The jury is still out here on the age problem. So far, on each of my 4 test villages, stats agree with headstones which agree with, or at least seem plausible considering, my real time observations.

What have you seen, Gohill?

For those who are not familiar with this Age thing (started on the defunct VV Real Arcade discussion board), it was brought to our attention by Maura that the maximum ages of villagers listed on the Statistics page seemed to be greater than what was ever observed while the villagers were alive. Maura further reported something which seemed to indicate that the villagers might age really FAST when they die! That is, something like a 70 year old villager died while she was not at the keyboard, but when she returned maybe 2 hours later, he had died at the age of 89. I know, Maura.... times and ages are not right... just using this for an example.

To test this, I started 4 villages, each on easy, 2X speed. I've been monitoring them carefully, as often as once each 2 hours, recording the name and age of each villager, along with the real world clock time, the elapsed played time from the Stats page and the oldest villager data from the Stats page.

Jer

Archaeologist: Person whose career lies in ruins.