I have 2 american eskimo spitz one male one female. my male is approx. 12 or 13 yrs old. 70 something in dog years but he still going sleeps a lot though an age thing. we have always took care of him took to vet an such and in return he has watched over an been right there when we are sick an sometimes you can be in another room or especially in bathroom he comes checks on ya see if your ok in other words he comes in if u ok he leaves back out. he has been right with me through many ilnesses an surgeries slept right beside me or hubby when these things happen. he's such a special dog he's our angel. then we have one named angel she's about 2 or 3 yrs old we bought her from someone and buddy the elder one from pound. angel is just as special she right with you when sick or whatever.she's so lively an full of happiness an joy it is so funny when you take her out she runs like a bullet round an round before she does what she suppose to do. she loves to play an sleep right beside you. when your going out somewhere an have to leave house which they stay in house both are house broke but anyway she barks an buddy howls when you leave kinda weird but its ok. I wish sometimes i had a bunch of them their such a joy to have you love them an they return that an more. we want to find a parner for angel maybe have pups buddy is fixed. its not easy to find spitz most are way away from where we live.well thats just some about my loving spitz dogs.