Originally Posted By: Xay
If you are worried that the children in the house might pass (not enough food in the house, continual illness) you can go to their details page, touch the "Upgrade me" button, and send them off to boarding school. They will remain healthy and whole at school but they will not come home until it is time to choose the next generation.

Thank you so very much Xay. I first learned that kids could die in another forum when someone mentioned she had a 6 year old die. (The kid was either 3 or 6 I have to check back on that forum, I cant remember). I do remember that I nearly went bat crazy reading that post and have been REALLY scared ever since I learned kids could die.

I did learn about the trick to send them to boarding school there too... but, the problem is now everytime I have a kid who stays weak for any length of time, I ship them off to bording school. I miss so much of their young years. Is there a way to tell if a kid is near death so I could keep them around as long as possible before shipping them off? I hate shipping them off unless it is to absolutely avoid death.

[Note here: I keep about $4,000.00 food in the house for a family of 5, I always use meds if they are sick and keep all peeps fed and baithed. If they continue with illness I get doctor. If I get email saying no infection and I have no fruit, multi vitamins, or anything else that will help them... even sleep with tea drinks... then I ship them off to boarding school because I am afraid they will die.]

Like I said I couldn't take that. Seriously, when I lost Aipad at 62 I cried real tears for a few days. I learned on that other forum that I am not unique in this. Others have gotten just as attached to a little person and cried when they died just as I did.

I haven't gotten that attached to any little peeps since then. But, loosing a kid. Oh wow that would just about end me. Seriously.

I am assuminng you are one of the game developers or you work with them. And I don't know if you realize how very close we players can get to the little peeps. The adults die. Ok I get that. But, is it possible that you could just not allow the children to face death until they are adults?

As a player it would be great if we didn't have that fear hanging over our heads. I suppose there are others like me who just want to play the game for fun. There is nothing fun about a child dying.

When I lost my child at 4 years old, I wanted to end my life. Thank goodness it didn't work. So many other people depend on me. But to relive that experience in a game setting would be too much. I am not sure if you can see what I mean but I just thought I would ask. Thanks again for your reply.

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, I know I can trust Xay to move it to the right location. :-)

I just noticed I have posted a LOT of suggestions over the past few days. All those suggestions can be interpreted as complaints. But, I am in NO WAY complaining about this game. This game is simply the best game I have played in years.

Before VF2 I played a new HOG game nearly every day. I don't think there are many HOG/Action games I have not played. I don't like time management games. I don't need more stress in my life.

But, since April 20, 2013 I have played almost exclusively VF2 every single day. I have a VERY short attention span. And I work a lot of hours. (notice I mostly post before dawn) I don't sleep either. But, VF2 has given me so many hours of enjoyment.

I have litterally forced several other family members and friends to buy this game just so we can share screen shots in email. Now they are addicted too. I don't think any of them do the forums and none of them would be as long winded as I have been. Don't worry that will taper off soon. I don't usually have this much time anyway.

But, since I have written so much about new ideas, I wanted to take a moment to compliment you and to thank you all for such a wonderful game. It is relaxing and very engaging. It has taken my mind off many RL issues and gives me an escape. If you never change one thing, I will still buy VF3. I'm just sayin'. :-)

I am not sure if this is the place to post this or not. If not, I know I can trust Xay to move it to the right location. :-)

I just noticed I have posted a LOT of suggestions over the past few days. All those suggestions can be interpreted as complaints. But, I am in NO WAY complaining about this game. This game is simply the best game I have played in years.

Before VF2 I played a new HOG game nearly every day. I don't think there are many HOG/Action games I have not played. I don't like time management games. I don't need more stress in my life.

But, since April 20, 2013 I have played almost exclusively VF2 every single day. I have a VERY short attention span. And I work a lot of hours. (notice I mostly post before dawn) I don't sleep either. But, VF2 has given me so many hours of enjoyment.

I have litterally forced several other family members and friends to buy this game just so we can share screen shots in email. Now they are addicted too. I don't think any of them do the forums and none of them would be as long winded as I have been. Don't worry that will taper off soon. I don't usually have this much time anyway.

But, since I have written so much about new ideas, I wanted to take a moment to compliment you and to thank you all for such a wonderful game. It is relaxing and very engaging. It has taken my mind off many RL issues and gives me an escape. If you never change one thing, I will still buy VF3. I'm just sayin'. :-)