#1 - crafting is ridiculous! I just spent more than 84 crafting hours preparing to make pipe, only to find I don't have enough tech! Same with the soft pots - can't cook them yet. Adding insult to injury, if you mess up a combo, it still takes up the time AND eats up your hard earned product. And the speed up price is too steep considering how hard the stones are to come by.
#4 - since I built my school, I've been taking the kids up there one at a time and force-feeding them education, over and over until it says they have learned all they're going to. It takes about 15-20 minutes of attention, but they end up trainees in everything, including gatherer. Real helpful if you hate coming in to find those lazy 20 somethings sunbathing and strolling. wink
#7 - there is a hospital available later in the game. I'm not there yet, but I'm assuming/hoping they can train there.
#10 - I needed a chief early on (got him by spinning the necklace wheel) for the gold panning, but don't see much use for him beyond that. Which I wish I realized before spending 20 stones to watch him grow old and die AGAIN without ever being needed.

#11 - Four hours of no work only to drop a 2 yr old? Who then grows like a weed and is a senior citizen within a couple of days? It's been impossible to make perfect villagers without gambling away precious lava stones. I've got 80+ yr olds that still haven't met the healing/gather requirements - if they make PV, it will be for 5 minutes, tops.