Originally Posted By: arnie
2. Don't hold your breath! The large number of peeps in VV games would take up too much memory. Even with a maximum of only six peeps per generation in VF (only one of whom continues to the next generation and has babies) the game has to start dropping generations from the family tree after the 30th generation.

Sorry, I should have been a lot clearer smile I don't mean trace every single villager's relationship to every other villager like they do in VF. I was thinking more about keeping the family tree system which already exists in VV; when a child is born, its parents are always displayed in the kid's Details page until the child grows up. I'd just like future VV games to stop that from disappearing.

I can keep tabs on who's related to who by a system of name codes (which involve a lot of apostrophes and hyphens and actually wind up looking pretty cool!) but I'd still like to be able to keep the image of the little peeps' parents through life and beyond, maybe with small pics in the mortuary when you click on the dead villager's details.

Originally Posted By: arnie
3. Again, that might be useful when you don't have any kids around, but the adults are usually working in VV so you wouldn't want to use them to pick up collectibles. In the later VV games you can interrupt a kid when picking up a collectible without losing it, anyway.

Can you pick up a kid that's carrying a collectible and move them onto something else without losing it? It's been a long time since I played the later games, so I honestly can't remember. If you can, then I apologize and take back that particular comment, and will go and edit it out smile

As for the adults working...you're right, but I think it depends on the style of play. My VF2 adults are always working, but if they're the first person I come to when there's a collectible to be grabbed, then they're the ones I use to grab it. Work will be there forever, but collectibles come and go laugh

Edited by JudasFm (06/10/13 06:46 AM)