Originally Posted By: Jo13
Originally Posted By: Simsane
Well, you win one and you lose one, right? smile

Another trophy that I don't think I've ever received is the one where you win the lottery. I did actually have one of my 5 families have a chance to buy a lottery ticket and I used that chance but still lost. frown Oh well, just like real life, right? hahaha!

I just now came back to the forums to read over VV 1 stuff. I can't remember that game at all and besides concentrating on Research and trying to keep a steady supply of berries going, I am not sure if I should be trying to build too or just stick 4 adults on research, one on harvesting berries and continue watching for mushrooms with the one child. So, off to read those topics now.

Oh, one thing I forgot to ask -- have you ever used an Encyclopedia set on someone that already had Likes? I think I tried it once and they kept the one they had and got a second one as well. Maybe you could try that to get a runner.

I've had the lottery one happen a couple of times, but only after at least half a dozen lottery events in which they didn't win. More likely to happen that the perfect match, though. I do wonder about the latte, since I played most of my families in the older version of the game (where there was a glitch that prevented peeps from ever making lattes). I just upgraded the kitchen to level 3, though, so I guess I'll find out how hard it is to get it soon.
I've never used the encyclopedia in anyone who had likes - the description says something like "will work better if your little people have few likes", so I was always a bit afraid it would do nothing and then I'd have wasted money on it. But now, thinking about it, maybe if they only have one like it will still work.

I've used it many times and finally got a runner.It was probably just my luck and I also got the latte trophy in my first gen. So its mostly luck I guess!