That sounds interesting (I did biology and love all that stuff).....but I think it'd be a little bit too complicated for both the programming and the people playing it (there are so many things to remember in the game as it stands, plus kids play it too).

You could get in a Massive muddle trying to keep up with all the different genes etc. and then trying to pluck out just six individual plants from that muddle.

It'd be educational though...but I don't think that's the main reason people play this game!

I have a suggestion for a sequel - The only thing I didn't like in PT is the fact that you save up multiple $2000 for the fancy rare plants, and yet - you don't need them...apart from one, the (spoiler - highlight)Scandens that can't be created apart from with itself in the cross. You only need them to make all 529 plants, which isn't essential.

I'd like at least one of the magic plants to include one of the high level plants to be needed to make it.

Also, you shouldn't be able to just buy the magic plants in the shop, it always seems like to cheating to me to plant a random plant and then up pops the little windchimy thing...