I hope the next update adds a pause button. Sometimes I get kinda lazy when taking care of my town since I have a lot of other games on my phone that I like to play. We really need that pause button xD
I don't like how weeds kill my nice flowers in my garden. Sometimes I forget to water my flowers and I have to temporarily pull the surrounding plants just to get rid of a weed. (Garden is really crowded now thanks to the change in plant breeding!)
Maybe make some changes in how furniture behaves when putting it in the house. My mayor's house is full of furniture and I like tweaking things here and there, so it's kinda annoying when I try and scroll around to take a look at my work and something moves and I have to fix it...
And also, sometimes when my mayor interacts with a piece of furniture like a couch or shelf that's near a wall, it'll move away from the wall and it bugs me a bit xD
-Even better idea concerning furniture, make it so that they behave like town decorations where you can "confirm" where they stay so they stay in one place unless you long tap on them, like locking them in place. That way, nothing will move every time your finger gets close to an object (I have big fingers lol)
We should have more stuff in the store, as in furniture and wall/floor designs. Have a wider selection of objects available in the store at one time- have at max 1-2 beds/couches/chairs, a bookcase, and some misc. items. I don't like how I have to get lucky when trying to find a certain item to decor my house with.
Don't lock us into one room renovation option once we add on a room, give us multiple room choices so that we can expand our houses as we see fit. I like my rooms small and my main room large, for example.
Have the kid actually be useful and fill up any holes we dig/help cut grass, and don't let them get in the way of our work.
More than two tasks per day :3
And one last thing... more story!

I hope you guys add some of these things in the next update or so and thanks for reading my wall of text, lol.