I'd say that these are the most important things for the developers to do to make the game worthwhile:
  • Fix the population cap. At the moment we can only have one child, even if extra shacks are built. My original villagers are now in their 60s, with the son in his 40s. It may be too late to save my tribe already.
  • Fix the issue with skills and preferences not being remembered between sessions. Also, some explanation of how they gain some of the skills would be useful. I can understand parenting, farming and building, but not the others.
  • Introduce more tasks. At present it's rather boring just watching them collect food and wood, or clear away weeds, etc.
Whenever I open the game the villagers are all standing around the village with nothing to do and I have to set them all tasks gathering fruit, coconuts, and wood. Shouldn't they be progressing when the game is off?

Tasks like clearing away plants and weeds take up an energy point; in addition, some thought ought to be given to the levels: I need 500 XP (and therefore 500 energy points) to go up to the next level which will take ages at current progress unless new challenges are introduced.

The last announcement of updates/changes was made on the FB site about three weeks ago. Although it seems a few minor modifications have been made since, there doesn't seem on the face of it any attempt to address the major issues.