A note about the pro tips - the few I've managed to read are applicable to the mobile or online versions, not the BF version (I don't know if it differs from, for example, Steam or any other platform). There may not be a LOT of differences, but there are just enough to be confusing - herons, frogs, lemurs, green statues... to name what I've come across or read (either on forums or in pro tips) so far.
I don't have quick reflexes so I'm not expecting to collect anything that isn't either created/crafted or found (like magic is also a collectible).
What I really wish is that games that require the amounts of patience this game does were marked as such at the sales points. Unfortunately for someone like me, it is a factor in choosing a game. I bought this without even trying it because I liked the others, and while they required a level of patience, it was possible (nearly...). smile

In-game economy - not really sure what that is, but since this is essentially an adapted online game, I don't think the balance is there. Online games (in my VERY limited experience) are there to generate cash flow - fair enough, for example I worked out that the reason the lavastone generator pauses when I pause the game is to avoid deliberate misuse (I pause the game so nothing goes awry while I'm gone, not to cheat the system) - while in a paid version, well, we've paid already. If the price asked isn't fair, review that instead. Going from (again for example) 22,000 tech points to 130,000 tech points to 720,000 tech points is kind of excessive I would have thought. How does one sustain the colony while trying to achieve that kind of goal? In most technologies the jumps are similiar. That seems to me to weigh the game to an unreasonable difficulty level - but again, I am basing my opinions on comparisons to your previous VV games. 5/6 good ones is a very good effort. (I'm a harsh critic, sorry.)

Random events are, well, random. So they're not much of a guarantee, and the trading ship currently wants things I can't give it, and the things I can (well, would be able to if I had time to craft them) I don't have yet and will need - and can't craft before it leaves again anyway. It's a nice thought, but not very practical. *To me, anyway. At level 0 I didn't realise that once I'd traded that was it and I should WAIT until the last minute (or nearly) to maximise the benefits. Look, sorry to be so negative. Like I said I really wanted to like it, I still really want to like it, but I'm not sure I do. It REALLY needs a nice clear walkthrough like all the old ones had. Spoilered, sure, but available. I come looking for help and instead find more questions.

That said I won't not buy future games, but I will TEST them first!

I hope my criticisms are constructive feedback even though I imagine it's too late for this game, it is not my intent to simply slag the game off. I am trying to provide useful feedback for future endeavours.

I do have a question though - since this game does not offer the availability of playing more than one game at a time, nor does it have the speed options of previous games (not relevant to my question just another feedback note), is it possible to save the game file to come back to after starting a new game? I want to try to document exactly what happens when and what triggers what (and avoid some of my mistakes) if I can. Probably won't be able to, but I'd like to try. If it is, I've got Windows 10 on a PC (laptop).