Swedane, are you talking about the fact that some items cannot be purchased until you are in the second generation or third generation, etc? I was wondering if that was going to be a "good" thing or a "bad" thing. Sounds like maybe it's not going to be such a good idea afterall.

I know though that with the original Virtual Families, once I had bought all the upgraded rooms and had purchased all the items that are offered in the upper right hand corner of the store (in the VF 1 game) I usually ended up wiping out that family and starting over. I got bored of it otherwise and just getting the trophies wasn't really that big of a deal for me.

This version seems to have a lot more to it -- like buying different colors of beds, lots more stuff to buy for career upgrades, etc. So I was hoping that I wouldn't get bored of it as easily. I think that's part of the reason they have the "generational locks" on the items as well but yea, I have a feeling that I'm not going to like those locks once I finally have enough money to get what I want but can't because of the locks.

Oh, and thanks for responding about the resolution -- I had a feeling that changing it wouldn't make any difference. I don't know how to mod, so I can't make it transparent. I can hope someone else uploads a mod that's already done that though, hint, hint, lol!