hi everyone I'm not new here, but this is my first post! I have been as crazed as everyone else for VV3. My only wish is that even if they cannot give a release date, at least give a time! I think I'm getting carpal tunnel just from checking a 100 times all day and night!
Posted by: vvmom

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 04:01 PM

i totally agree... in fact i posted pretty much the same thing yesterday but didn't get a response yet. so yea, when it is eventually released about what time and time zone will it happen? i mean will it happen in the middle of the night? because i sometimes feel the need to check in the middle of the night when i am already up... hehe. maybe this obsession is getting a little out of control.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 04:09 PM

Carla talked about why we don't announce a release date here. It's for your own good! \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 07:35 PM

And also in one of the older pictures with the girl that is sick lying down next to a table. What if that is a table just for Doctors!

I enlarged that picture, and it seems to me to be more like an eating table of sorts. Notice the bowls and spoons. I think the rectangle things at the bottom may be menus. The stuff on the right side seems to be paper towels, ketchup and mustard, a salt shaker, and what may be something like napkins folded up with eating utensils inside as a restaurant does. I'm probably wrong on some of the stuff on the right side, but the bowls with spoons in them seems it can't be anything else.

I'm also thinking that the girl who's sick may be sick due to eating the wrong food (like a bad stew) or eating too much.

I'm now getting further and further into speculating and down-right guessing, but I could imagine a menu with various choices in which you had to select 3, and the villager would get better or worse, depending on the 3 choices selected. Or something like that.

It'll be funny to see just how far off we all are once VV3 gets released. But for now, it's fun to try to guess things from the few preview pictures we've been given! \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 07:40 PM

I don't think it's an eating place. I think I see rolled up bandages, towels or blankets, some other things I can't quite identify... and I don't think those are bowls and spoons. I think they're mortars and pestles. Like, for mixing herbs and medicines and things. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 08:24 PM

Good observation, Krystal. It was the bowls that led me to think of eating, but I think your idea is much more likely. I hadn't even thought of mortars ad pestles! That would also fit the game much better than having some kind of restaurant! \:D

Okay, I've changed my mind. Thanks, Krystal! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 08:25 PM

You're welcome!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 09:30 PM

Mortars and pestles, that's old school medicine lol

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 09:53 PM

Well, the villagers aren't really up to super-computer standards!! \:\/

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 11:01 PM

So that must meen it is a doctor's table! Yay! That's awesome! Because lot's of people had been posting suggestions for something for Doctors to do when they weren't healing the sick!

(But still, if it isn't I won't be dissapointed. Because from the other pictures it looks like an awesome game!)

And if it is. That must mean that when a person is sick, they come and lay down next to the doctors and one of them come over and heals them.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/02/08 11:51 PM

Its been at 99% for days. I have the money to buy it now. I may not later. Please hurry.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 12:52 AM

I'm sure they're going as fast as they can. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 01:35 AM

Yes we are almost finished...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 01:51 AM

Yes we are almost finished...

I like that word "almost" in there... What may be "almost" to you is not "almost" to me or vice versa. \:D

That said, don't rush yourselves. Patience makes the treat all that much better. Keep up the good work Carla and thanks for the screen shots. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 01:54 AM

Almost finished....YAY!!! \:D
Posted by: Aziza

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 02:25 AM

i'm new to the forum but i have every single game for the computer that ldw has created i can't wait for vv3 to come out - it looks like a huge map and lots of things to do - i hope it comes out in time for my birthday - my birthday is in a week so i hope it comes out then because that would be a really awesome birthday present hint hint

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 02:32 AM

Almost, does that mean that the last % is almost here, or in the general sense?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 02:33 PM

Oh I hope it means the last % is almos here! But even if it is we will probably have to wait another whole week!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 03:54 PM

Is it just me or has VV3 just recently been added to the online store at http://ldw.com/store/index.html?
Posted by: Trin

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 04:41 PM

Mmm, I don't remember seeing it there yesterday (or was that the day before?).

*waiting patiently*

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 04:45 PM

Oh man, I hope that its sign that the game is just arond the corner. (And I mean like two feet away)

Because if it hasn't been there more than a day or two then it could mean that we'll be able to download VV3 any day now!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 05:03 PM

It shows it in the store but says coming soon.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 05:04 PM

I know but just like only 2 days ago they didn't even have VV3 on the list.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 05:50 PM

Then that's a good sign \:D !

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/03/08 09:18 PM

Is it just me or has VV3 just recently been added to the online store at http://ldw.com/store/index.html?
I saw that a good week ago. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/04/08 12:52 PM

Are you serious?! Arghhh!

"Calm down. Just Breathe."

Posted by: Fergus

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 05:38 AM

my guess: time = PDT 10:00 am (for a couple of hours to get ready) day = a monday ( for maxium time before a weekend) date = (( hehe soon ))

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 09:01 AM

I saw that 10 days ago while I was looking for paypal icon \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 11:43 AM

VV2 was released on a Wednesday if I remember right.
Posted by: Lailai

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 12:36 PM

Good sign!! Yay! VV3 another step to be reasled!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 02:50 PM

I didn't mean that it was coming this Wed. just to clear that up. \:\)
Posted by: Pookie9

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 04:37 PM

According to Gametunnel.com VV1 was released on a Saturday and VV2 was released on a Thursday. Soooooooo that doesn't tell us a whole lot!!!
Posted by: Skwgle

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 06:25 PM

Has anyone realised it's Mother's day on Sunday???? hint hint!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 08:05 PM

Yes, and my birthday is 1 day after!
Posted by: Llulabell

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 09:55 PM

What a wonderful Mother's Day Present it would be!! I am hoping it doesnt come out this week though... I have family coming to visit for the Nascar race this week. (I am lucky enough to live less than a mile from the track.) I tend to be obsessive/compulsive about these games, so I just know I will end up missing the race so I can solve "just one more puzzle"

Ok, maybe I am not quite that bad, but very close!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/05/08 11:52 PM

Lol, me too \:D .

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/08 12:58 AM

OMG 99%!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/08 01:29 AM

Yea I cant wait \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/06/08 08:34 PM

None of us can...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 07:51 AM

mothers day? oh hint hint! \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 08:37 AM

Mother's day would be lovely but I'm sure even the creators would like that day off \:\) I'm sure some of them are moms!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 03:12 PM

i hope its not on mother's day because us mothers have plans for that day, which means we are probably going to be away from the computer all day, i know i am.
Posted by: rwextreme

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 04:55 PM

This thread got me completely confused, I was sitting here reading it thinking "Mothers Day, I'm sure we've already had that because I went to my son's school for lunch" after checking my diary, we have it earlier over here in England so I haven't got to rush out and get my mom a present though she too is impatiently waiting for VV3 since I got her hooked!
Posted by: knksmiles

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 05:51 PM

I agree. It is very hard to tote your computer around the zoo if it is not a laptop!!:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 05:58 PM

I think they'll release it as soon as they get everything in place — the software's ready, the store is ready, and the staff is ready to help with the initial influx of questions that always accompanies a new release of software.

I am very much looking forward to the release of VV3, but I want the staff to also have full and enriched lives without being a slave to the release date. I will enjoy the game just as much this month as the next, and on a Wednesday just as much as a Saturday.

The release of VV3 should be equally as pleasant for those who create and maintain the software as it is for us to play it. I want the staff to make certain they take time off to enjoy their families, their hobbies, and just life itself. VV3 will be finished for us all soon enough. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Complexity
• If I told you once, I've told you a thousand times... Do not examine the hut. Fix the hut! I told you to FIX it!

i totally agree complexity!!!! i hate it when they 'examine the hut'.. what is the point?!? \:\?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Bonny
i totally agree complexity!!!! i hate it when they 'examine the hut'.. what is the point?!? \:\?

I think the point is to frustrate the living heck out of us! \:D

And it works, too! \:D
Posted by: anyonebutme

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 08:31 PM

the game will hoefully be out this weekend or next week i hope

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 08:32 PM

EEEP... I know this sounds bad, but I actually hope it holds off a little bit... I'm going to vacation in a week, and have been trying my hardest not to spend all my souveneir money. I won't be able to resist VV3, though!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 09:16 PM

Maybe the release of the video means LDW is getting closer to releasing it to us. \:D
Posted by: HarryFan17

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 09:17 PM

It HAS to come out sometime in May. I get out of school then and can devote ALLLL of my time to it!
Posted by: Faeron

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SnakesRock
Maybe the release of the video means LDW is getting closer to releasing it to us. \:D

I hope so. Cause if it takes too long to come out that vid will be torture!!! Although the video is loverly.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 09:31 PM

Have you seen it? Where!
Posted by: MusicObsessed

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/08/08 09:32 PM

the video is right here! \:D

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 07:49 AM

Oh oh... Looks like another GC who is cheif which likes partys! DOOMED!

Weather??? WOW COOL!!!!

New menu bar?? Wow... that's gotta done in mothers day! YAY!!
I guess... 99.99% finished. It should be done in mothers day!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Lailai
Oh oh... Looks like another GC who is cheif which likes partys! DOOMED!...

I don't think the cheif is imortal though...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 11:18 AM

That link didn't show the video, can someone else post the video link here?
Posted by: rwextreme

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 11:40 AM

I don't know how to do links, but if you go onto the 'news and announcements' section of the forum Carla's posted it in there

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sahira
Oh oh... Looks like another GC who is cheif which likes partys! DOOMED!...

I don't think the cheif is imortal though...

Well, let's see. Maybe he will need to finish some puzzles?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 01:36 PM

Oh oh... Looks like another GC who is cheif which likes partys! DOOMED!

It wasn't a party that the chief was doing. He was addressing the crowd which is obviously our choice because the person dragged him onto the ampitheater and then he started addressing the crowd. It will be like the gong probably. Like once a day you drag him onto the ampitheater and he does something different each day.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 02:15 PM

Sam, Arthur said in the thread with the video that the chief partied like a ROCK STAR!

I'm hoping he was kidding. \:D

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 02:47 PM

Arthur is evil! That's been said loads of times in these forums before. ;\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: halidog
That link didn't show the videocry, can someone else post the video link here?

Here you go!

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/140651/page/1#Post140651

Posted by: MamaSheets

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 04:25 PM

Ok, it says 99% now. I'm patiently waiting for 100%. I've been on pins and needles since you announced that VV3 was in the works.

Any idea now as to when it will be released in the Spring of 2008.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 04:29 PM

yea it seems like since there is a video now that it should be done. maybe there is just some minor stuff to do, like actually getting it ready to be purchased and all that... iunno.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 05:30 PM

I just wanted to ask(I didn't create a topic as it would be spamming seeing how many "VV3 Release" question related topics there are) that you're not giving us a release date, is that because:
(a) You're just hiding it to make us jump out of our skin?
(b) It isn't even close to releasing, and you'll tell us when it's in about a year when it IS close to releasing?
(c) Some other reason?
(d) It's a secret?
(e) No reason?
Posted by: cheme

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 05:38 PM

If you look, LadyCFII has stated many times that they don't know the release date. As Gamemastr1 said:

But LadyCFII has been telling us when it comes to a release date. \:D

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/136242#Post136242
Quote:
When the game is done - sometime in Spring 2008, northern hemisphere.

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/137014#Post137014
Quote:

Carla talked about why we don't announce a release date here. It's for your own good!

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/125437#Post125437
Quote:

Nothing more definite than Spring 2008

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/123005#Post123005
Quote:
We don't even know the date yet. Spring 2008 is what we are aiming for.

Please be patient and let's not give LadyCFII a bad time. \:D She, as the rest of the LDW team, is working very hard to get this out as soon as possible. They have not been keeping us in the dark. They just cannot give a specific date right now. \:D I am sure we will all know, here on the forum, before anyone else, anywhere else, will. \:D \:D \:D We will be the first to know. (Well, after LDW knows themselves) \:D

Posted by: nuttyjuls

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 06:27 PM

I'm really really upset I just googled when spring ends (northern hemisphere) not till 21st june!!! I thought it was earlier!! please please don't make me wait till then

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 08:08 PM

Thanks!
Posted by: GemNGa

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 09:14 PM

check your spam , maybe its there.....

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 09:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Bom
I just wanted to ask(I didn't create a topic as it would be spamming seeing how many "VV3 Release" question related topics there are) that you're not giving us a release date, is that because:
(a) You're just hiding it to make us jump out of our skin?
(b) It isn't even close to releasing, and you'll tell us when it's in about a year when it IS close to releasing?
(c) Some other reason?
(d) It's a secret?
(e) No reason?
Carla specifically said that they dont want to give a specific release date because of the possibilty of delays. They dont want to get yelled at if the game isnt ready by the "release date". And they don't want us to be dissapointed. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/09/08 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Pookie9
Sam, Arthur said in the thread with the video that the chief partied like a ROCK STAR!

I'm hoping he was kidding. \:D

Yeah, I saw that. I'ms sure he was kidding. because I can't see them making the chief do that in a tribe. because then it would kind of be out of place.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/10/08 01:32 AM

Arthur is evil! That's been said loads of times in these forums before. ;\)

I've heard that! \:D

Wonder what "little surprises" he's hidden in VV3 that we'll never find or even know what it is?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/10/08 02:06 AM

I can't wait for vv3 \:D
I think they are still working on copyrights, reseller and stuff. I guess the game is already done, as the left bar have been changed
Posted by: tracy1872

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/10/08 05:59 AM

Just watched the video for VV3. Game looks so awesome. I play VV with my 2 nieces and everyday after school they ask is the game ready? We are all 3 excited! Good work LDW team!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/10/08 01:27 PM

I've just seen the vidio too it does look brill !!!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/10/08 06:24 PM

Oh, I didn't know my question was asked so many times.., I did scout through many topics, I guess I just didn't find the posts which answered my question..., sorry for probably spamming, I didn't even know that it was answered before.
Posted by: robbygirl21

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/10/08 09:10 PM

Hi Lady! I wanted to thank you for the information on where to look first for VV3. I am one of those crazy people who check every part of both sites ALOT to see if it has been released and I wasn't sure where we would know first eg.-forums, newsletter, etc. But being a newbie I took the advice I have been reading lately and searched for a question like mine instead of a new forum and found it here! Thank you!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 12:56 AM

I wish they would give us a definate date. This waiting is killing me.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 01:36 AM

They can't:

We cannot ever post a release date, because if we are late - for any reason, you guys will be disappointed and we certainly don't want that!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 01:36 AM

They said Before June
Posted by: slh

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 05:45 AM

I've never seen anyone say a particular month except us in speculation (of course there's a whole LOT here that I haven't read so maybe I've just missed it). I know LDW said Spring '08 - so whenever Spring '08 ends (in the Northern Hemisphere) we can be sure we'll have the game.

mmm - when DOES Spring end in the Northern Hemisphere? I have a 6YO who saw the video yesterday and is now asking me every couple of hours if it's finished yet \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 05:54 AM

Tell him it won't be finished today.
Spring ends before June

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 07:15 AM

yes, I told him. That just means he'll ask me every few hours TOMORROW \:D

* opens video, intro music from video plays
"Is that a new game mum?"
"Yes, it's the new Virtual Villagers."
"Oh, I Loooooove that!" climbs on lap "can you put that on MY computer?"

he's on his computer now, watching the video, pausing it so he can draw all the scenes \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 08:00 AM

pausing seems to be a gr8 idea, but there MUST be more maps!
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 08:10 AM

Quote:
Spring ends before June

Sorry \:\( in the Northern Hemisphere, Spring ends June 20st this year.
However, in my own speculation (my own), I think they are closer than that to the release date. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/11/08 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: HappyPlayer
Quote:
Spring ends before June

However, in my own speculation (my own), I think they are closer than that to the release date. \:\)

Opps, made a mistake... So Before July!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 01:46 AM

The video being released and the updates for a summary for VV3 on virtualvillagers.com all point to coming close to a release date, but I hope the clues are right and it's released soon...
Posted by: tkdgrl223

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: HappyPlayer
Quote:
Spring ends before June

yeah someone said something about the southern hemisphere. Their spring ends on December 2? sorry for any disaoint ment by that

i mean we are in spring and their are in fall so our summer= their winter our fall=their spring our fall ends when our winter starts in december

sorry but this is the truth
Posted by: TrueWolf2008

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 06:16 AM

here's a thought and only a thought... so don't hold it accountable.. chances are that vv3 is already done, the beta testing is done, and the re-coding is about 99% done. I do have experience in the gaming world and based on their time schedule that they've kept I wouldn't be surprised to see the game released within the week. I'm sure i'll catch slack for posting this but so be it.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 07:49 AM

Post removed.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 08:26 AM

Wow,if you can buy VV3,it must be released soon,Im a member of shockwave.I can play it all i want,whenever i want.Only trouble is i have to wait until they put it on thier gamesite.I buy my games at walmart.I am going nuts wait ing for VV3s release.
Posted by: Anki

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 08:44 AM

I didnt get it, when i click buy the game it goes through all details req then ask fr credit card details after tht it just hangs. Whts tht? R u ppl at LDW playing a prank?
Posted by: willette8087

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 08:56 AM

You can't expect them to let you buy them game until it is official released! They just have the page set up and made sure all the links work sooo that when all of us start buying the day the release there are no problems. LaiLai just posted the link to show that they must be almost done with the game if they are already getting to this step of the site. Plus don't know if anyone else noticed but there is no more coming soon on http://www.virtualvillagers.com. Can't wait for game!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 11:44 AM

Wow really? That could be done today, or the next day! LOL \:D
Posted by: Anki

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 12:00 PM

Post removed.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 12:28 PM

That's not a download link.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 12:39 PM

And that's what I posted.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 01:17 PM

wow..this is just so exciting i think it's about time to do another jig!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 01:37 PM

I think there'll be an announcement when it's released - not just one of us posting in a thread that we see it somewhere \:\)

There may only be fractions of seconds between the two though \:D
Posted by: birdcrazy

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 01:47 PM

Well I've just bought it!!!!!!!! Got an email saying they would send the Licensing information within 48 hours!!!!

It's great that I bought it but I expected to be able to play straightaway!!!
Posted by: onionGirl

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:05 PM

My thoughts on this are not to buy now...

Although it seems the release is imminent, if for any reason someone wanted to use their 30 day guarantee, it would already have started counting down before they had even got the download.

But at the same time, the fact the the licensing info might take up to 48 hours to come through...

Either way, I've not actually seen which official VV page this has come from, so I'd prefer not to use some random link. I'm sure they'd announce if they'd implemented the ability to pre-order...

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:20 PM

Honestly, I think it will be realeased in a few days. \:\)
Posted by: Tangel

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:24 PM

I'm with you Oniongirl, I'm not sure what to do. But I think I will wait for the official release. I'm a little worried to go ahead and buy on link until this site says its okay to do so.

But really super uber excited, I have been lurking in the shadows looking on this site everyday.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:33 PM

LadyCFII just came on the shout box and stated that it was a link set up for later, getting everything ready for the official release.

So it has not been officially released yet.

Still very excited we are closer!!!!!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:34 PM

Is there a date yet????!!!!!
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Lady CFII also stated that the link above was not to be reposted.
Posted by: onionGirl

The following copied from the shoutbox, said by LadyCFII:

"Somebody was snooping around and found a page that is being prepared. It's not ready, and you can't get the game yet"

"No, it's not pre-release. Carla always starts preparing all of the web pages in advance, so that they're ready when the game is ready. "

"Lailai even said she was hacking when she found it and posted it"

"I've removed all of those posts, but I can't stay up 24 hours a day and monitor everyone "

"Anybody who purchased the game will get it when it's released. Hang on to your receipt, just in case"

"It's always better to wait for official announcements from LDW. "

"If people keep posting that link, they will have their forum privileges removed until after VV3 is released. I don't have time to fix all the problems that causes. "

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 02:59 PM

I ordered it snail mail.I seen the link and copied all info down and sent my check off I just hope it really goes to where it needs to go and not to some person that put that link to steal money and info from those that sent payments for game.If it does go to LDW thats great.
Posted by: djraz77

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 04:31 PM

hey all..new to the forums as you can tell..not sure if someone has mentioned this..but is there a reason that on the calender May the 20th is not high lighted..could this be the release date?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 05:08 PM

All that means is that no member of the forums has a birthday on that date (or, perhaps more accurately, has admitted to having a birthday ...).

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 08:03 PM

Wow lots of things has happened since I went to bed last night! I do remembering see the post with the link and think to myself why would anyone send there information without knowing for sure you would get the game??? I posted on another thread which was where I saw the link that it was more than likely LDW getting the site ready for when the game is ready sooo there with be no problem when we all start buying the game. I'm waiting for the game to to be posted for sale on Big Fish games, since I'm a member I can get tommorrows game today!!! Sooo I watch that site like crazy too! Them game will be out as soon as they can release, give it time!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 08:07 PM

Oh and about the 20th not being highlighted doesn't mean thats when its coming out. I went and add an even on that day and it was highlighted afterwords, sooo I deleted the event. It just sooo happens to be that there isn't anything happening on that day.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 10:00 PM

I accidently "bought" the game this morning from that link. So does that mean that I waisted $20?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 10:04 PM

Look here.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/13/08 10:21 PM

Thank you so much LadyCFII and everyone else that works for LDW.
Posted by: Ambz748

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 12:32 AM

Does anyone know if VV3 will be sold anywhere besides online? I purchased VV2 thru 'Big Fish Games' but I was wondering if I could buy it at a store such as walmart or meijers?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 01:03 AM

It usually take a few months for the games to be released in a boxed retail version. Initially they are available only online.
Posted by: TrueWolf2008

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 01:50 AM

Wow... games done after all... wonder when it will be released now.so let's see, game's done, beta's done, and apparently so is the coding. guess I wasn't to far off

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 02:02 AM

The game isn't done and the beta isn't done. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 02:26 AM

that is ok with me I guess I can wait a little longer thanks 4 the information Lady \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 02:26 AM

That's good to know, a lot of people were asking and predicting if beta was done.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 02:46 AM

yeah, its good to know but I hope it doesn't take too much longer. Because I still have 3 weeks left of school and its kind of depressing knowing that lots of other schools have 1 week left and others are already out. \:\( So being able to play VV3 these last 3 long weeks would help me be much more happier.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 03:37 AM

You're lucky sam. Some people (like me) still have 5 weeks of school left \:\(

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 06:13 AM

Give us a release date PLEASE x.x
set it like months away and if it comes sooner then that, all the better.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 06:27 AM

The game isn't done and the beta isn't done. \:\)

oh... dont worry im fine, all i wish is that the game is just as we expected (or better) and that it takes as long as it needs to take. But, has beta even started yet?

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 01:15 PM

i would much rather wait patiently for a release date than to see them set one now that is for months away.. \:\)

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Niki13
i would much rather wait patiently for a release date than to see them set one now that is for months away.. \:\)

Probably worse would be for LDW to set a date and then for some reason be unable to release the game then, thus disappointing thousands of people.

Remember the game is still being refined and tested. It is always possible that an important _bug_ may show up just before they are ready to release the game, and they have to rewrite the code to fix the _bug_, delaying the expected release.
Posted by: dare2cnect

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 05:11 PM

I wish there were a date too. I feel like I'm going craaaazy waiting! Perhaps I'll go back and replay the others!! It's been awhile, and maybe it will keep my impatient mind busy!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 05:43 PM

***Trying to be patient for the release of VV3*** It is really difficult, I look everyday hoping, but I want the game to be _bug_ free so we can enjoy it fully.

Keep up the hard work LDW team and just know that we really appreciate all your hard work and for keeping us informed as much as possible.

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 06:17 PM

is it just me or does it say 100%????!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?! does that mean that it will be released today?!?!?!?!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 06:21 PM

yes it does say 100%!!! YAY!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 06:43 PM

It's available.

http://www.virtualvillagers.com/virtualvillagers3thesecretcity/index.html

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 06:48 PM

ITS OUT whooooooo YEHAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 08:03 PM

Yes, it's out! I'm doing this while waiting to download!
Posted by: pumpkin_28

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 08:16 PM

Woot! Woot! I'm sooo excited! I'm downloading right now! Not getting any sleep tonight!

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 08:21 PM

I'm now waiting for it to download for the past 25 minutes and so far its 58% my broadband is running slow at the moment. I await patently

Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? - 05/14/08 09:29 PM

Now that VV3 has been released, everyone can use the VV3 forum for discussion, and I'll lock this thread.