That's a nice idea, but I fear it would prove too difficult to implement. To quote LDW:
Quote:
These modifications (or Mods) have all been created by users and are not supported by LDW. Use these modifications at your own risk. If using them causes problems for your game, please do not request support from LDW.

In addition, even if the mods were tested by LDW and approved in some way, there would have to be additional coding added to enable their choice and installation. I know that some programs support the installation of new "skins", so it's not impossible, but most mods are fairly graphics-heavy and would prove difficult to cater for. I'm not a programmer, but I guess that the addition of such a feature would make the coding more complicated, and possibly cause other problems. In addition, mods created by different people would need merging so they didn't clash; that can really only be sorted out by manual installation, and if necessary asking for help on the forums.

Don't let that put you off installing mods, though! Provided you're careful about backing up your files and following the rest of the installation Instructions (shown for VF, but those for VV are similar) you should be able to use them successfully. You shouldn't lose your game because of problems installing any mods; the savegame files are kept in a separate place, and you should have kept a back up in any case! If all else fails you can ask for help in the game's forum, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you speedily.