This is just my opinion, and I will probably take alot of heat for it, but I have always enjoyed warm weather...:)

There are alot of games out there that are very competitive that require things be accomplished in a certain time, or score really matters as the sole purpose for playing the game. But to me, this game is different. I enjoy seeing my progress against LEGITIMATE PLAYERS, but that is NOT the reason I play the game. I play AGAINST THE GAME. VV and VV2 throws things at you that are challenging, and make you make decisions not always for the best of the score, but for the best of YOUR VILLAGE.

In VV1, I always had 3 games running (still do). Game 1 is all puzzles solved, all tech bought, and working on seeing how much food I could accumulate. Game 2 is all puzzles solved, all tech bought except level 3 Medicine, and seeing how many tech points I can accumulate. Game 3 is a test game and changes almost weekly. My most recent game is all puzzles solved, all tech bought except levels 2 & 3 of Medicine, and seeing if the fact that they die off sooner allows for more babies to be born in a certain period than the norm.

If I did the time warp [censored] and tried to compete with all the scores on the leaderboard, i'd have given up weeks or months ago. Time Warp [censored] with things on my computer that I NEED when i'm NOT PLAYING VV1. So that is not an option for me. However I will admit that I tried it once. My computer was messed up and needed to be formatted and reloaded, so I did a time warp game for 6 months in about 6 hours on VV1 to see what would happen. #1 it was no fun, because I didn't get to experience all the nuances of the game. #2 I almost lost all my villagers once because I forgot to train a parent before a clock set. It wasn't any fun, but I didn't expect it to be. I just wanted to try once to see what happened. In fact, my stats in my other games over the same period of time were better than my time warp game.

While I am long winded here, I would like to take this opportunity to tell the designers and beta testers at LDW what a wonderful job they have done on both of these games, and thank them for the many hours of enjoyment they have given me.

HG