Obviously it's not a game for everyone, but then it wasn't designed to be... aesthetics and mental challenges, no wars, no weapons, no rushing around, no acrobatics, no explosions, etc. Gee, I miss those.. not! It's one of the few games I've bought, and that just on the strength of Fish Tycoon, which is equally "boring" while still being entertaining, challenging and enjoyable.

After 30-some years in DP systems, I am very impressed with the graphics and the total integration of the design. One example.. all the plants are different, even the same species.. each plant is a detailed individual, and it retains its unique appearance not just in the greenhouse but in the nursery as well. The breeding algorithms are clever and complex enough for a real challenge. The _bug_-catching bit is very cleverly done as well. I can see the meticulous care in the details throughout the game. The esthetics are delightful too, and so is the music, light-handed, melodic and pleasant. The packaging and presentation are most professional and attractive.

I'm very impressed with LDW's games--I now have both Tycoons and both Villagers games, which is about half the games I've ended up buying over the past year. I've had hundreds of hours of fun with them, and will look forward to their next one.