Hey Keegan,
I see. Still that opens other questions. If no one knows you are testing versions, how are you gonna know the results? Like, how will you know which version players prefer when they don't even know they are in testing? Is there more than 2 versions? I didn't see anything when I redownloaded the game to indicate there are different versions. So far I've seen nothing in game other than the differences to indicate a way to report on the differences.
I'm not complaining about the game play, just didn't know what was going on. Honestly, I've barely played this new version, I paused my game awaiting an answer on here because I didn't know if it was a glitch or what. So still on 1st gen with no hubby or kids yet. But now that I know, I will continue my game as is to see more of the differences and see if I like it better or not. Not a fan of the 30 coin ads and that there are fewer of them. I like that some stuff is less expensive. Don't like that some of the stuff that was unlockable at gen 2 or 3 now isn't unlockable until gen 9. Also noticed that some stuff is more expensive in the version I'm on. I like the TO DO list so far, we'll see the further I get with the game.
Which I guess leads to a new question, as for myself I don't mind starting over. But what if someone gets the new version and doesn't like it, will it be possible to transfer the family to the old version without losing gens of families?

Thanks,
Jet