Barbara, my thoughts are with you and the heartbreak you are going through has been felt by all of us one time or another.

I've had many pets since my childhood but one will always have a big piece of my heart, Sable. Sable was a sheltie who adopted me. Friends of ours had puppies and we wanted to see them though they were only two weeks old; mommy brought her to me. Sable was so small that I held her in my hand with her head resting on my thumb. She was mine. Sable was born on my parents wedding anniversary and I was able to bring her home on my birthday.

Earlier today, as I was vacuuming under the dining room table, I was missing her so much. She had a habit of almost always eating her dog biscuits/bones under the table and, of course, when you vacuumed the little pieces would be heard when they went into it. Today, I missed that sound.

Sable, had a heart murmur. She left us one cold Friday evening. Being a good companion and friend for 12 years, she just went over and layed by the back door (which she usually did when she wanted out) and went to sleep.

Wouldn't it be cool if your Mysti, my Sable and all of our wonderful furry companions are living on an island with plenty of water to play in and drink, chew toys, the best food and lots of running space to live happily ever after.