Originally Posted By: Lady Emz
I fast forward because I get totally bored waiting for tech points. Fast forwarding means I can get to the fun parts again.
-snip-
I'm sorry that this upsets you all so much but my advice is too play the game for the game itself and not worry so much what everyone else does or doesn't do.

And if there ever was a way to stop people who fast forward not being on the boards, I couldn't care less.

Totally besides the fact that 'time warping' messes up other programs on your computer (it doesn't matter to me if you want to pay early for your anti-virus programs, etc that you've messed up by playing with your system clock), the game was designed to be played in real time, not 'sped' up by warping.

Part of real life is waiting for things to happen as they are timed to happen. Would you want to warp through a your child's childhood to jump ahead to when they leave the house? So many parents would, but then later on they'd wish they'd had more time with their children when they were little.

Patience is part of what this game teaches and warping to 'get to the fun parts' is not what real life is about.

You may say that 'it's just a game' and you're right, it is just a game, but, what's the value of a game you have to cheat playing to 'enjoy' it?
Windows XP Home SP2
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 512.0 MB
Realtek AC97 Audio