Chapter 24
All In The Family

Obi laughed and tears filled his happy eyes. Noa called for their children to make the announcement.

"Geez Dad!" Ahi laughed, "Couldn't you wait until you named the last one?" Obi laughed and the family celebrated. They went to inform the rest of the tribe.

It took less than a week for Aida to announce that she was pregnant as well. While talking with Noa one day, seeking advice from the tribe's pregnant pro, Aida looked at Noa and asked, "Noa? Are you sad that you won't be pregnant with your daughters?"

Noa looked at her pretty daughter-in-law and replied "Aida. Obi and I were blessed to have two girls and two boys. Our closest friends consistently gave birth to some of the most beautiful girls we have ever seen. Just because our daughters do not have any young men their age to marry, doesn't mean that we can't bring two more daughters into our family. We were so happy when we saw that you and Ahi were love and we see the same look forming in Akio's eyes when he looks at Aika. Your mother is my best friend and to see our boys fall in love her daughters is more than we could ever wish. We love you very much Aida and you are now family. As far as I'm concerned, I am pregnant with my daughter." She paused to hug Aida and saw that Aida was crying although a large smile was on her face.

"I don't know how many more children Obi and I will be able to have, but it will be up to you and Ahi and Akio and Aika to bear many children and find a nice mix between boys and girls so that this tribe can continue for many years to come." Aida cried harder and hugged Noa tight. Noa knew they were happy tears and understood how Aida felt. For a long time, the two sat together and talked. They would have stayed longer but were interrupted but Ahi's loud cry.

"Hey everyone! Come here! Quick!" he yelled. The two stood up and followed the rest of the tribe to the stone figure where Ahi stood.

"What is it?" Aida asked when they arrived.

"I think I figured it out! Look!" said Ahi excited. As everyone looked at the figure, they noticed that Ahi had managed to fuse the three metal pieces together and had hung it from the top of the figures mouth. "And listen to this," he continued as he picked up a stick and struck the metal with all his strength. A loud sound emerged from the metal, musical, yet awkward. "I think it's some kind of drum or something, but I'm sure there's a piece still missing. It doesn't quite look right, and definitely doesn't sound right. And I'm not too sure yet what it's supposed to do when it's finished, but I'm sure it's important." He turned to face the crowd and saw 15 shocked and confused faces. At this point, he didn't know what to think and was starting to feel a little silly. Then he saw his father step through the crowd and approach him. Obi looked at the figure and then at his oldest child. He grabbed his son and pulled him into a hug so quickly that Ahi was surprised and shocked. When Obi pulled back his looked again at his son's face and said "You take after your mother." Ahi chuckled relieved and everyone started applauding Ahi for his new, brilliant discovery.

A few days later, Mua and Piku announced to the tribe that they were also going to be having another child. Their children were elated and Aida couldn't be happier that she was pregnant with her two mothers. As everyone celebrated, Jem jumped up and said "Coen and I are pregnant too!"

"Wha..?" Coen started to say and then fainted. Everyone laughed and celebrated more while Jem tried to revive her husband.

After following in his older brothers footsteps, Akio, who had just celebrated his 18th birthday with Hawa and Aika, took Piku aside and asked for permission to marry Aika. Full of pride, Piku granted his permission and a little over a week later, Akio and Aika were married.

"I just can't build these huts fast enough!" laughed Piku hugging his new son-in-law after the ceremony.

Within two weeks, Aika announced that she was pregnant. Coen, Piku, Obi, Ahi and Akio all stood together looking in amazement at their wives.

"Wow" said Piku, "I must be dreaming. All five, pregnant at the same time. This can't be real."

"I'm excited!" said Ahi "I can't wait!"

"Just wait, young one" said Piku. "We haven't gotten to the tough part yet. Give it a month or two"

"What do you mean?" asked Akio.

"Stop! Don't say anymore!" sighed Coen, "I can't take another fainting spell, my head still hurts from hitting it last time" and he rubbed the bump that was still visible on the back of his head. Piku and Obi laughed. Piku turned to Obi and said "And we thought it was tough with three of them at once. What did we get ourselves into?" Obi laughed again, looking at his beautiful wife in the distance and put an arm around his lifelong friend.