I've been working on one of my tribes pretty relentlessly, trying to see if I could make everyone a master at all skills. It's been pretty successful, and I since I started, I have had only two villagers who just would not honor. I've started with villagers who had only the lowest skill level, which took persistence and patience, but it worked.

I'm at 101 population now, and no one is currently set to parenting. I'm rejuvenating constantly, of course. My next (and last) task will be to bring everyone up to master at parenting. I'm probably about halfway there with that.

Anyway, I realize this is an old topic, and the only reason I found it is that I wondered if anyone else had done something similar. This is how I managed to teach everyone to honor (some of you were very close, but I think my way works much better).

Click to reveal..
First, and most important, have your villagers master at least three other skills. This method seems to work much better once they have other masteries under their belt, so to speak. Set your villager to Devotion, and take them to the statue. Hover them so that the Action reads: " _____ sees a magnificent statue." Set them down near the statue, but not on it. Wait, and be prepared to do the same action a few times. When the action says "nothing", leave them alone. 8 times out of 10, "nothing" will precede "honoring" - and that's what you want.