Originally Posted By: lavaluv27
I agree.I always feel unlikely to keep on playing for more hours after I solved all puzzles.But what to do if you made hundreds of them and there are no spaces to place?

I'm not sure that would be an issue. The first - and only - time I played VV2, by the time I solved all the puzzles, I had about 15 totems.

I don't think a villager gets a huge benefit from being made an elder (though I can't remember for sure). Since there's no easy way to improve Building or Healing skill in VV2 as the game progresses, most of us end up racking up the Parenting, Farming and Research skill.

The point is, my little peeps have never become Elders on their own; I've always had to deliberately build those three sets of skills. With that in mind, you could easily control the number of elders on your island.

Quote:

You may need another village on Isola or other island.Tell me how'd they join your tribe.

There are two ways this could happen:

1. A random event, similar to the barrel of babies in other VV games. Something like, "Tapu has heard of Aponi's great beauty and traveled from his tribe to ask for her hand in marriage. Does Aponi accept?"

If Yes, Tapu joins the tribe as a regular member. If No, Tapu wanders off again.

2. A deliberate event instigated by the player. This could be done via an Upgrade Villager menu, and you could choose to send that particular villager for a price (the villager would leave for, say, half an hour and then come back with a stranger) or as an option on the Tech Point menu. Or maybe there could be a pathway that your peeps have to clear as one of the puzzles, and once it's cleared, you could drag and drop an adult peep there and that would bring up a menu ("Does Tapu want to recruit a new member from another tribe? Cost: 1000 food/5000 tech points")

You wouldn't actually visit or see the other village; it would just be a way of gaining more population. There could be a timer set on it or something to prevent people overusing it.

I know in the past there have been people getting stuck with only female villagers, or having only one villager left. This would be a handy way around that.

Quote:
I want a family tree for each villager;to know who are the kid's parents,grandparents....,and to know who gave birth to who.

Given the rather intricate relationships in the VV games, I think this would end up as more of a family bush laugh I use a system of honorifics that I developed for my peeps, so I can tell at a glance who's related to who, right down to parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, siblings and half-siblings. Works beautifully and I don't even have to click out of the game to look it up wink That said, it'd still be nice to keep pictures of the parents...

Quote:
If only the chief had some special abilities as in VV3.

Yes, I agree; I wouldn't want a chief that just sat around doing nothing wink

Quote:
And thank you,JudasFm.I used to think keeping larger population is the best.I had many experiences that required huge toughness having 80-90-100 villagers.I'm now just replaying VV1 and as you advised,I’m attempting to save population.Wow everything is becoming finer! wink

No worries wink It's a very personal choice, but I like smaller tribes since it's easier to keep track of people. And I feel more like my little peeps are individual villagers, as opposed to yet another scientist or farmer laugh