Not sure if I mentioned this before or not but 11 people on that other forum said they liked this idea so I thought I would repost here just in case:

- If you are going to have night time, then make the lamps inside the house clickable to turn on at night.

nammagreen wrote:
Quote:
when families get down to a low amount of money have them search the couches or chairs cushions for coins or cash(old cheesy curls or whatever other treasures would fit in the furniture).

Neighbor Visits - Neighbors send an email asking if they can drop by for a visit. Click Yes or No. If you click yes, you get visit from (random) type of neighbor.
Type 1 - A neighbor with lots of kids who run through the house and leave trash and spots all over the place.
Type 2 - A great neighbor who comes in sits for a bit and leaves you a nice house warming gift (or has it delivered).
Type 3 - Another bad neighbor who comes over and eats all your food and leaves dirty dishes in the sink. And so on...

You already have a setup that can work for this. Just modify the workers who come to remodel the house a little and save them as neighbors who have the effects mentioned above.

Maids $ Gardners - Now there is a button to fire them or not if you click on them. Add a 3rd button to Give The Day Off. This would send the Maid or Gardner home for the day but they would return tomorrow to do their work as usual. This would come in handy when you want to get some privacy to make a baby or just have a family only evening.

Edited by Xay (09/04/13 10:05 PM)
Edit Reason: combined multiple consecutive posts