I actually like the game, despite one major aspect I find distasteful. I was, however pleasantly surprised at the newer concept, again, even however much I dislike the overtone. I'll leave my comments on that later.

I was prepared for "another VV game" and really wasn't all too excited about its arrival. Though some of the basics are pretty much the same, there have been new concepts put into it which make it feel it is it's own game and truly an addition to the VV saga. Tearing down totems and using powers to solve puzzles is refreshing.

Now for my soapbox. Anyone who reads this, please understand from the get-go that this is my own opinion and is driven by my own view of religion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. I am not, nor will I ever belittle one's faith.

I have read some of the previous posts and I have to agree with some of what I read. I almost did not get the game due to its religious overtones. My first negative reaction was to see the word 'heathen'. That turned me off right away. I think it would have been better served to refer to them as 'savages' or 'natives', as they were supposedly there before "my" tribe arrived. Developing "god" powers was not the best term to use either. Maybe if 1) there was a way to lowercase the word 'god', that may have been better or 2) just refer to it a a spirit. A Tree Spirit, or a Wind Spirit. or "The spirit of the first Tribal Chief". Even if the ghosts from VV _ The Secret City had come back to grant you these powers, it would have taken out the religious overtone and the parts of organized religion I dislike.

This game brings 2 things to mind. One would be the "Door Knocking" religions that feel compelled to "convert" everyone to their way of belief, and secondly, it brings to mind the way some religions have settled in a land and built missionaries and temples and set out to "educate" the original people of the land.

Now, I have read the story in the game. I realize that the object is to make the "lost" believe in what they once already believed in, but the terminology and catch phrases and imagery give it a different appearance than what is meant and the realization we are supposed to be giving back the hope and faith to a people who once had it, yet lost it, came too late in the game that the original thoughts and feeling are already set.

There have been debates on this site regarding religion and boy have they become heated. I am not looking for debate. Nor am I looking for agreement. I am simply stating it as I see it in my own head. I was fine with the VV games when it was not so "religious' in nature. True, there has been some aspect of it in past VV's but they were nondescript and fit the ambiance of tribal times and stereotypical primitive tribal ways based on the earth and nature.

Although I made a mod of it, and I may seem hypocritical, I also didn't like "The Hand of God" Idol, with its emitting rays of Godly power. This is why I chose to place the plant with a mystical gem that may be just reflecting the rays of the sun like any prism does.

This to me kept this good game from being what could have been a truly awesome game and worth a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I personally know of 2 people will WILL NOT get the game for what it appears to represents. It's a shame. I, myself, try to disassociate what I see and try to weave in the past games methodology.