We do ensure that all of our downloads are free of viruses and other malware. There has been a problem in recent months with various anti-virus software quarantining our games due to false identification of a virus. Earlier this year Symantec investigated a complaint from one of our customers and resolved the issue for that game, but virus signatures change often, and there is little we can do to affect the problem of false positives.

I have personally had several of our games quarantined on various computers in my test lab by Symantec products, and I know for a fact that those files were not infected. Some of the files had been on those computers since 2006-2007 (and Symantec had been running continuously the entire time), and they were suddenly quarantined after Symantec changed its signature files.

Everyone must decide for themselves how to handle this kind of situation. If you have been running reliable anti-virus software and are confident that your computer is not infected with a virus (apart from a warning about our game), then it's probably safe to remove the game from quarantine and exclude it from further scans. You may also want to contact your anti-virus software provider if you have concerns.