I have compiled all my entries so far of Billi's Story.
--------------------------
My name is Billi. I am alone on this island. I wasn't always alone. When I was 7, a few of us escaped death from another island and found our way here. There were 2 women, Aponi and Penyo(my mother), and 2 men, Tau and Biko(my father). Shortly after we arrived, Aponi and Tau had a little girl, Jen. She was to be my future mate, whatever that meant. By the time I was 13, we had already run out of food from the berry bush, and the adults had been working hard toward finding another solution, but it was too late. All of them died of starvation, except for me, and I was already weak. I lived off of mushrooms until I was 14, but then I got sick. The only thing positive that happened through all this is that the adults left behind their research so I am able to farm. My only hope is that someone will come along to heal me and to help the population grow. For the time being, I do a little farming and research, and try to keep my health up by eating what I harvest and drinking from the well. I am now 15 and am hoping someone will save me.
Today, something different happened to break up the monotony of harvesting, eating, researching, drinking, and sleeping. A barrel washed up on shore and I decided to open it, since really, what more could happen? I'm alone on this island and sick. Inside were some tools that I can use to help advance in different skills. I think I want to use them towards research and developing technology faster, if I ever find someone to share it with!

I have now seen 16 summers. I am still wondering how much longer I can continue by myself. I still have this nasty cough, and even though I have studied all the plants on the island and have become adept at this knowledge, I haven't found a way to cure myself. I have become adept at farming out of necessity. I have tinkered with research and advanced in that skill as well. The only skill that I can't seem to grasp is building. It's just as well, since there isn't any need for extra housing and I need to keep up my strength.

I have now seen 18 summers. I am still all alone. I keep hoping for a miracle to happen, that somehow I can finally be healed and not have this sickness. I still keep going. I have started clearing the beach of debris from the original shipwreck that landed me here. I can't seem to harvest the crops fast enough, I keep having to throw away rotted food. But since it is just me, I don't need a lot of it. I try to keep my hope alive, but as my health fades, so does my hope.

I am almost 20 now. I have managed to clear the debris from the beach, so at least I can go in the ocean to swim. I don't stay in too long, since I still have this sickness. If my strength holds up, my next project will be building a hut. I know it is just me on the island, but by building the hut, it may keep my hopes up that someday I'll have someone to share it with.

I am now 21 years old. I have completed the most difficult task of building a hut on my own. It took almost 2 years to complete, but I'm proud to say I did it all on my own! My health isn't too bad, but I'm still nursing this awful cough and I have to take breaks to catch my breath. However, after completing this task, I feel my hope renewed that I will be able to share the hut with someone, someday.