FIRST: You need to know that what I am about to say, is strictly MY opinion & has nothing to do with my role as a moderator on this site.
I consider my self an old school gamer, though many would disagree since I do not own or play on "gaming platforms" nor do I do the first person shooter style games. I (still) play A LOT on as beefy a PC as I can afford.
No, I do not think the PC/Mac platform is dead (yet) but I think it is dying. Yes Dell (makers of the last real gaming PC on the American market) & Windows are pumping some serious cash into the market. But in my opinion, my preferred platform suffered a major amputation with the change to gaming platforms. Hey who wants to pay $60 (and climbing) for a game when you can pay a small monthly premium and play many games? If you really like it, you 'buy' it, then when/if you tire of it you just take it to the game store and trade it in for the latest & greatest steal a car and shoot your way through a forest of zombies game.
But the death knell came with the explosion of freemium games on the mobile market. Yes, I own both an android smart phone and an iPad. Yes I play A LOT of mobile games. No, for the most part I do not "support" the game studio with $$, but I don't mind watching a few ads from other studios since I might be pointed to another game I will play briefly then delete and move on.
Oh sure there are one or two exceptions. I have been buying cheese and hunting mice in Gnawnia for a couple of years. I also make it a point to get every VV and VF game that hits the market, and I always try to make at least a minimal purchase because I really like this company.
I recently purchased my first "new" 'core' game in years, when I finally broke down and bought the Sims 4 base game. I can't say I hate it, but I find it highly unlikely that I will spend hundreds of $$ to buy all the addons & stuff packs I did for S3.
So where is all this rambling leading? I guess what I am saying is I am disappointed by the trend away from PC/Mac games, but I certainly understand it. It has gotten to the point where you either charge massive amounts for a game or you "go mobile" and the freemium model. I have to say that I like the flexibility (though the variety is becoming smaller and smaller) of the mobile market. I also enjoy many many hours of replaying my old PC games. In the end, I will continue to support the games/studios that entertain and challenge me no matter which platform it is on.
NOW, WHO IS EXCITED ABOUT A NEW VV GAME COMING OUT SOON? I understand it is already in open beta in the UK!!! Hopefully here real soon!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry