I too would like to see many of the things already suggested. However, being able to closet the clothes we buy I don't think that would be a very easy thing to accomplish. But then I am not a programmer so who knows maybe it can be done quite easily. But then again what would we spend our money on once we have gotten everything else???

What I would like to see is as follows:
1.A progression of the upgrades(ie a progression of tvs with the
big screen tv being the last in group) and do the same for all the other items.

2.The more realistic bill paying would be nice they could be maybe set up as a once a month random email event or spit up into 2 or 3 email events that occur sometime in a monthly period.

3.I would like to see upgrades to the bathrm/laundryrm, kids room and master bedroom, living room. They could have 3 levels and would become available once the third career room(ie, once the 3rd level kitchen is bought than that section would be taken over by say the living room with 3 levels to it and so on)

4.Since the bugs only show up when it rains and no other time I would like to see only the bugs when it rains. It is very frustrating when it rains and I get everything but bugs. I don't know but it seems to me if you can set the randomness so bugs only come when it rains you should be able to prevent the coins and other collectibles from showing up when it rains.

5.I don't know if anyone else has ever noticed this but I have. When you start initially or when you choose the next generation the one you adopt levels of energy and fed are slightly higher than that of the spouse you select. Also the spouse seems to lose energy quicker and gets hungrier sooner and doesn't gain energy back after an nap or reading a magazine at the same rate as the initial adoptee does. So would be nice to see that adjusted.

6.A backyard play area for the kids that can be purchased and upgraded would be nice too I would rather have that than the bird house personally.

7.A way to keep the grandparents in the family would be nice too. Perhaps there would be a way to purchase an addition room in the upgrade screen that could become the room for grandma or grandpa or both once the game reaches a stage where it is time to pass the house to the next generation.

8.I would like to see things like make-up, deoderant, toothpaste, shaving cream, razors and the like since our peeps are always doing these activities in the bathroom anyway. so if we had a cupboard in the bathroom like the fridge in the kitchen that when you click on it tells you how many units of toiletries you have on hand so you could buy them when needed even if it was done like the groceries where we bought a bag of assorted items.

guess that is about all I can think of right now. And of course I agree with most all the other suggestions that have been made by others.