While trying to roll for runners during the setup (takes a really long time, gneh), I accidentially selected a non runner and went to the game, right then, I got this no-choice event.

Click to reveal..

Chutes and Ladders

I really only skimmed the text, but this is basically what it was:

The villagers get lost deep inside the jungle and must go through a system of ladders and chutes through the depths of isola. Along the way they find some lost children and it takes a long time to get back to the village. Now they have to take care of the children.

Result: Similar to the barrel of babies, you get 1 to 3 children, where it differs is that your villagers are transported to some spot (near the pools for me). I don't know if it's all or some of your villagers because it moved everybody and since I had just started the game, I only had five people.

This event tells several things for me, one, it hints that Isola is far larger than we think it is, on the scale of the main island of Hawaii, or bigger, two, it's a shout out to VV2: City of the Lost Children (I think it is anyway), three, it's a hint that there are still many mysteries to Isola.