Honestly, my family hasn't cut back on too much really.

In almost 24 years, my family have never traveled (minus school trips) so that doesn't apply to us. Neither my mom or I have licenses so we pay 25 bucks a month for an unlimited bus pass so local driving isn't an issue, nor is a new car (though I was planning on getting a license soon so that may be pushed back quite a bit). I don't go to movies and rarely rent or purchase them so that doesn't apply either, same with the video games. Clothing is a non-issue since the majority of the clothes are in good condition and can be worn to work. Take-out is an event every other week so there's no problem there either.

So the only thing that should have taken a hit would be the books/magazines area but now being eligible for a 33% discount on books and a 10% discount on magazines, I've been able to save money there even while buying the same amount. \:\?

We've tried to cut out non-essential food items like a bunch of sweets and non-essential, non-planned purchases at other stores but that hasn't happened too well either. We're trying to cut back on the electricity but the bill still seems to soar anyhow.

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.