Originally Posted By: scallerbar
I agree too many are thinking this is real life, its a game for heaven sakes. Enjoy it for what it is.

While I agree with you to an extent - I would be fairly certain that others on this site will feel concerned about the level of violence in other games. They are still just games after all.

I very much enjoyed the other games - I have bought the entire catalogue of LDW games and have enjoyed playing every one. Therefore, when I got the email of a new game I bought it straight away.

When it loaded, I was concerned to say the least. I, like others, had been aware of what felt like slight undertones of religion in the other VV games. However, this one felt overt and hectoring.

Despite this, I played for a while and I can honestly say that this has become my favourite game of the series. If I choose to ignore the issues in the game which I find concerning I find the game compelling, challenging and very funny (child on time warp had me laughing out loud).

I feel that the challenges are pitched better than ever - I can work them out on my own (unlike VV4 where they were either so mundane and obvious as to make them pointless or completely obscure) and have plenty to keep me busy.

Others have complained about the converting of the last few mask wearers - saying it's boring and pointless. I am loving this aspect of the game. I completed all the challenges days ago but this is keeping me coming back. It also means that there have been challenging periods when my villagers have been hungry due to mask-wearers chasing them from the fish.

All in all, I like this a lot. It might be good for us all to remember when pundits accuse games designers of damaging the minds of children with images of violence that it is, after all, just a game.

P

Edited by PollyMT (01/18/11 12:38 PM)