Ignoring the fact that the bone collectibles can't be got at from the beginning of the game, I wonder if in fact there are less collectibles? There were no duplicates of the house picture in VF1 so they're out as a source of money. So both games have essentially three sources of duplicates. However, the nuts and leaves do appear a lot in my game. I've been lucky enough to get the certificate now so can start to collect the dinosaur bones as well. Of course, it was also in the very first flea market screen right when I started the game - I had no chance of buying it then, even if its price had been half the 1500 coins. The insects, of course, appear when it's raining, just as in VF1.

I don't have VF1 installed on this machine so I can't compare with that, but the salaries paid to the peeps in the Windows/Mac version are twice those paid to those in the iOS version. Also, interest is paid at 10% (which I think was the same in VF1), whereas it starts at 1 or 2% (I think) in the iOS version. You can increase the interest rate paid, but it requires an in-app purchase using real money.