hi ,jlb67

we have had rottweilers for 10 years, they are awesome family dogs!! my 150 pound rottweiler took it upon herself to adore my little nephew who has downs syndrome. when ever he came over she would kiss him silly and then lay next to him the whole time. it was very sweet. our other dog would greet him then leave. we have a 1 year old rottie now. ( we had to put our big girl to sleep, she got old and sick ) now the puppy is starting to act like her at times .they seem to be breed traits, i always joke that a rotts motto should be ,whats mine is mine and whats yours is mine!! they do tend to be a little bossy if you let them. but they love love love their pack!! when ever we come home our little foxi will just love us to death if we let her!!
she will try to get in our laps and just lay on us like we left her forever. talk about feeling the love! i hope you enjoy your little guy , or should i say both new little guys! they are very cute!!

p.s. the only time our rott was possesive of anything , it was a rawhide and i could take them away , but me husband couldn't she wouldn't let him. all of our dogs could sleep on our funiture. but if we want them off, they listen and get down. but they do tend to be bossy to other dogs . not in a mean way, just they will do things to let them know that the rott is alpha dog

Edited by tmac (06/21/07 05:06 PM)