With these hard times, it has been especially difficult here. My wife's job was Real Estate related and when that took a dive, so did her wage. It was cut in 1/2.
My families favorite past time was to go out to dinner. If I didn't want to cook, "Hey! Let's go out!" I cannot remember when or where our last dining out experiences was. I had to cancel my Big Fish Game Club. Cannot afford $7 a month. Most everything I buy at the grocery store is on club card. "Woohoo! Mac&Cheese for a buck a piece!" I haven't even been able to keep up on regular oil changes. \:8 I also couldn't tell you when the last time I washed my truck. I hate washing vehicles because I wind up getting so detailed, it takes me all day. I used to take it to a car wash but that hasn't happened in several, several months. Also here in SoCal, we have water restrictions. No watering your yard, washing cars, no outside water what-so-ever from 9am to 4pm. My busy times are from 6-9am and 1:30 till after sundown. Thankfully there was one day a week or so where it rained for a few hours. I got out there and wiped the truck down, in the rain. I said "HA! You cannot fine me for using Mother Natures water! \:\/ "