Back when VV1 was created, people took offense to the golden child being similar to Jesus Christ. I have to admit, I never made the connection until I saw it discussed. As far as I know, VV has since steered clear of any implicit religious references.

Now, I'm usually not someone who gets up in a bunch over religion (being agnostic myself), but I noticed a few things that quite frankly, shocked me a bit.

Okay, I get that the story is about heathens, which is a term I don't like, but I can get over that. Cue villagers 'explaining the truth' to the heathens. Whose truth? The heathens seem to do just fine, and the totems suggest that they have a deity of their own (who may or may not have charged the pain totem). But here are our villagers, explaining the heathens how wrong they have been.

Not only that, but the villagers destroy their property, and take over their land. Now, I know it's just a game, and I doubt that the refence to crusades is intentional, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm supposed to be a vengeful God.

Am I the only one? I feel sorry for the heathens because the whole point is to take over their village..

Maybe it would've been better to refer to a force of Nature (Mother Nature, or, Isola's magic Nature!). You know, focussing more on spirituality and balance in nature than a deity?

Having that said, I'm absolutely love the new concept! Well done LDW laugh