VV5 still doesn't sit well with me. Language aside, the gameplay didn't do a great deal for me; the VV games were challenging and interesting purely because you couldn't solve problems with a click of the mouse and god powers, and because making the most massive tribe in existence just doesn't appeal.

To be honest, the complete lack of responses or official statements on the VV games for so long makes it seem to me like the folks of LDW threw something of a temper tantrum. "You don't like our concept for VV5? You don't like games where you have to convert those heathens to the One True Faith and destroy every one of their religious icons (which, btw, is totally okay because, you know, it's not a real faith and Isola is a completely made up location)? Fine! We're never making a VV game again if this is all the gratitude we get!"

For the sake of the message board and because it's not easy to tell someone's intentions over the internet, I'll add that this is not an attempt on my part to restart the same old tired debate about whether VV5 crossed a line. Personally, I didn't like it so I just made the decision not to play it again wink