Originally Posted By: stardustz17
Every time I start a new generation I make sure to stay with my little people until they complete 3 or 4 work cycles so they get the hang of it and I praise them twice then give them a candy or fruit if I have any on hand. I would praise them once for preparing and once for eating a meal and after each time I'll praise them twice for working on their career. Basically praise them once on other tasks they should do and twice when they go back to work.

Just curious. What is the starting salary of your little people? I stick with 15 if possible, then 105, and finally 90 as a last resort.

Side tip: Making coffee actually boosts their energy by a little bit.

stardustz17, you've provided some very helpful tips for us all; thank you! Does the coffee also make them crash after a while? I gave one mother an energy drink once, and the result was so funny. She was super energized for a day (real time) or more! I didn't notice any downside, but I saved up for the hammock after that so I could get them to nap or rest reliably (I know it's not necessary, but I liked the hammock from the 1st game).

I usually aim for a career with a low starting salary. According to the VF Careers and salaries spreadsheet (can be found online with a simple search), those careers have a higher maximum salary.