Ok, I'm fairly new here, but I devised a way to keep track of my villagers that's been working for me. When I first started, by luck of the draw, I ended up with a bunch of villagers with 'A' names. So I went with that and made sure my first 6 all had 'A' names. Even the little kid. That way even if I can't keep track of the mom and dad, I can at least keep good track of my first, second and third generations. So my next gereration will all have 'B' names and so on. Also, I gave them just one letter last names corresponding to their job. For example:

Anya H - Female Healer, 1st Gen
Aiken B - Male Builder, 1st Gen

Boron F - Male Farmer, 2nd Gen (rhymes w/moron on purpose)\

Etc, Etc

I figure I wont get to the X's, but if I do, I'll just have to get really creative! Oh, and my 'breeders' last names are 'M' for mom or 'D' for dad. Works out pretty good and that way if they happen to be born with a cool native name, I can just change the first letter to whatever letter goes with their generation and still keep the native-like name. If their name just has to be completely changed because its really weird (tutu, chicka) I just try to stay authentic and give them an exotic island type name that I fabricate.

Just my method to the VV maddness! BTW, whoever put that their husband hasn't has a hot meal since they discovered this game...ditto for me!! LOL!