I have been having trouble getting my villagers to eat stews.

I've made at least 4 different stews successfully earlier today (so I know what needs to be done), but now they just won't eat. The message I'm getting is "unfinished stew". There definitely IS boiling water, 3 herbs, and something from the food bin.

I wonder if it has something to do with my completed puzzles. I just finished puzzle 7, and when I make someone use that, they carry the item to the stew, not to the food bin. When I get the message that it's unfinished, I can still take something from the food bin. When I click on the pot, I don't get a "x more herbs needed" message.

I cannot empty out the water, and have had a "water must be boiling" message a few times. So I've done that part again, added 3 more herbs, more food, and tried it all over again (basically doing everything except filling the pot with water, because the water is already there). Every time, the villager is happy to mix (if there were already too many herbs, I'd expect they'd say so), but once mixed, and food added, they refuse to eat, saying "unfinished stew".

After closing the game down and reopening, the pot is now empty. I make a stew using all the correct ingredients, and they still refuse to eat, saying the stew is unfinished.

Edited by slh (02/23/10 12:08 PM)