Originally Posted By: smjjames
Originally Posted By: Cyborg
I have another idea for VV6. Nursing mothers have a timer that shows how much longer they will nurse the baby for. Why not have them for the age of a villager. What I mean is there will be a timer that will show how much longer it will be until the villager turns old enough to work.

I don't really see that as being neccesary. When I see a child that is 13, I know they will be coming of age soon. Also one year corresponds to about an hour of gameplay time (on fast) anyways, so logically, they will come of age in not very long.

I actually think that would be a good idea, I've thought of it multiple times, but of course I always forgot about it after a few minutes. My reasons for thinking it good is that for one I play in full screen so I can't see my system clock while playing so I don't know how much longer, for two, it's possible to forget exactly what time each individual villager was "born", for three, sometimes I switch speeds or pause the game which changes/stops the amount of time left so even if the above two weren't an issue already this one would be different. Currently the only way I could see of detirmining exactly how long would be a detailed log of when the villager was "born" and exactly when the game was (un)paused/speed setting changed mixed with some calulations that some people playing couldn't do.