Definitely the VV series for me. No contest. The VV games are all about building a working society, the farmers getting food for the builders and the researchers etc, and learning new things to improve your little peeps' life.

The VF games, on the other hand, involve nothing more than waiting for your peeps to make lots of money so you can buy some cool stuff. (That's not to say I don't get attached to my little families; of course I do :))

Having said that, VF2 does score over the VV games in three big ways:

1. You can adopt. I've never ended up with an all male/all female tribe before, but the ability to recruit from another tribe or look for lost tribe members etc would be a great addition to the VV games.

2. Family trees. I'm still hoping this will make an appearance in future VV games, even if it's just the ability to trace parents.

3. Anyone can see collectibles, and if someone picks up a collectible and you accidentally pick up that person, the collectible isn't lost.

Of course, as always this is just my opinion smile No offense intended to anyone.