I'll apologize in advance, if you feel this post offends you. That is not my intention. It is not pointed at any one person or group of people. It is intended to view my personal opinion on the entire mass of posts where people express their "discontent" with their perceived religious; racial; or life style contents of the games.

I'm not going to get into a Biblical dispute here, nor start quoting scripture. I will tell you that there are many, many members who are devout believers in their religion that play these games without a problem.

I happen to be a Christian and an ordained minister. I know at least one member who is a Messianic Jew, and another who is an Orthodox Jew. I know a couple of members who are of the Muslim faith and am pretty sure that one other is likely Hindu.

I feel LDW has done an admirable job of keeping religion OUT of the games. I have no more problem reconstructing the statue and ruins in VV1 than I do reading articles related to the Moi on Easter Island or of Stonehenge. The same goes for the puzzles and challenges in the other games.

I'm sure LDW does not intentionally offend anyone by either inserting or omitting objects into the games. What I think they do, and do very well, is build casual games that are challenging and fun to play.

I would suggest people would be happier if they concentrate harder on trying to keep their tribes alive long enough to solve the puzzles, than they will be by trying to infer religious; racial or domestic connotations into the games.

Remember, they only offer the games for sale, they do not coerce anyone into buying or even playing them. They are extremely considerate in offering enough free trial time for anyone to determine if the game is suited to them or their children.

Each consumer should carefully evaluate the game during the free trial period. If they feel it is appropriate, they can then purchase it for a reasonable fee. This is the consumers right and their choice.

It is NOT however, the consumers right to try and dictate standards to the company on how to build the games. You may, of course, make suggestions about what you'd like to see by using the suggestions threads that are posted for each game.

If your goal is to dictate the content of the games, you should start your own company and build games that fit your standards. If you aren't a skilled programmer, there are plenty of them available for hire. In this way you can build games that you are entirely comfortable with. Who knows? I might even buy them.

In other words, feel free to buy the games as they are and enjoy them, or decide they aren't suitable to your life style and go find another game to play.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry