Maybe. Check your new peep's attitude right away. It's possible that when the last added peep leaves, the new addition will have the same snarky attitude. If so, I'm sorry to have steered you wrong. Here's my experience:

Tuesday, I pulled all my plants and Mr. Snarky moved out.

Wednesday, the replacement moved in, and he was snarky too! Right after that, the game crashed. The tablet I was playing on is very old and underpowered, and has no business running Solitaire, much less a game like Virtual Town. It crashes several times a day. When I reopened the game, I got a notice that the town was more beautiful and a new citizen had moved in. The last minute or so had been lost with the crash, and I had a different replacement. That made me happy until I realized he was snarky too.

Yesterday, I kept the replacement around until I got the extra coins for both of the secretary's requests, then pulled up the plants again. He left.

Today, a fourth snarky peep moved in. I gave up and traded his lion shirt for a cheap one, cashed it in, and started starving him.