when you click the target plant to receive the pollen from the donor plant, you would expect the donor plant to remain the donor plant for subsequent pollinations. in reality however, the way it was programmed, the target plant becomes the donor plant once it is clicked on to receive the donor plant's pollen.

i do not think this was the best choice for this behavior. my opinion is that the donor plant should remain the donor plant. anyway, this is not the first time this issue has been brought up, and i'm sure it won't be the last.

this confused the heck out of me when i was making my first plant tycoon breeding charts long ago, and led to a lot of backtracking once i figured out what was happening.

even the simplest games seem to be riddled with a lot of small details that need to be ironed out. it is hard work and time consuming to solve the major problems. if programmers did not release their work until even all the small details were working perfectly, programs would never be released and we would still all be playing the beta version of VV1. smile