This poll is fascinating. It's also interesting to see the locations of various posters.

I'm in the 50s group. Or, as we like to say around the house, the group where going to the doctor for any ailment means immediately hearing "well, as we grow older..." Doesn't matter what the illness is, that's the first thing you hear.

When I was playing EQ in my late 40s, there were many nights where I was grouping with a stellar group, with a terrific warrior "puller" who looked fierce, pulled fast and furiously, and role played as if he had conquered many worlds. After a few hours -- usually around 9 pm in their time zone -- the warrior would tell the group "aw, man, my mom says I have to get to bed...8th grade bites..."

In five years of playing that game, I never got used to the collision of the online persona/graphic and the reality on the other side of the screen. I'm guessing the poll here is pretty much accurate of these kinds of games.

Oh, I said all that to say that no one of any age should feel out of place. Heck, if I was one of the villagers, I would be elderly! Or more likely, one of my two skellies because I didn't put enough tech points in Medicine yet. (sigh)

(And if you don't know what kind of game EQ is, I just made absolutely no sense. Won't be the last time...)

Edited by Liz52 (08/29/06 07:42 AM)