Wow! I really liked all the feedback you guys gave. It's what keeps me going! wink I really hope that my last message didn't sound like I won a Grammy or something eek In this chapter, It's been week since their second day on Isola. As a heads up, my school starts in about 2 or 3 weeks, so when school starts this story won't be updated as much. But I promise they'll be better and longer! This chapter is way longer then the last, So enjoy!
Peace out!

The Smell of Soap and Cooked Fruit

I woke up while everyone was still sleeping. I stepped carefully over the others and walked out of the hut, bumping my head in the process. I silently mumbled
"Ow…" as I walked over to the strange hut in the clearing . We finished the other huts yesterday, So I wonder what this hut could be? I remember the expressions Alohi and Rasche had on their faces last night when Annaleigh And I decorated the other hut in flowers and other decorations.

I walk away from the strange hut and start the fire again. I check the food and then head over to the blueberry bush. When I get there I gasp, All the blueberries were almost gone! We haven't even finished clearing the rubble in the Cooking pit Annaleigh and Alohi found The other day! I rush over to the cooking pit I remove as much rubble as I can In a few minutes.

"What's wrong, 'Seph?".
Annaleigh says from behind me. " Nice try, but you didn't scare me. Anyway, There are only a couple berries left!" I say, a bit rushed. " You know that you can't do that alone and You have to start breakfast, Too". I hear an "Ow..." from the direction of our hut. I stand up and turn around. Rasche is walking towards us, rubbing the back of his head. I call out to him " Did You hit your head on the doorway?". He yells back, with a grin " Now what makes you think that?".

We get to our morning routines. I head to the lab And start making breakfast. As I'm cutting some fish that got stuck in the tide pool in low tide, Rasche comes over, holding three white herbs in his arms. I give him a confused look and he says that it's a surprise. I get back to my task. A few minutes later, I've finished breakfast and put it around the fire pit. Something in the air smells a bit different. The scent is coming from the lab, so I start to walk over there, Just as Napa races by. She's heading to the Lab too. I get there and look into the pot. It was Soap! " It's still hardening, so don't touch it". I turn around and look at Rasche. " Now, Why Would I do that?". He laughs a bit, But then Napa rushes over to the pot with a spoon. " Napa, Don't eat that!".

But she put the spoon in there anyway and put some soap in her mouth. Her expression changed from a happy smile, to a scrunched up mouth. She ran to the pool of water near the lab and cleaned her mouth. She walked back to us and asked " What was that yucky thing? It isn't breakfast, Right?". I laugh a bit and tell Napa that's its soap and assure her that isn't breakfast. Alohi has woken up, so we all eat our breakfast.

Then Rasche Runs to the lab and comes back, With the soap in his hand! We all gather around and celebrate! Which involves a cheesy group hug. Napa runs of to find mushrooms,lab gear, fish scales, wind flutes, and mausoleum pieces. Rasche, Alohi, Annaleigh and I all agree that starting right now, we will all work on clearing the rubble together. There wasn't much rubble left, but if we hadn't worked together then we wouldn't have cleared it fast enough. We all stood up and looked at the pit.

" How will we cook the fruit in there?" Annaleigh asked. I Had no idea how we would do it. Then Alohi said " I think I know how. We need four hot rocks and some leaves from the dormant banana tree" He pointed to a small tree by the blueberry bush, " to cover the rocks." We walked over to the rock pile and each grabbed a large rock to heat. We walked over and put the rocks down and did something while we waited for them to turn red. Rasche and Alohi worked on the strange hut, while Annaleigh and I researched.

While we were researching, Annaleigh leans over and whispers "What do you think that strange hut is? Alohi won't tell me anything". I tell her " Rasche won't tell me anything either. I haven't got any idea what it could be". Napa runs in the lab and tells us that she found a wind flute and the rocks are red. I tell her good job and we run over to the fire pit to retrieve our hot rocks. Rasche and Alohi are already there, picking up two of the four hot rocks. Annaleigh and I pick up the remaining two rocks and rush over to the cooking pit.

We carefully put the hot rocks in there and ran over to the dormant banana tree, because we did not want the rocks to cool. We picked some of the large leaves off the tree and ran over to the pit to cover the rocks. After we put the leaves over the hot rocks, bits of thin smoke arose from under the leaves. Rasche ran over to the tree where the hard fruit was, and shook some down!

In a few seconds, a big, juicy fruit fell down into Rasche's arms! He took it over to the cooking pit. Soon, he said " I think it might be ready now. Let's try it!". We all rushed over to Rasche and took a chunk out of the huge piece of fruit. It smelled wonderful! I put it in mouth and it tasted as wonderful as it smelled. Napa runs and grabs a chunk off the fruit too and she says " This is really good! We should use this in dessert for my 10th birthday, which happens to be next week!". She runs of, after grabbing a piece of fruit and celebrating the discovery, Like the rest of us.

" 10th birthday? I thought she was 7!" I said,a bit confused. Alohi chuckled and said " She got that a lot and it will benefit her later in life when she's 50 and still has her blond hair". I suppose she is a little bit too mature to be a 7-year-old.

We have a big dinner in celebration of the two great things that have happened today. It was yummy , thanks to the fruit from the tree. After that we all went to bed because we are exhausted.

Edited by Rockmower (08/10/10 06:43 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling mostly

Avvi by AR