In my second village I decided that my chief would be female that way she can have lots of babies so my other female villagers can spend more time working and less time making babies. But I couldn't get the female child villager to be chief so I gave up and just let one of my adult female villagers be the chief. Then she died of old age in the middle of rebuilding the statue.

"I didn't expect you to live till the end of the construction project but couldn't you have lived at least a year longer so I could get the legendary leader award? That's the last time I start out with a chief in their mid 20's."

"I don't care who the next chief is I just want this project done!"

"You had to pick the 2nd oldest villager to be chief!?"

"OK now this guy is dead, now pick someone younger so the statue project can be finished!"

"Yay you picked a 10 year old cheif!"

"Where is the cheif is he sick? What are you doing making sand castles?! Get back to work!"

"Now it's a potty break?"

"I just heard a bunch of villagers say 'no' are you goofing off again?"

"look, when the construction project is finished you can play all you want. Maybe starting out with a 24 year old chief is just about right after all."

"Yay the project is finished! Too bad you're almost 14 now. Being chief at such a crucial time certainly robbed you of your childhood."