Mel 21, all I had to have completed to get the hummingbird to come was purifiy the tree, cut off the dead limb, make sure the stream is flowing by the tree, and have a lei repaired. Then the hummingbird came. By the way, when the hummingbird comes, you have to follow it quickly, stay with it while it fertilizes the flower, and put your villagers on the flower. Each flower has a certain spot you have to put your villager on, or they will walk away. But you will know immediately if you have found that spot because they will automatically stoop to pick a flower. After you have all the leis repaired, the hummingbird comes to visit often. Then the villagers take it to the research table for tech points - 250 each. I have been able to pick as many as 39 flowers, but usually I get an average of 25-30 (it helps to have lots of children so I have one child waiting, holding it above the child that is picking the flower, then drop the other child as soon as the first child is away. As soon as I drop the child on the flower I pick up another child and hold it above the previous one. I repeat this process until the flower is no longer in bloom. Sometimes I use adults, but children run faster and are available to use again quicker than the adults.). Sorry this is so long. I hope this helps you.