isolakitten, i feel for you, i only had 2 weeks with the first cat i adopted ...

my neighbor found a family of kittens and a mother. she happened to work at a zoo and took them in. me and my mom went to look at the kittens, because our cat was getting old and ,frankly, boring. one kitten didn't hiss when i picked it up one only curiously at me. we adopted him and named him dozer. he wasn't neutared so we sent him to our regular vet. that night my mom told me he was dead. i was little, about 6 or 7, i couldn't believe it! he was only 2 or 3 weeks old so it wasn't of old age. as it turned out dozer had a terrible reaction to a drug that was nessasary for the surgery. i felt it was my fault for picking him in the first place. he could have been choosen by a family that wanted kittens and didn't need him to be neutared. he would have been 5 this year.

a few months later i came down with the stomach flu ,on valetines day no less, i swear i barfed more that night than ever. on the 4th day i felt better but it was saturday, so no school. we went to the humane soectiy right when it opened because you basically had 1/2 an hour to get a kitten. we chose a light brown one and named him benny. last night my mom said dozer happened for a reason, we got to meet benny. benny is the sweetest cat in the world. you can do anything with him! i hope to be a zoologist someday, so i practice on benny (gently!). i love him.

Edited by McKittyKat55 (04/15/07 11:08 PM)